Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
Rainy Parade
Special Teams

how and why the Raiders will make the playoffs

ok, might make the playoffs.

or could make the playoffs....

either way, check out my new NFL column
and feel free to pass the link along to any Raider-fan friends you might have.

thanks!
Rainy Parade is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: how and why the Raiders will make the playoffs

It doesn't surprise me with the amount of talent that team has, especially on Defense. Last year they beat some pretty good teams like Philly and Pittsburgh.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
johno
Impact Rookie

not to be a jerk, but this isnt a raiders forum. i dont particularly care if the raiders turn it around or not.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

the skins had plenty of talent on the team two years ago and, after a strong start, finished 8-8. why? coaching. The raiders are a joke across the board when it comes to coaching and they wont be making the playoffs any time soon.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
not to be a jerk, but this isnt a raiders forum. i dont particularly care if the raiders turn it around or not.

I'd agree. Jason Campbell was the obvious link between the two franchises so it was nice to do the good news bad news thing, but beyond that, I don't so much care about the Raiders.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #6
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I like your writing Rainy, but voluntary mod camp ended for me yesterday (thank you very much Dreamseatfan!), so it's time to re-inforce this rule

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...-bloggers.html

Thread locked
Old 05-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

I'm re-opening the thread. Rainy you're good, it's the people that come in only to promote their blogs that the rule is intended for. But going forward I would suggest promoting only Redskins related articles to get a better response from folks here. Thanks
Old 05-13-2010, 08:39 AM   #8
Rainy Parade
Special Teams

thanks Matty! it got locked before i could tell you and Smoot that i actually didn't know about that rule he linked to. and i usually write one Redskins column each week, so i'll stick to that one as far as posting new threads here.

Quote:
i hear you, but this forum is "Redskins and General NFL Discussion" so feel free not to click on threads about Rothlisburger, Lawrence Taylor, Tebow's jersey, and the Raiders playoff chances. if there was a seperate "general NFL" forum I would have posted it there.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm re-opening the thread. Rainy you're good, it's the people that come in only to promote their blogs that the rule is intended for. But going forward I would suggest promoting only Redskins related articles to get a better response from folks here. Thanks
D*** next time maybe SmootSmack will think twice before not showing up for voluntary Mod camp!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #10
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
DITTO!

I'm looking at the title thread wondering why on earth do we give a rats patooy and then I saw who started the thread. My next question is, is there not a Raiders board he can play on? Some one should pull his starting of new threads abilities. I'm not trying to be a jerk but if it pertains to the Skins I guess it's ok, but if it's talking about Raiders .... who cares.

I'm betting the theory is we as Redskin fans would be still interested in what's being said about JC.
#1- JC has moved on and so have I.
#2- I'm betting there was just some itsy bitsy half sentence about JC and the whole article was about all the other players. So again why would we care?

and.... not to toot my own horn, I've been a member for a while and have posted many of comments, but as of yet even being a Redskin fan on a Redskin board I have not once felt the need to make a new thread. It amazes me that fans of other teams feel the need to show up and start one every other day.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #11
GTripp0012
Living Legend

It's tough to make the playoffs in the AFC, with basically every division being like the NFC East in competitiveness every year.

The Bengals, Jags, and Dolphins have crashed the playoff party in the last three years, so certainly, it wouldn't be impossible for the Raiders to do it, but:

1) The Bengals needed to go 6-0 in the division to make it last year
2) The Dolphins needed to get 11 wins to make the playoffs against a soft schedule, and couldn't have done it without Brady's injury
3) The Jaguars' starting QB threw 3 INTs in 13 games in 2007.

If you're into such stats, the average team DVOA of these three teams was only 6.3%, or somewhere between the 2007 Redskins and the 2008 Redskins. So it's certainly possible. But as the Raiders have been the second worst team in football over the last three years, a playoff berth would require both a significant improvement (which is probably coming), and something terrible to happen to Philip Rivers, which may or may not be coming.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #12
Rainy Parade
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
DITTO!

I'm looking at the title thread wondering why on earth do we give a rats patooy and then I saw who started the thread. My next question is, is there not a Raiders board he can play on? Some one should pull his starting of new threads abilities. I'm not trying to be a jerk but if it pertains to the Skins I guess it's ok, but if it's talking about Raiders .... who cares.

I'm betting the theory is we as Redskin fans would be still interested in what's being said about JC.
#1- JC has moved on and so have I.
#2- I'm betting there was just some itsy bitsy half sentence about JC and the whole article was about all the other players. So again why would we care?

and.... not to toot my own horn, I've been a member for a while and have posted many of comments, but as of yet even being a Redskin fan on a Redskin board I have not once felt the need to make a new thread. It amazes me that fans of other teams feel the need to show up and start one every other day.

wow, that was a little harsh. pull my thread starting priviledges? let's leave that one up to Matty.

also, i'm a redskins fan who happens to be a writer. that website has asked me to write bout the Raiders (in addition to weekly columns on the redskins). is that okay?

also, if you've never started a thread.... fine. to each his own. if you have a personal problem with me, also fine, i guess. but as i said, there's plenty of general nfl stuff on this board. if you only want to read the Redskins stuff, that's cool. no one's forcing you to click on threads you dont care about.

you might not have been trying to be a jerk, but you sure came off as one.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #13
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Parade View Post
i hear you, but this forum is "Redskins and General NFL Discussion" so feel free not to click on threads about Rothlisburger, Lawrence Taylor, Tebow's jersey, and the Raiders playoff chances. if there was a seperate "general NFL" forum I would have posted it there.
Disregard the armchair mods. A lot of folks don't seem to realize we talk Skins and anything related to the NFL in this forum.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #14
Rainy Parade
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
It's tough to make the playoffs in the AFC, with basically every division being like the NFC East in competitiveness every year.

The Bengals, Jags, and Dolphins have crashed the playoff party in the last three years, so certainly, it wouldn't be impossible for the Raiders to do it, but:

1) The Bengals needed to go 6-0 in the division to make it last year
2) The Dolphins needed to get 11 wins to make the playoffs against a soft schedule, and couldn't have done it without Brady's injury
3) The Jaguars' starting QB threw 3 INTs in 13 games in 2007.

If you're into such stats, the average team DVOA of these three teams was only 6.3%, or somewhere between the 2007 Redskins and the 2008 Redskins. So it's certainly possible. But as the Raiders have been the second worst team in football over the last three years, a playoff berth would require both a significant improvement (which is probably coming), and something terrible to happen to Philip Rivers, which may or may not be coming.

great points, it would certainly be a challenge and a suprising result if it happened this year.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #15
skinsfan69
Living Legend

They would have to win the division. No way do they make it as a wild card. San Diego still has to be the favorite but after that I don't think there is a big gap bewtween Oak, Denver and KC.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote