Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Bret "The Hitman" Hart returns to WWE after 12 years; may wrestle at WM 26

Other Sports

Old 01-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Bret "The Hitman" Hart returns to WWE after 12 years; may wrestle at WM 26

Just wanted to post something to any wrestling fans.

if you watch WWE then you are aware of Bret "The Hitman" Hart returning to the WWE last night on Monday Night Raw. Bret got in the ring for the first time in almost 13 years, (legitimatley) buried the hatched with Shawn Michaels, and then confronted old nemesis Vince McMahon, only to be kicked in the balls by Vince at the end of the show.

Wanted to point this out because it's Huge for the wrestling world. Bret Hart is 52 years old, in great shape physically, fully recovered from a stroke he had in 2002, and is reportedly going to wrestle again at WM 26. Bret retired in 2000 with Post-Concussion Syndrome, but it's presumed that he has healed with time and rest.

No way they did that angle last night without Bret wrestling at least one more time. I hope he gets the itch and becomes a regular performer again.

Advertisements
Old 01-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Re: Bret "The Hitman" Hart returns to WWE after 12 years; may wrestle at WM 26

I should have never clicked on this thread. I put Raw on my dvr last night because I knew I wouldn't be able to stay up to watch it with my crazy work schedule. I plan on watching it sometime tonight. BH was my brothers favorite wrestler when we were kids. I don't watch it near as much as I used to but I try to keep up with what is happening. I switched recently to cable and have fallen in love with WWE on demand. That shit is great. Saturday morning I watched the 2000 Royal Rumble. Cactus Jack and Triple H in a street fight. HHH pedigreed CJ onto thumb tacks. He was one crazy mofo. Last week I watched this years Summer Slam. Check out WWE on demand if you like that kind of stuff. IMO its kinda cool to watch some of the old matches they have on there.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
Nomad

WOW, thats good news, I guess, I mean Brett is 52, I use to be a bigtime wrestling fan, but these new wrestlers, don't have anything on the Stone Cold Steve Austin's, The Rock, NWO...... Sting, Goldberg..... I think it's a bad Idea for man who recovered from a stroke to get back in the ring, just to be hit across the head with some chairs....... Wrestling isn't what it use to be........ and Vince McMahon needs to just go away.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I've pondered alot about the possibility of Bret wrestling again. I think Bret's interest in it has increased alot since 2005 ever since Kurt Angle asked him to wrestle him at wrestlemania.

You never say never in the wrestling business. Guys have came back from way worse. Look at Tedy Bruschi...he had a stroke worse than Hart's and he came back and won his starting job again.

Bret was in great shape last night. He looked just like the Bret Hart of old. Plus he had a new ring jacket made...and WWE.com are already selling brand new Bret Hart T-Shirts...that seems like a lot of promotion for a man who won't wrestle again.

Rumor says he's signed a 6 month contract....so that's a long time to just be a mouthpiece or TV figure....
Old 01-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

I'll get excited when Randy The Ram Robinson takes on The Ayatollah in a no holds barred steel cage match.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
dmek25
MVP

TNA is really giving WWE a run for their money. last night they had Hogan, Flair, Nash, Hull, X-Pac all as part of their show. with Bischoff calling the shots. somebody has some serious money to assemble of of those guys
Old 01-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
TNA is really giving WWE a run for their money. last night they had Hogan, Flair, Nash, Hull, X-Pac all as part of their show. with Bischoff calling the shots. somebody has some serious money to assemble of of those guys
So TNA is WCW circa 1997?
Old 01-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #8
dmek25
MVP

yup, pretty much. i just hope they bring back the NWO. that was as good as it gets as far as wrestling schtick
Old 01-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #9
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
Yeah Ted Turner. They're firing up the way back machine big time.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #10
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I'll get excited when Randy The Ram Robinson takes on The Ayatollah in a no holds barred steel cage match.
This scenario reminded me of "The Wrestler" too. You can only wonder if he is actually making the right decision.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #11
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

whats kind of odd is that both promotions, WWE, and TNA's success at this point depends on wrestlers who are 50+ years old and hasn't reguarly wrestled in years. Hogan has been more active than Bret, who hasn't wrestled at all in 11 years, since the 1999 concussion that ended his career.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #12
firstdown
Living Legend

You guys do know this is fake I hope.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #13
KLHJ2
Inactive

I don't think that fake is the appropriate word. For years I called it fake and Wrestling enthusiasts would always get pissed. I could never understand why. After some deep thought on the subject I have come to realize that while the matches may be "staged" the physical participation and some of the physical punishment are not fake.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #14
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

I caught the tail end of Raw last night, but missed out on TNA. I usually keep up with WWE and TNA via Home « Online World of Wrestling and http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/. If Bret does wrestle, it'll be against Vince and it won't be much of a match wrestling-wise. Ultimately, Bret will get the last word in on Vince and he'll be able to leave WWE in April with the closure he's been seeking for 12 years. And honestly, the only reason Vince is even agreeing to this is to keep his ratings from slipping away to TNA.

As far as Hogan and his boys go at TNA, I hope it's not for the quick pay day and that they are there to push the younger guys and actually build something to knock WWE off the top of the heap. Hogan seems to have a chip on his shoulder regarding Vince (again) and hopefully he can curb that and use the talent on TNA to build something awesome.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #15
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

The outcomes are pre-determined, but the physicality is most definatley real. Look up Mick Foley for a prime example.

Next to Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart is the greatest performer of the 20th century, and maybe now, the 21st century. He's had 11 years to heal. He's been working out lately, doing some light wrestling to kind of "test the waters". I sense that Hart will wrestle again....