Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Parking Lot

Old 06-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #76
dmek25
MVP

Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
Thanks for the blurb. The latest rumor is that the Republicans have video of Michell Obama railing against "whitey" at church. Tell 10 friends.
i wasn't going to justify this with a response, but had to. this is the most ignorant thing i have seen posted on this board, ever. and that's saying alot

Advertisements
Old 06-08-2008, 07:49 PM   #77
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i wasn't going to justify this with a response, but had to. this is the most ignorant thing i have seen posted on this board, ever. and that's saying alot
I originally thought this was a bad take at sarcasm or a joke, but it is a rumor in the blogosphere. I'm not saying it exists, I'm just saying it's an internet rumor with specifics as to where and when the event occured. The rumor discussion has made its way onto Fox News (I know surprise, surprise).

Michelle Malkin also had comments on it and I agree with her:

Michelle Malkin » Where is the purported Michelle Obama “whitey” video?
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #78
steveo395
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I don't think anyone can top Bush but this speech is borderline...maybe it's just me? What is he trying to say? Is he really smiling (starts at 1:30 sec)? Does anything he say line-up with his voting record?
I think Obama has just topped Bush in terms of speaking.

And no I'm not doing this out of support of McCain because he is almost as bad as Obama.

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #79
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395 View Post
I think Obama has just topped Bush in terms of speaking.

And no I'm not doing this out of support of McCain because he is almost as bad as Obama.
These guys give about 14 speeches a day and have to talk off the top of their heads most of the time to hundreds and thousands. They are bound to screw up some and I don't think we should hold it against them.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #80
steveo395
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
These guys give about 14 speeches a day and have to talk off the top of their heads most of the time to hundreds and thousands. They are bound to screw up some and I don't think we should hold it against them.
I completely understand that, but people are all over Bush when he does it. When Obama does it, you don't hear a thing and all you hear about is how great of a speaker he is.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:12 AM   #81
Miller101
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395 View Post
I completely understand that, but people are all over Bush when he does it. When Obama does it, you don't hear a thing and all you hear about is how great of a speaker he is.
"Africa is a great nation with many diseases." - George Bush

"Your free now and freedom is good. Its going to take us a little while to make chaos out of order......order out of chaos." - George Bush just an hour or so after the statues of Saddam Hussein were ripped down.

This is a loose quote..........."we hope we get the democracy here like the one in Iraq". -George Bush, publicly, to President Putin of Russia

"I hope we don't get the democracy here like the one we have in Iraq." - President Putin, publicly, in response to Bush.

Its not just about Bush screwing up his words. Its also about Bush embarrassing himself and our country. Thats why people rip him for it. Obama promises to change that and he most definetly will.
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #82
steveo395
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post

"Your free now and freedom is good. Its going to take us a little while to make chaos out of order......order out of chaos." - George Bush just an hour or so after the statues of Saddam Hussein were ripped down.

This is a loose quote..........."we hope we get the democracy here like the one in Iraq". -George Bush, publicly, to President Putin of Russia

"I hope we don't get the democracy here like the one we have in Iraq." - President Putin, publicly, in response to Bush.

Its not just about Bush screwing up his words. Its also about Bush embarrassing himself and our country. Thats why people rip him for it. Obama promises to change that and he most definetly will.
“In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.” - Barack Obama
The actual death toll: 12.

“Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.” - Barack Obama

And in perhaps the most seriously troubling set of gaffes of them all, Obama told a Portland crowd over the weekend that Iran doesn’t “pose a serious threat to us” — cluelessly arguing that “tiny countries” with small defense budgets can’t do us harm — and then promptly flip-flopped the next day, claiming, “I’ve made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave.”

Earlier this month in Cape Girardeau, Mo., Obama showed off his knowledge of the war in Afghanistan by homing in on a lack of translators: “We only have a certain number of them, and if they are all in Iraq, then it’s harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.” The real reason it’s “harder for us to use them” in Afghanistan: Iraqis speak Arabic or Kurdish. The Afghanis speak Pashto, Farsi, or other non-Arabic languages.

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong." - Barack Obama

Old 06-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #83
MTK
\m/

Sorry but Little W will always be the king of the retarded one liners.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #84
Miller101
Special Teams

"There is this saying in Texas and also in Tennessee (retard look)..........I know its in Texas, but it might also be in Tenessee. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice (retard look again).................You're not going to fool me a third time." - George Bush at a Campaign rally in Tenessee.

You know they got these little calendars out there full of "Bushism's". One Bushism for each day. You can try all you want to, but there is only one person that can sell those and it ain't Obama.
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #85
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Have enough courage, and honesty to assess both of the current candidates with the zeal that W seems to attract
........it may be important
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #86
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Have enough courage, and honesty to assess both of the current candidates with the zeal that W seems to attract
........it may be important
Well said
Old 06-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #87
firstdown
Living Legend

I'd like to know whats so off about this statement?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #88
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post

I'd like to know whats so off about this statement?
Because it's a continent, not one nation.