Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Washington Redskins Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan To Host Youth Football Camp

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
MTK
\m/

Washington Redskins Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan To Host Youth Football Camp

Fairfax, VA., April 15, 2013 – Washington Redskins Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, and members of the Redskins are scheduled to attend a football camp this summer for newcomer and seasoned players alike to learn individual and team techniques on both offense and defensive positions at the Brian Orakpo Football Camp held on July 16th-19th.

The football camp, offering both overnight and day camp options, will be held at George Mason University and will feature Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan. The camp is designed for players ages 7 to 18 and will feature daily instruction, lectures, and demonstrations by Orakpo, Kerrigan, and members of the Washington Redskins. The college and high school coaches on staff will ensure each practice will be filled with in-depth instruction, lectures, and demonstrations. Campers will be grouped by age, position, ability and experience to allow coaches to progressively teach basic and advanced techniques to best benefit each group.

“The instruction these kids get from the coaches, as well as the various NFL players that attend this camp, is invaluable,” says Orakpo.

All football beginners and experienced players are welcome and will experience teamwork, consideration of others, self-discipline, and how to attain their potential in sports and in life. Players also learn the importance of achieving good grades and selecting correct role models.*Even though this is not an “autograph camp,” members of the Redskins will be available for autographs.

Brian Orakpo was selected to the 2010 Pro Bowl, one of only 6 rookies to do so. He also became the first rookie Redskin to make the Pro Bowl since Tom Green in 1978. He finished his NFL season with 50 total tackles and 11.0 sacks, matching Andre Carter for the team lead. In the 2010 campaign, he led all Redskins with 8.5 sacks and made it to his second straight Pro Bowl. Orakpo is ranked seventh on the Redskins all-time list with 29.5 sacks.

Kerrigan finished the 2012 regular season with 54 tackles, a team high 8.5 sacks, two forced fumbles, a fumble recovery, and an interception he returned 28 yards for a touchdown in Week 5 versus the Atlanta Falcons.

Obtain more information and request a camp brochure that includes an application by calling 301-575-9400, or by visiting www.footballcamps.com. Space in the football camp is limited and registrations will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.

Advertisements
Old 04-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Washington Redskins Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan To Host Youth Football Camp

Man! Either my 5 YO needs to pretend to be 7 or I need to pass as 18.

Lucky kids!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
SirLK26
The Starter

Re: Washington Redskins Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan To Host Youth Football Camp

Hopefully a lot of kids take advantage of this. Great opportunity.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Hopefully a lot of kids take advantage of this. Great opportunity.
Agreed! This is such a cool opportunity for those kids.

Some of my best Redskins-related memories are from I went to Art Monk's football camp at McDaniel College (it was called Western Maryland College at the time) back in '91 & '92. Obviously that was an amazing time to be a Skins fan, so it made it extra cool that we got to meet guys like Monk, Green, Mann, Clark, Byner, etc.; I just wish I had been a little older then so I could have appreciated it even more.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
firstdown
Living Legend

I hope they don't get injured.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote