Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

trump Inpeachment...............

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-19-2019, 11:29 AM   #196
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: trump Impeachment...............

Trump's impeachment comes off like a vote of no confidence like that used in European parliaments. But we don't have a mechanism like that so the pols are trying to use impeachment as a stand in. It won't achieve their desired results -Trump's removal- but as G1 said it tarnishes his legacy for historical value.

As long as the country sits at a near 50 50 split, and we get candidates like HC and Trump, we will see more of this from both sides. And both sides media heads will scream why the current case is different from the last one.

I hope everyone will be able to tell their grandchildren what the US was like when we stood united in common purposes. It seems like a fairy tale even now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-19-2019, 11:31 AM   #197
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: trump Inpeachment...............

I'm not sure the Debating With the Enemy forum is successful any longer. Not much intelligence being put forth around here, just a bunch of firing shots. There was a time where I could learn things from reading through these posts but those days are fewer and far between, now.

I continue to be disappointed by our leadership. From all facts gathered from available reporting, and from the behavior of the White House as they sought to cover the tracks following Trump's phone calls with Ukraine, it seems fairly clear that Trump abused his power, using foreign policy to influence foreign governments into taking action to influence a domestic election. Whether Biden is actually guilty of anything is neither here nor there, the President used the State's power to try to influence Ukraine. It's an impeachable offense.

What's so disappointing about Congress is McConnell, and other Senators, saying they're not impartial jurors in this process. McConnell said 'I'm not an impartial juror, this is a political process.' Yet he literally took an oath when he took office in the Senate that reads verbatim:

Quote:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.
And despite swearing that he will uphold the Constitution, which clearly lays out that Senators are to act as impartial jurors during an impeachment adjudication, he says he's not an impartial juror.

It's a microcosm of how polarized and partisan this nation has become. Set aside all duty to the country in the name of party. It's incredibly disappointing.

That all said, Pelosi should know that these impeachment proceedings are never going to result in the necessary 2/3rds vote in the Senate to actually remove Trump from office, and she should know that Trump's media machine will spin the impeachment proceedings as a 'witch hunt', painting Trump as the victim while he's trying to stand up for the everyman in America.

We've got the President breaking laws, we've got the Senate majority leader abandoning his oath of office, and we've got ineptitude at the helm of the other party. It's hard to find a reason to go to the polls to vote in November 2020.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:18 PM   #198
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Trump's impeachment comes off like a vote of no confidence like that used in European parliaments. But we don't have a mechanism like that so the pols are trying to use impeachment as a stand in. It won't achieve their desired results -Trump's removal- but as G1 said it tarnishes his legacy for historical value.

As long as the country sits at a near 50 50 split, and we get candidates like HC and Trump, we will see more of this from both sides. And both sides media heads will scream why the current case is different from the last one.

I hope everyone will be able to tell their grandchildren what the US was like when we stood united in common purposes. It seems like a fairy tale even now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I can't even remember what that was like. My childhood was Clinton being impeached for lying about a blowjob. The closest we came was being united against terrorists after 9/11, but that has faded thanks to the useless war we're still fighting in Afghanistan.

Speaking of I find it incredible how the impeachment has basically covered up the report that just came out detailing the amazingly pervasive corruption in Afghanistan. Every American should be united in how angry they are that we've spent almost a trillion dollars in Afghanistan with nothing to show for it.

Also +1 on another fantastic post Schneed. I agree in that even if Trump loses the White House in 2020, this country is doomed to continue heading down this path.

Also Chico, I agree. Two of the most prudent actions we can take would be eliminating lobbyist influence on Congress and term limits. I think the one thing we could all agree on is term limits for Congress. The problem is Congress has no incentive to vote for term limits on themselves.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:36 PM   #199
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I could care less what you think.

Thanks for proving my point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2019, 12:38 PM   #200
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'm not sure the Debating With the Enemy forum is successful any longer. Not much intelligence being put forth around here, just a bunch of firing shots. There was a time where I could learn things from reading through these posts but those days are fewer and far between, now.

I continue to be disappointed by our leadership. From all facts gathered from available reporting, and from the behavior of the White House as they sought to cover the tracks following Trump's phone calls with Ukraine, it seems fairly clear that Trump abused his power, using foreign policy to influence foreign governments into taking action to influence a domestic election. Whether Biden is actually guilty of anything is neither here nor there, the President used the State's power to try to influence Ukraine. It's an impeachable offense.

What's so disappointing about Congress is McConnell, and other Senators, saying they're not impartial jurors in this process. McConnell said 'I'm not an impartial juror, this is a political process.' Yet he literally took an oath when he took office in the Senate that reads verbatim:

And despite swearing that he will uphold the Constitution, which clearly lays out that Senators are to act as impartial jurors during an impeachment adjudication, he says he's not an impartial juror.

It's a microcosm of how polarized and partisan this nation has become. Set aside all duty to the country in the name of party. It's incredibly disappointing.

That all said, Pelosi should know that these impeachment proceedings are never going to result in the necessary 2/3rds vote in the Senate to actually remove Trump from office, and she should know that Trump's media machine will spin the impeachment proceedings as a 'witch hunt', painting Trump as the victim while he's trying to stand up for the everyman in America.

