Penny Hardaway Coaching Middle School Kids

Other Sports

Old 03-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
jamf
Pro Bowl

Penny Hardaway Coaching Middle School Kids

Ex-NBA star returns to inner city, brings hoop dreams - CNN.com

Great story!
Nice to read about a real man after reading all this BS about Carmelo and DHoward. F...Cry baby athletes.

Not sure what I think about that chin fuzz. I thought they were censoring something in the picture then I realized it's facial hair.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Penny Hardaway Coaching Middle School Kids

LOL. The picture makes it look like they're censoring whatever that's supposed to be on his chin.

It should be noted I wrote that sentence before I read that article.

Now that I've read that article, I would just like to say what an excellent article that is. It's really nice to see a man in Penny's position work hard, have it pay off (although not as much as he'd have liked in the NBA), and then instead of being broke in a couple years, use his money and fame to give back to the community which helped raise him.

I have no doubts that the money he's pouring back into the community through that center he's building will be of great use to the kids he wants to help. And it was really nice to see the team he coached get rewarded like that. It's safe to say Penny is making a big difference in these kids lives, and unlike some other creeps (looking at you Jerry Sandusky) his motivation is pure and simple.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
LOL. The picture makes it look like they're censoring whatever that's supposed to be on his chin.

It should be noted I wrote that sentence before I read that article.

Now that I've read that article, I would just like to say what an excellent article that is. It's really nice to see a man in Penny's position work hard, have it pay off (although not as much as he'd have liked in the NBA), and then instead of being broke in a couple years, use his money and fame to give back to the community which helped raise him.

I have no doubts that the money he's pouring back into the community through that center he's building will be of great use to the kids he wants to help. And it was really nice to see the team he coached get rewarded like that. It's safe to say Penny is making a big difference in these kids lives, and unlike some other creeps (looking at you Jerry Sandusky) his motivation is pure and simple.
Well said.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Great story!
Nice to read about a real man after reading all this BS about Carmelo and DHoward. F...Cry baby athletes.
You know Penny Hardway was one of those crybabies back he was in the league too. Wanted the limelight.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:43 AM   #5
jwmann2
Camp Scrub

R.I.P. Lil' Penny. Best doll of all time, loved to party.
jwmann2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
You know Penny Hardway was one of those crybabies back he was in the league too. Wanted the limelight.
I don't remember that being the case...but I also pretty much don't remember either way.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote