The Good News Thread

Parking Lot

Old 06-15-2024, 04:15 AM   #526
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Good News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well had a real scare a few days ago. Had a stroke and suffered actually 4 different strokes. Totally dodged a bullet. Day 7 have moved into the rehab of floor and off the stroke wing. Other than some numbness on my right side it hadn’t affected of my swallowing or my breathing or any number of important areas. My speech went from an inability to remember my wife or daughters names to a few days later and able to actually text this and form a coherent paragraph. I consider myself so lucky today and got a new lease on life. It could have been so bad. Hug your friends. Hug your families. Enjoy every minute of your lifes. You only get 1.
Good to hear you're doing better. Sounds like you had a good group taking care of you, listen to them! Prayers coming your way!

Advertisements
Old 06-15-2024, 11:43 AM   #527
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well had a real scare a few days ago. Had a stroke and suffered actually 4 different strokes. Totally dodged a bullet. Day 7 have moved into the rehab of floor and off the stroke wing. Other than some numbness on my right side it hadn’t affected of my swallowing or my breathing or any number of important areas. My speech went from an inability to remember my wife or daughters names to a few days later and able to actually text this and form a coherent paragraph. I consider myself so lucky today and got a new lease on life. It could have been so bad. Hug your friends. Hug your families. Enjoy every minute of your lifes. You only get 1.
Punch, fuck man! Goodness glad you are on your way to recovery!

You are lucky and blessed brother! Glad you are surrounded by fam and doing better.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 11:43 AM   #528
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Damn, that is really scary. Do they have any idea on what might have caused it and what you can do to avoid them in the future?

Glad your recovery is going well. Definitely very scary stuff. Get well my man!
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 01:27 PM   #529
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
wow glad you are still here!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 05:04 PM   #530
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Shit bro that’s scary, so glad to hear you’re doing ok, keep us updated
Old 06-16-2024, 01:19 PM   #531
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Thank u guys so much. Im all in for Week 1! Lol.

The numbness is going away. Tests are rolling in
So everything is negative so far. No hole in the heart. Nothing really wrong with the heart. Not sure why it happened. I definitely need some diet changes. I will never smoke again, but thats a no brainer. Bad cholesterol needs to come down. I really dodged a bullet. Could have really been much worse. Strangest experience of my life. To go from
not able to remember my Wifes name just a few days ago and watch the brain start working again. The dead spots in my brain are in the way so my brain is figuring out how to re- wire its self. It is really fascinating shit actually.

One word of advice if you have a stroke, put ur phones down until u are less confused. You send some really confusing stuff to people even though you think ur making sense. Also
Real bad idea to mess around with ur bank accounts and bills - ya will have time to work it all out later. Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 07:15 PM   #532
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Glad you have your sense of humor. I hope the doctors and/or tests can provide some sort of checklist to put you in the best position to not have to go through this again any time soon.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 09:07 PM   #533
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Glad you have your sense of humor. I hope the doctors and/or tests can provide some sort of checklist to put you in the best position to not have to go through this again any time soon.

SD my wife was always telling me to eat better, exercise more, stop drinking n smoking. I thought i was invincible.

She won. Lol. I got a second chance and Im
Going to do my best.

Im excited to get out of here and start living right. Gotta have ur sense of humor. Thanks for the concern. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 07:06 PM   #534
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Thank u guys so much. Im all in for Week 1! Lol.

The numbness is going away. Tests are rolling in
So everything is negative so far. No hole in the heart. Nothing really wrong with the heart. Not sure why it happened. I definitely need some diet changes. I will never smoke again, but thats a no brainer. Bad cholesterol needs to come down. I really dodged a bullet. Could have really been much worse. Strangest experience of my life. To go from
not able to remember my Wifes name just a few days ago and watch the brain start working again. The dead spots in my brain are in the way so my brain is figuring out how to re- wire its self. It is really fascinating shit actually.

One word of advice if you have a stroke, put ur phones down until u are less confused. You send some really confusing stuff to people even though you think ur making sense. Also
Real bad idea to mess around with ur bank accounts and bills - ya will have time to work it all out later. Lol.
It's a good sign if your sense of humor is unaffected. Glad to hear you pulled through it Punch - glad to hear you're gonna take advantage of this opportunity because some aren't so lucky. Keep us updated - hope it's a quick return to normalcy for you.
Old 06-24-2024, 07:57 PM   #535
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
SD my wife was always telling me to eat better, exercise more, stop drinking n smoking. I thought i was invincible.

She won. Lol. I got a second chance and Im
Going to do my best.

Im excited to get out of here and start living right. Gotta have ur sense of humor. Thanks for the concern. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
LOL, I'm sure your Wife will remind you of that every day. Take one day at a time...........baby steps first.
Old 06-25-2024, 07:45 AM   #536
mredskins
Gamebreaker

i totally missed this, punch glad to hear you are doing better!!! Scary shit!