We've got the President breaking laws, we've got the Senate majority leader abandoning his oath of office, and we've got ineptitude at the helm of the other party. It's hard to find a reason to go to the polls to vote in November 2020.
You get that cool sticker that says "I Voted"

Old 12-19-2019, 01:09 PM   #201
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I can't even remember what that was like. My childhood was Clinton being impeached for lying about a blowjob. The closest we came was being united against terrorists after 9/11, but that has faded thanks to the useless war we're still fighting in Afghanistan.

Speaking of I find it incredible how the impeachment has basically covered up the report that just came out detailing the amazingly pervasive corruption in Afghanistan. Every American should be united in how angry they are that we've spent almost a trillion dollars in Afghanistan with nothing to show for it.

Also +1 on another fantastic post Schneed. I agree in that even if Trump loses the White House in 2020, this country is doomed to continue heading down this path.

Also Chico, I agree. Two of the most prudent actions we can take would be eliminating lobbyist influence on Congress and term limits. I think the one thing we could all agree on is term limits for Congress. The problem is Congress has no incentive to vote for term limits on themselves.
The crime was perjury or lying under oath.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 01:13 PM   #202
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
You get that cool sticker that says "I Voted"

I lol'd
Old 12-19-2019, 01:36 PM   #203
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I simplified it, but if he hadn't been getting head in the WH he wouldn't have been impeached because there would be nothing to lie about.

I guess we hold lying to a different standard now. If Trump isn't lying about the Ukraine, why doesn't he release the verbatim transcript from the classified system it's being held in? Surely that would prove all 8 witnesses wrong.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 11:07 AM   #204
MTK
\m/

Pretty significant when the evangelicals have given up on you

Calling Trump 'Morally Lost,' 'Christianity Today' Editor Calls For Impeachment

lol at Trump's response, what a bozo...

The editorial seems to have infuriated Trump, who attacked Christianity Today on Twitter Friday morning by calling the magazine – which is generally considered to be aimed at moderate and centrist Christian readers – a "far left magazine" that "knows nothing about reading a perfect transcript of a routine phone call."
Old 12-20-2019, 12:22 PM   #205
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
What do you call telling witnesses not to testify or honor subpoenas chico ,curious?
Old 12-20-2019, 12:47 PM   #206
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Pretty significant when the evangelicals have given up on you

Calling Trump 'Morally Lost,' 'Christianity Today' Editor Calls For Impeachment

lol at Trump's response, what a bozo...

The editorial seems to have infuriated Trump, who attacked Christianity Today on Twitter Friday morning by calling the magazine – which is generally considered to be aimed at moderate and centrist Christian readers – a "far left magazine" that "knows nothing about reading a perfect transcript of a routine phone call."
Good for Christianity Today...I know a couple folks who are active in the church who really can’t stand the president, who would be considered conservative and easily vote for a Mark Warner, Tim Kaine and other moderate liberals. I think it’s significant article.

And yeah, Christianity today isn’t left or far left, that’s typical bullshit from Trump.

He Gets Us
Old 12-22-2019, 11:22 PM   #207
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-put...013226793.html

People Can't Believe Trump Thinks Putin's Support In Impeachment Fight Is A Good Thing

President Donald Trump gushed about support in his impeachment battle from someone many Americans might not want anywhere near their corner: Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The autocratic leader linked to murders of journalists and critics isn’t generally regarded in the U.S. as the best judge of justice. Nevertheless, Trump tweeted a news story late Friday about Putin defending the president against impeachment. Trump added his own comment: “A total witch hunt!”

Putin on Thursday insisted that Trump’s impeachment was based on “completely fabricated reasons.” Russian state media followed Putin’s lead.

chico , your guy is a freaking embarrassing!
Old 12-23-2019, 07:00 AM   #208
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-put...013226793.html

People Can't Believe Trump Thinks Putin's Support In Impeachment Fight Is A Good Thing

President Donald Trump gushed about support in his impeachment battle from someone many Americans might not want anywhere near their corner: Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The autocratic leader linked to murders of journalists and critics isn’t generally regarded in the U.S. as the best judge of justice. Nevertheless, Trump tweeted a news story late Friday about Putin defending the president against impeachment. Trump added his own comment: “A total witch hunt!”

Putin on Thursday insisted that Trump’s impeachment was based on “completely fabricated reasons.” Russian state media followed Putin’s lead.

chico , your guy is a freaking embarrassing!
Lol...”my guy”...g1, does he dominate your every thought? Seriously, I worry about you. I hope you didn’t get him anything for Christmas

He Gets Us
Old 12-23-2019, 09:07 AM   #209
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Lol...”my guy”...g1, does he dominate your every thought? Seriously, I worry about you. I hope you didn’t get him anything for Christmas
I believe he thinks about Trump more than the average teenage boy used to think about the first girl he saw naked, back in the day before the internet.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:22 PM   #210
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I believe he thinks about Trump more than the average teenage boy used to think about the first girl he saw naked, back in the day before the internet.
.........well the spin from the two of you is very amusing .So you don't care if trump is Impeached ,right?