Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

NBA Cancels First Two Weeks of Regular Season

Other Sports

Old 10-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

NBA Cancels First Two Weeks of Regular Season

I'm an NBA fan (and season ticket holder) but a lot of changes need to be made to the way the NBA as a business is run

But frankly I don't really feel like having a discussion on it. What I really want is to discuss this!

Advertisements
Old 10-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: NBA Cancels First Two Weeks of Regular Season

Funny the level of give a sh*t between the NBA lockout and the NFL lockout. NFL felt like Gorbachev and Reagen meeting to discuss world peace in the eighties. The NBA lockout feels like two kids trying to trade a Frank Viola rookie card for a Mookie Wilson rookie card.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Alright! Who knew the real action was behind the camera .

Honestly I'm a little burned out on lockouts right now. I've got the Redskins till January at least, and then after that I've got the Caps till April minimum, and then I've got the Nats again. So I'm not going to be experiencing a lack of sports for a while.

Sure, I'd like to see if the 'Zards new additions and see how J.Wall is coming along in his second year, but at least the players are staying occupied with street leagues and such. And since the 'Zards probably won't be able to contend this season, I'm not upset. I do agree that there needs to be changes to the NBA and how it works, like instituting a hard salary cap, but if it takes a whole season of a lockout for that to happen I'm prepared for it.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Sure, I'd like to see if the 'Zards new additions and see how J.Wall is coming along in his second year, but at least the players are staying occupied with street leagues and such. And since the 'Zards probably won't be able to contend this season, I'm not upset. I do agree that there needs to be changes to the NBA and how it works, like instituting a hard salary cap, but if it takes a whole season of a lockout for that to happen I'm prepared for it.
I totally agree re: Wiz. I think Leonsis knew this lockout was coming and wouldn't end for a while. If the league had to have one, it couldn't have worked out better for the young guys.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm an NBA fan (and season ticket holder) but a lot of changes need to be made to the way the NBA as a business is run

But frankly I don't really feel like having a discussion on it. What I really want is to discuss this!

"This is how Hunter and Stern should decide it." Lulz

Actually a bit impressed at how composed both guys were while semi-fighting and posturing. Most street fights end up on the ground, if one person doesn't get knocked out.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #6
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Honestly, the NBA could completely cease to exist and I wouldn't care in the slightest. Actually, the only sport I follow with any sort of regularity is pro football. I catch premier league, la liga, bundesliga when I can... but I can't stand basketball.

Regarding the street "fight." Weak sauce. If you care enough to get in a fight, care enough to commit to the damn thing.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote