Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Will Dan Snyder finally fire Vinny Cerrato

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Will Dan Snyder finally fire Vinny Cerrato

Well with this season being well what it is, one of the very worst starts and if I had to guess probably one of the worst finishes on the horizon.

This as we all know is a crap sandwich from TOP to BOTTOM. With no signs of improvement in the near future, at least this season.

As -RIGGO- laid it down will LINUS FINALLY get rid of the blanket, that being Vinny.

This IMO could be one of the biggest successes of this horrible season if Dan with cut ties with this clown. Hire a qualified VP/GM and let this new hire with a new coaching staff do there jobs. With Dan staying out of the way, and understanding he is just a really big fan with a really big wallet, with ZERO business trying to run the show IF he really cares about the team being a success and his fan base that is not being so loyal at this point. Will OR does he finally get it...? The 1.5 Billion dollar question.

I don't think I'm being to unrealistic with this thinking that even Dan may finally see the light. With this horrible mess that has unfolded. Personally I hope that Vinny is relieved of his duties ASAP, or as soon as the very last game is played this season.

Furthermore, I do believe Dan will make the right move after this disaster. Hire the best football minds to run this organization. I expect to see a completely different team next season from TOP to BOTTOM. Of course excluding Dan, we all know Dan will never fire himself OR sell the Redskins (At least I don't think, as the old saying goes everything is for sale).

Your thoughts.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!

Last edited by skinsfan_nn; 10-29-2009 at 09:54 PM.
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-29-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Re: Will Dan Snyder finally fire Vinny Cerrato

The tea leaves say........yes
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #3
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

I completely agree with you that Snyder is a really big fan with deep pockets.There is no way in hell Snyder will sell the Skins, he loves owning this team. However I also believe he does not like our team being one of the NFL's punching bags, and if we are not careful one of the true laughing stocks of the league. If that does not sink in, if and when revenues begin to sink then surely he will wake up, if not just open one eye.
One way he could do this is get rid of Cerrato and bring in a true football guy, however I am not holding my breath.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #4
backrow
The Starter

Lil Danny Snyder get rid of Look-inna-my-eyz? The two are joined at the .............um............. well let's just say they are joined!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #5
T.A.P.O.A.F.O.R.
Camp Scrub

yeah i think vinny's in trouble too and he'll probably go. but after all this stuff and now the signs... i'm not sure snyder gets it. i don't think he really understands his fans at all. makes me wonder what kinda gm he'll hire, what kind of contract it'll be, and what environment he'll continue to provide. he needs to get it, and right now it seems like he's hunkering down and declaring war.
T.A.P.O.A.F.O.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

The day Danny fires Vinny, I will party like Harvey Keitel in the Bad Lieutenant.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:52 PM   #7
Coff
Impact Rookie

This is a great question, and I think there is no question more pertinent to the Skins' future. But the question is, is there any real reason to think Snyder will get rid of Vinny, I mean, besides the fact that it's beyond disputable that he absolutely should? The question is will he? There are a lot of things that Snyder should do that he won't, and that also is beyond disputable. So why will this be any different? Has anyone heard anything from within the organization that would lead to the conclusion that Vinny's neck is on the line? If not, I think it's pretty safe to assume that he'll be around next year, and that it's as likely he'll get a promotion than he'll get fired.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:58 PM   #8
SkinFanatic
Camp Scrub

I truely believe the only reason for Vinny's position is to be a front man for the Danny to be involved in football operations. He's a yesman...he's Dannys Bi*ch. But Danny is also VERY image conscious. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he has hired some high-priced PR consultant over all this. Once he realizes that people see through the charade, see that the wizard of oz is really the guy behind the curtain, I think he'll get someone who knows football in here. It's been a fantasy team for him up til now, but deep down he's a fan too, as well as a business man. By now he realizes that he's overestimated the loyalty and underestimated the intelligence of his fanbase. And the only way out of this for him now is to bring respect back to the team.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:02 PM   #9
12thMan
MVP

I think an even more pertinent question is, suppose he doesn't fire Vinny? Then what?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:06 PM   #10
Hog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
i think an even more pertinent question is, suppose he doesn't fire vinny? Then what?
stop that!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:06 PM   #11
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think Vinny won't have the same responsibility he currently has with the Redskins, but it's still possible he'll just be re-assigned within the organization.

Can't verify it, but I heard a rumor that Snyder really laid into Vinny a couple of weeks ago about the state of the team and some of Cerrato's decisions. So if that's true, I suppose it's very possible VC gets canned
Old 10-29-2009, 10:06 PM   #12
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
This is a great question, and I think there is no question more pertinent to the Skins' future. But the question is, is there any real reason to think Snyder will get rid of Vinny, I mean, besides the fact that it's beyond disputable that he absolutely should? The question is will he? There are a lot of things that Snyder should do that he won't, and that also is beyond disputable. So why will this be any different? Has anyone heard anything from within the organization that would lead to the conclusion that Vinny's neck is on the line? If not, I think it's pretty safe to assume that he'll be around next year, and that it's as likely he'll get a promotion than he'll get fired.
No due to the fact that we are in the middle of the season and Dan himself has not spoken to many OR ANY MEDIA, which is probably smart. He holds the key and the answers, and I'm sure his mind is already made up. Kind of like it is with Zorn IMO.

But I have read several things that stood out. BMitch after meeting with Dan mentioned that he thought this was the end for Vinny. One other thing I recall reading was that when Zorn was hired, if things did not work VINNY would be held accountable. I think it's fair to say things are not working out.

The interview yesterday with Vinny when he is fumbling words all over the place like he gave Zorn a playoff caliber team to work with...? YES. Was he concerned about his job security, ALWAYS. But I don't worry about those things they will work themselves out in the off season...?

I really think he is done. Dan HAS to be smarter than having this guy around ANY LONGER.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #13
SkinFanatic
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
No due to the fact that we are in the middle of the season and Dan himself has not spoken to many OR ANY MEDIA, which is probably smart. He holds the key and the answers, and I'm sure his mind is already made up. Kind of like it is with Zorn IMO.

But I have read several things that stood out. BMitch after meeting with Dan mentioned that he thought this was the end for Vinny. One other thing I recall reading was that when Zorn was hired, if things did not work VINNY would be held accountable. I think it's fair to say things are not working out.

The interview yesterday with Vinny when he is fumbling words all over the place like he gave Zorn a playoff caliber team to work with...? YES. Was he concerned about his job security, ALWAYS. But I don't worry about those things they will work themselves out in the off season...?

I really think he is done. Dan HAS to be smarter than having this guy around ANY LONGER.

Great observations. I think these are things that really have been giving me the gut feeling that Danny is through with Vinny. It was funny to watch VC bumble through that interview, wasn't it. Guy is clueless!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:15 PM   #14
Hog1

Vinny will get the axe, but as has been pointed out he will probably remain with the club in some capacity......like "Vinnie, get my clubs"
Old 10-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #15
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

If not, im done. Its too hard to see this team going down each year with no end in sight as long as VC is here.