Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How would you feel if Shanahan benches RGIII?

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

How would you feel if Shanahan benches RGIII?

I would have no problem with it because we're out of the playoffs, it would protect RGIII from further injury, and Cousins could use the work.

Advertisements
Old 12-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: How would you feel if Shanahan benches RGIII?

It would give a chance to showcase Cousins whether it's good or bad.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

If he is your QB going forward then he needs to play out the season. You can't just sit him because NOW you are worried he may get hurt or aggravate the injury. If that was the case, he shouldn't have been playing at all this year. RGIII is the one that needs the work. Time under center will benefit him in the long run, not time on the bench.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

To me its accessing blame to someone who is not to blame at all. How about play some young guys to turn it around and stick with your leader. Its irresponsible and detrimental to the psyche of the team going into the offseason imo.

He Gets Us
Old 12-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

Let's call it what is really is, a BS move on Shanny's part to further tick off Snyder. This is Shanny's version of the swinging gate play.

He's not concerned with RG's health, otherwise why trot him out there on a snowy and sloppy field last week? Why didn't he have him sit out the first few games of the season? And why aren't other key players getting sat down to protect them as well?

Calling it anything other than a power play is just naive.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

It doesn't really matter to me as we're already in 3 ring circus mode, but if you're going to sit RG3, you need to sit some of the other vets as well (less Alfmo more Helu, more Lance Lewis and Nick Williams, more Amerson and Minnifield, etc).

Just sitting RG3 and no one else is really just throwing fuel on the "Shanahan has a vendetta" fire.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Let's call it what is really is, a BS move on Shanny's part to further tick off Snyder. This is Shanny's version of the swinging gate play.

He's not concerned with RG's health, otherwise why trot him out there on a snowy and sloppy field last week? Why didn't he have him sit out the first few games of the season? And why aren't other key players getting sat down to protect them as well?

THIS. If it were not for THIS; I'd be 100% in favor of it.

I still am in favor with the idea of it. Not that its RG3's fault, but I've said since it was obvious we were gonna suck; I'd let Cousins go to be sure RG3 is healthy and try to drive his stock up and trade him. Maybe he sucks and it goes down; but I don't know what the market would really be for the guy.

I cannot wait for December 30th, this season to be over and Shanahan to be gone.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #8
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Right, and if he sits him he should be fired...which is probably what he wants at this point anyway. Let him go and he can take all three coordinators with him.

Hard for me to believe this is where we are right now considering the optimism I had about 33 months ago.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:

Right. To me its a fireable offense. For cause.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #10
FRPLG
MVP

Snyder should formally forbid it for anything other than a true injury and dare him to do it. Then fire him if he does for cause plain and simple.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
skinsfan69
Living Legend

How many games have we gone quarter after quarter w/out scoring any points? W/out getting first downs? Some of these sacks are on the QB for holding the ball and scrambling around when he gets off his first read. What about that pathetic INT last week? Or throwing balls over the heads of wr's? Whatever the reason is for benching RG3, it needs to be done. MS is flat out liar. So what? All NFL coaches lie. Gibbs lied all the time. I just hope he sits Polumbus, Fletcher and a few more.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #12
FRPLG
MVP

You don't sit him even though is playing pretty terribly. Can anyone say he's been put in the best position this year to succeed? The OLine has given basically zero pocket all year. His WRs don't win battles. And they only thing good got hurt(Reed). How does putting Cousins in that any better? Reorganize on offense, go back to square one, try to protect him and let him try and get some confidence back. Benching him only makes a bad situation even worse. And benching him isn't about protecting him anyways...its a ploy. A shameless ploy at that.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #13
mbedner3420
The Starter

All this will do is hurt Cousin's future trade value, which is partially intentional as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #14
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
All this will do is hurt Cousin's future trade value, which is partially intentional as far as I'm concerned.
I agree that it will hurt Cousins' trade value. RGIII can at least escape when the line folds, Cousins will just end up taking sack fumbles and looking like a turnover-prone ninny muggins.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I agree that it will hurt Cousins' trade value. RGIII can at least escape when the line folds, Cousins will just end up taking sack fumbles and looking like a turnover-prone ninny muggins.
Or he might not hold the ball, get it out quicker and take less sacks.
Closed Thread