Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

F... Hotels

Parking Lot

Old 04-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

F... Hotels

I stayed at a hotel this weekend while I was in NC (A budget hotel, that I'll let remain anonymous) and I left a t-shirt there. That was on Sunday.

Here it is Tuesday and I'm realizing I don't have the shirt. Called the hotel and they didn't have a log of the shirt being left. I don't have it. My friend doesn't have it. So it was obviously left at the hotel and one of the housekeepers snagged it.

It was a favorite of mine and I'm on a budget, so I'm royally pissed.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: F... Hotels

Yeah I hear ya, I've had some bad experiences at hotels. I stayed at a cheap hotel in Norfolk a couple years ago, left a pillow in there that I brought from home (decent pillow, one of those strong ones that costs $$), and I was about 2 hours from Norfolk on my way back to NoVa when I realized I forgot it, so my friend called the hotel and they denied it being left behind. I make it a point to sweep the room one last time before I leave nowadays.

I did post in here about a month ago about the room me and a couple friends booked in WV for a weekend snowboarding trip that got cancelled, and the hotel didn't issue refunds so we were concerned about getting our money back, but my friend called his bank and disputed the charge so the bank took it off his account, so it wasn't a big hassle. Either way I'm sure we have plenty of members here that can recount plenty of bad experiences with hotels.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I stayed at a hotel this weekend while I was in NC (A budget hotel, that I'll let remain anonymous) and I left a t-shirt there. That was on Sunday.

Here it is Tuesday and I'm realizing I don't have the shirt. Called the hotel and they didn't have a log of the shirt being left. I don't have it. My friend doesn't have it. So it was obviously left at the hotel and one of the housekeepers snagged it.

It was a favorite of mine and I'm on a budget, so I'm royally pissed.
start camping

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:48 AM   #4
VegasSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

I travel a ton and always make sure to not leave anything. That said, if I ever forget to pack anything I just ask the person at the desk if they have anything in lost and found. They typically have almost any phone charger you could think of.
VegasSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

I hate hotels that have those big soft beds, the ones that give you a back problem after one night. I need to start bringing my own pillow too.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
Monkeydad
Living Legend

I worked in a Hampton Inn through college and we had a log of lost and found crap and kept it in the room with our servers behind the desk. We also required signatures to pick the stuff up.

Sounds like you just chose a bad chain or fell victim to a dishonest employee. They probably did swipe it.

Hope it wasn't a Skins shirt. Sorry for your loss.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
firstdown
Living Legend

I figured this thread was going to be about bed bugs. The last thing I do when leaving a Hotel, Motel or Holiday Inn is to make a sweap around the room.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I worked in a Hampton Inn through college and we had a log of lost and found crap and kept it in the room with our servers behind the desk. We also required signatures to pick the stuff up.

Sounds like you just chose a bad chain or fell victim to a dishonest employee. They probably did swipe it.

Hope it wasn't a Skins shirt. Sorry for your loss.
This.

Housekeepers always get blamed and it is ashamed. The majority I have meet and I have meet plenty are very honest. Most are not going to jeopardize their jobs for a say a t-shirt.

D-Rave a lot of times with clothes being left behind is they get caught up in the dirty laundry (bed sheets, pillow cases, towels, etc..). Once it is in that pile forget it all that gets picked up by house men and dragged to laundry. IF you are at a big or even decent size hotel you will literally see mountains of laundry that need to be sorted through. They will eventually come by your shirt but they will have no idea where it came from.

Once you leave your room and check out it is cleaned at a break neck speed to be ready for the next guest.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
Monkeydad
Living Legend

^great post

Tell them now to have housekeeping note it and if they do find it in the laundry as mredskins said, they'll be able to match it up to the lost-and-found log and contact you.

Check back in a week or two to see if it turned up.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #10
los panda
Pro Bowl

hit 'em up on yelp and any other site that lets you write a review. i don't think i've ever had a bad experience in a hotel. just deceived in albuquerque because every little thing was extra ($10 for wifi), there was no microwave or fridge. really just needed a place to sleep on our way from md to ca, wasn't really pissed.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
MTK
\m/

Getting charged for wi-fi really irks me
Old 04-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #12
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Getting charged for wi-fi really irks me
It is very annoying. I was in Kansas City for a conference, and the hotel I stayed in charged for Wi-Fi. For a few hours though, I was able to log in to the Wi-Fi network of another hotel that was across the street.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #13
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
^great post

Tell them now to have housekeeping note it and if they do find it in the laundry as mredskins said, they'll be able to match it up to the lost-and-found log and contact you.

Check back in a week or two to see if it turned up.
Sounds like a plan. I figured after 3 days it'd be enough time.. But maybe not. Can't hurt to call again next week.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #14
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Sounds like a plan. I figured after 3 days it'd be enough time.. But maybe not. Can't hurt to call again next week.
See, now don't F hotels, just F in them.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #15
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
This.

Housekeepers always get blamed and it is ashamed. The majority I have meet and I have meet plenty are very honest. Most are not going to jeopardize their jobs for a say a t-shirt.

D-Rave a lot of times with clothes being left behind is they get caught up in the dirty laundry (bed sheets, pillow cases, towels, etc..). Once it is in that pile forget it all that gets picked up by house men and dragged to laundry. IF you are at a big or even decent size hotel you will literally see mountains of laundry that need to be sorted through. They will eventually come by your shirt but they will have no idea where it came from.

Once you leave your room and check out it is cleaned at a break neck speed to be ready for the next guest.
So just by meeting a housekeeper you can tell if they are honest. Your Good.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote