Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-14-2015, 08:46 PM   #136
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Re: Falcons postgame positives and negatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody81 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=8571444857993

I really like Grant. I can't believe a receiver actually took the blame for something.
I really like that.....
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-14-2015, 08:51 PM   #137
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Refs are a bitch for not calling that block in the back on Grant. I hate those fools.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:05 PM   #138
That Guy
Living Legend

i know i'm late to the party, i've been out, but i think this game we really needed B+ kirk instead of C- kirk.

the running game or the run defense stepping up a bit more could have also changed the end result, but we lost a close game to a better team. disappointed in how it ended, but at least the team has some fight. hopefully we can take out the frustration of this loss on the jets.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:09 AM   #139
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Why hasnt anybody here talked about the missed block by the olineman on the last play?

Listening to Mike Robinson from nfl network, said that at looking at tape that jumped out at him as the main cause of the int. Said the Cousins read and throw were fine for that situation. Said the combination of the poor oline play and the let down by the WR reason for that loss and everybody wants to talk Kirk Cousins? I guess folks are giving passes to the oline now?
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:01 AM   #140
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Why hasnt anybody here talked about the missed block by the olineman on the last play?

Listening to Mike Robinson from nfl network, said that at looking at tape that jumped out at him as the main cause of the int. Said the Cousins read and throw were fine for that situation. Said the combination of the poor oline play and the let down by the WR reason for that loss and everybody wants to talk Kirk Cousins? I guess folks are giving passes to the oline now?
I think Kirk absolved the o-line by saying he should have changed the protection call when he saw the defense.

Interestingly it was probably a very similar play to one where griffin took a huge sack in the preseason and many gave griffin a pass blaming the o-line instead.

Sent from my S6 Edge

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 10-15-2015 at 06:57 PM.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:14 AM   #141
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOgUqrd7jcY

^^ video of the int.

Immediate pressure came from blitzing OLB #54, who came in untouched as trent was engaged with the DE.

#44 runs a simple stunt and is able to squeeze through the middle of Long and Lich.

Credit to the Falcons D coach for dialing up a look I assume the skins had not seen bc our entire left side were certainly caught off guard.

I was too hard on kirk for this int. he did kinda throw it blind but it wasnt a full blown panic throw like i was initially thinking it was. Kirk actually had some time to see the field.

Kirk does stare down Grant the entire time.

Kirk doesnt seem to realize the OLB #54 is blitzing leaving the TE wide open running a seam route which ends up being the same dig route that grant runs.

it appears like the outside WR on trips right was wide open on a cross.

soo frustrating.

there were guys open all over the field.

why didnt kirk recognize that the trips right had coverage 10 yards from the LOS?

wouldnt that be the perfect hot route?

why stare down grant?

i think ive posted more about this 1 int than any int ever. i need to let it go. sorry for the long rambling post.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:07 PM   #142
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post

why didnt kirk recognize that the trips right had coverage 10 yards from the LOS?

wouldnt that be the perfect hot route?

why stare down grant?

i think ive posted more about this 1 int than any int ever. i need to let it go. sorry for the long rambling post.
Why haven't I hit the lottery?

Why won't the IRS leave me alone?

Why won't my wife believe me that I was out with the guys and I passed out on my buddy's couch until morning?

Why? Why? Why?

Because life is a bitch. Then you die.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:25 PM   #143
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Why haven't I hit the lottery?

Why won't the IRS leave me alone?

Why won't my wife believe me that I was out with the guys and I passed out on my buddy's couch until morning?

Why? Why? Why?

Because life is a bitch. Then you die.

Than u go to heaven where Your teams always win, and your wife believes everything.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:44 PM   #144
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

A bit late, but here are my thoughts. I'm glad this team put up a valiant effort against the Falcons, but it really was such a shitty way to lose. Just think of how many starters we had out.

S, LG,WR,TE,CB.....five starters out and still carry these guys down to the wire. I think that says a lot about our depth.

Chris Baker is slowly becoming a stud on this line. Loved his effort out there and as well as the rest of the defense. They did a tremendous job holding Atlanta down and getting pressure on Ryan.

I have to say that I was really really disappointed in Garcon's play. This was the one thing I hated about this guy in Indy (as well as here). He's too damned inconsistent. He's brilliant in one game, and the next game drops passes that should be (and needs to be) caught.

Kirk was off most of the day except when the game was on the line. Needs to fix that accuracy up by throwing the ball sooner. It really was a shame Grant fell down and the game ended the way it did.

Our offensive line needs to block for the run better. Two games in a row our run game has been lack luster. Not sure it's because teams are stacking the box, or our RG/C are performing terrible. (I know Kory flat out sucked this past Sunday)

Also, I wanted to kick the coaches in the balls for that lame offensive series near the goal line that pretty much cost us a TD at the end. It was fucking dreadful.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:22 PM   #145
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
...one where griffin took a huge sack in the preseason and many gave griffin a pass blaming the on-line instead.

Sent from my S6 Edge
Must have been in an alternate universe. '...gave Griffin a pass...' I don't recall that at all. Not trying to start a bruhaha but seriously, Griffin received zero passes in the preseason, even when they started Willie Smith (now jobless) @ LT

But yeah Kirk either missed a protection/shift and got pressured off the edge and was forced to throw hot.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:13 PM   #146
That Guy
Living Legend

cooley and kirk both said that rush was due to a bad protection call on kirk's part. if grant didn't fall down, maybe it doesn't even matter... who knows.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:50 PM   #147
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
I know many in this forum have chest puffing disdain for advanced stats but Football Outsider's rates the Jets defense as #2 overall #5 vs the pass and #1 vs the run. And before you excuse away their rankings FBO accounts for the strength of the competition better then raw defense stats like yards allowed or points allowed. Then you look at their personnel and coaching. Both are very good.
I really like FO analysis.

It's their number crunching Tandler used in his article about how Forbath's accuracy wasn't worth his short distance.

Also really like the DVOA they use to rank offenses and defenses.

Totally agree. This is going to be a test with everyone banged up.

A lot of quick, short passes, and I think we struggle running inside.

Their front is going to manhandle McRib if he has to sustain.
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:15 AM   #148
rickmmrr
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I'm ok with "OK" this year. After all I don't think most predictions had this team winning more than 4-5 games. So if they end up with 7-9 wins, that is a success and something to build on.

Every single 'good to great' QB in the history of the game required time to become just that. They needed the opportunity to learn from their mistakes, and patience from everyone around them to allow the whole team to grow together. For some QBs and some teams it happened faster than others...this guy has had a total of five games as the anointed starter, with the benefit of taking all the starter repetitions, working with the 1s, etc.

Whether you choose to see it or not, this team is getting better and is growing together. There's a ton of new faces in the starting lineups - some by design, and some due to multiple injuries to 1st and 2nd stringers. It's a testament to Scot M. for bringing the right guys in, and it's a testament to the coaching staff for putting it all together on Sundays.

While Kirk has been great at times and not so great at times, I believe the team is much better with him behind center, and has a pretty high ceiling. The overall health of the team has been the bigger issue to me, rather than Kirk's inconsistency. I'm not going to predict the playoffs this year, but it's not out of the question given the state of the NFC East. I will say that as of this week there are less than five teams in the entire league that I feel this team cannot beat if they put together their A game.
Could not agree more.
rickmmrr is offline   Reply With Quote