Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Tiger Woods (and PGA)-possible roids/HGH implications?

Other Sports

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Tiger Woods (and PGA)-possible roids/HGH implications?

I ran across this thread over on Extremeskins (place is full of idiots) and this one guy posted this. Of course, I'm taking his commentary with a grain of salt, but are there implications of him using coming out? Seems there could be a big story on the horizon and his old Doc could be spilling the beans. (any news on this Smoot?)

(Rumor) Tiger Woods Is About To Go Down Again, And "Blood Spinning" Is About To Be A New Household Term..

Quote:
It's not a big deal, but I thought people here might get a kick out of knowing Tiger Woods news a few days before it breaks.

I live very close to Tiger, and we know a lot of the same people in our community. Most of the people in this community knew about his affairs for a year or so prior to the national media. Anyway, a new story is rumored to be about to break, and if correct, we'll be pounded over the head with hundreds of hours of television and sports commentary on a new term to most--blood spinning. ESPN has been digging around here lately, and is about to drive the last nail into the Tiger legend.

Here is Wiki's definition of blood spinning:

Blood-spinning is a method used by athletes to shorten the time to heal an injury. Small samples of the athlete's blood are spun in a centrifuge to increase the concentration of growth hormones. Calcium and the enzyme thrombin are added, forming a gel that is high in natural growth hormones. The sample is then injected into the wound, which can then heal as much as five times faster.
Using this procedure can fall foul of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) due to possible non-natural elements introduced into the athlete's body.

So....here is the deal. Blood spinning is very similiar to the blood tranfusions that Lance Armstrong is now accused of taking--but with a twist.

Unbeknownst to most golfing fans, blood spinning was actually legal in the PGA, as long as it was performed by American doctors. Tiger however, foolishly went to a Canadian doctor to have this procedure done. This Canadian doctor has since been found to be a doper--adding illegal things to the blood like HGH. And he's about to roll over on Tiger.

Since these accusations began about Tiger behind closed doors, the PGA has now cracked down on blood spinning. They have now implemented serious drug testing.

Without the benefit of this blood spinning, Tiger can no longer recover from injuries like he could in the past. It's why he is now in a foot/ankle cast because his achilles is toast. It's why he was always in the top 3 in driving distance on the tour, but has now dropped all the way to 61st.

We are witnessing yet another athlete who once used steroids at his absolute prime, now decaying away as his body falls apart. Pretty crazy.
I haven't heard of blood spinning until now. Seems pretty crazy some of the stuff people can do to gain an advantage. I personally believe he's been on something during his PGA run. YOu don't get linked to a well known "athlete doper" Doctor and not be involved. The moment they said Galea was being investigated by FBI over steroid/HGH scandal, I knew he was on something. Let's look at some of Galea's former clients: Bill Romanowski and sprinters Tim Montgomery and Marion Jones. You dont' go to a guy like this for just treatment, you go to him because he's giving you the goods that most doctors wont. Much like all the cyclists used to go to Michele Ferrari for his ability to administer drugs and avoid detection.

THoughts? I know it's just PGA (who cares i know), but it's still slow in terms of the NFL so discuss.

Advertisements
Old 06-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Tiger Woods (and PGA)-possible roids/HGH implications?

Isn't this kind of an old story? I'm not sure what's new
Old 06-26-2011, 02:40 AM   #3
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Isn't this kind of an old story? I'm not sure what's new
Well, I guess the new story that possibly could be hitting is the Doctor actually spilling the beans on him. Right now, everything up until this point had been speculation.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
GMScud
Swearinger

I love how the OP in the Extreme Skins thread throws out that lives in the same neighborhood as Tiger... So what? Pretty sure TW isn't hanging out at community BBQ's. My in-laws live about a 3 minute drive from his place in Windermere, Fl and they've never even caught a glimpse of him.

Can I just take a moment to say how much I loathe Extreme Skins? What an awful mish-mash. I poked around on there for a few minutes after I clicked on the link... It is such an eyesore.

As far as this whole blood doping thing... Tiger probably has more than enough hush money to give this Dr. to prevent him from singing.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #5
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I'm still not sure what exactly is the story here. I'm guessing maybe it's something to do with HGH?

It can't be blood spinning. There's no secret about that. Woods openly admitted to it in his press conference last year prior to the Masters.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm still not sure what exactly is the story here. I'm guessing maybe it's something to do with HGH?

It can't be blood spinning. There's no secret about that. Woods openly admitted to it in his press conference last year prior to the Masters.
I completely forgot about that.

As NC_Skins said in his OP, Extreme Skins is full of idiots. On that note, I'm closing this thread....