Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Real Estate Agent: What should I expect?

Parking Lot

Old 05-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #31
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: Real Estate Agent: What should I expect?

Interesting about the 45 day thing. We're just leaving it where it is for now and just wait out our agent's contract and do what mredskins suggested and take it off the market for a little bit. We're going out tonight to take new photos (since it's currently empty).

Advertisements
Old 05-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #32
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Interesting about the 45 day thing. We're just leaving it where it is for now and just wait out our agent's contract and do what mredskins suggested and take it off the market for a little bit. We're going out tonight to take new photos (since it's currently empty).
Really a good agent will either take the pics themselves or have a professional come in. Then evaluate which best showcase your property. You are doing their job by taking photos and quit honestly you are not qualified to get the best photos.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #33
FRPLG
MVP

There are pros and cons to empty photos. Empty usually makes a place look smaller. Furnished is preferable, especially if furnished somewhat attractively. Yours looks nice and cared for...I wouldn't switch to empty photos.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #34
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
There are pros and cons to empty photos. Empty usually makes a place look smaller. Furnished is preferable, especially if furnished somewhat attractively. Yours looks nice and cared for...I wouldn't switch to empty photos.
I tend to agree but I let his new listing agent decide.

A empty house says to me desperate seller.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #35
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Really a good agent will either take the pics themselves or have a professional come in. Then evaluate which best showcase your property. You are doing their job by taking photos and quit honestly you are not qualified to get the best photos.
yes, our agents are having a professional photographer come with them. they were supposed to do it last wednesday but came to the house, looked around, gave us a list of things to correct/do and rescheduled.

malcom - our contract contained a provision were either party could terminate at any time in writing. with our listing, i really wanted to list for the 290's but the agent went into great lengths about pricing it just right so it gets a ton of showings in the first couple weeks, then a couple competing bids come in. so at 284 i will get my money back.
we live in the city so it is a hot market comparatively.

my next home is going to be in the suburds somewhere. trying to raise a kid in the city, in a rowhome is not easy.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #36
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post

ppl will still get to see the "total time on market" even if you pull it and then re-list it.

what about a "pocket listing" were it isnt technicaly on the market but your agent is contacting other agents? (i never know when to use where v were).
Old 05-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #37
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
i liked your photos as well. i thought your house showed well on the website. i kinda want to buy it if it was in MD somewhere.

maybe a few too many clothes hanging in the closet. i literally have 3 days worth of clothes in my rotation right now and we just plan on doing laundry every day. . .
Old 05-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #38
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
ppl will still get to see the "total time on market" even if you pull it and then re-list it.

what about a "pocket listing" were it isnt technicaly on the market but your agent is contacting other agents? (i never know when to use where v were).
Not necessarily there is a point where it is refreshed and you have to come in with a different asking price.

They can definitely alter the Days on Market number.