Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Quarterback

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-22-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quarterback

Ok...so before you roll your eyes thinking this is another bash Campbell thread, just wait....with the imminent changes that are about to take place in this offseason, it's only natural to consider the most important position on the field. As of now, Campbell will be a restricted free agent after this year. If someone like the Browns or Rams or Raiders offer him a decent contract, do you think Bruce Allen has seen enough to match it? I think we all know Danny's view on Campbell.

Or would you be willing to roll the dice with drafting one of the qb's in the draft and starting with him, OR having him back up and let Collins be the starter until the rookie seems ready. Collins has always come in and looked good off the bench, but could he be our Kurt Warner? Or Rich Gannon??

Is there still any hope of Colt Brennan?
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
53Fan
Franchise Player

Re: Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
Ok...so before you roll your eyes thinking this is another bash Campbell thread, just wait....with the imminent changes that are about to take place in this offseason, it's only natural to consider the most important position on the field. As of now, Campbell will be a restricted free agent after this year. If someone like the Browns or Rams or Raiders offer him a decent contract, do you think Bruce Allen has seen enough to match it? I think we all know Danny's view on Campbell.

Or would you be willing to roll the dice with drafting one of the qb's in the draft and starting with him, OR having him back up and let Collins be the starter until the rookie seems ready. Collins has always come in and looked good off the bench, but could he be our Kurt Warner? Or Rich Gannon??

I think we should keep JC, but I wouldn't blame him one bit for walking if he's able to. I really, really hope Bruce Allen changes the way things are done around here.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
As of now, Campbell will be a restricted free agent after this year. If someone like the Browns or Rams or Raiders offer him a decent contract, do you think Bruce Allen has seen enough to match it? I think we all know Danny's view on Campbell.

He is not our "franchise QB". Once we have another option locked up or get good value for him, he's gone. If we're unsuccessful in either of the above options, he'll stay on a 1-2 year deal until we find his replacement.

EDIT: P Jesus....no hope.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:17 AM   #4
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

As I stated earlier We will sign a tender on Campbell maybe for a 1st and 3rd if a team takes a chance on that they can have him. Otherwise he holding the spot for Bradford
Old 12-23-2009, 12:21 AM   #5
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

IMO Bruce probably saw enough last night to decide we need a o-line in the worst way. Honestly i have no clue about JC love him his class, courage, commitment to the team. But i do know Breannan is not a Shanny WCO kind of guy not big, doesn't have a cannon arm & he is Zorn's project. After that fake fg try last night everything Zorn suggested brought in is out if i'm DS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:34 AM   #6
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
As I stated earlier We will sign a tender on Campbell maybe for a 1st and 3rd if a team takes a chance on that they can have him. Otherwise he holding the spot for Bradford
Given Danny's current hiring modus operandi, they should go ahead and put up a locker for Bradford, huh?
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:21 AM   #7
bigm29
Special Teams

If this is an uncapped offseason, then Campbell will be restricted and I do not think that many teams would be willing to give up a pick if we matched an offer. Also, I don't think there are any QB's who could come in next season and be a significant improvement over Campbell (whether it be a FA or a rookie). With that being said, I am all for drafting a good QB, however, there is still hope for Brennan in my opinion and I think that Offensive Line is a much greater need especially considering the fact that Chris Samuels might be done for his career. I think with new leadership and more importantly a bolstered O-line and more experience/chemistry from our young recievers, there is no reason why we can't make a playoff push in 2010 with Jason Campbell at the helm.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:02 AM   #8
diehardskin2982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Given Danny's current hiring modus operandi, they should go ahead and put up a locker for Bradford, huh?
The writting is on the wall. His doctor works for the Skin's, and the fact that he has an injury in his throwing arm, makes him an ideal player to fall on draft day hopefully giving us the opportunity to sneak back in the first a-la browns/ Quinn, ravens/Oher, green bay/ Rodgers and pick him up later in the first.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:04 AM   #9
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
How drunk are you?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:09 AM   #10
diehardskin2982

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
How drunk are you?
not at all drunk. If he is trully a RFA this year don't we set the compensation tender and if another team picks him up they have to fork over the picks?
Old 12-23-2009, 06:59 AM   #11
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

NO way in living hell Campbell goes for a 1st round pick....seriously man...

I see a high 3rd rounder for him...which we should take if someone offers. Colt is back in the mix next year...let him and Collins battle for the starting job, and let the rookie QB mature on the bench until it is time to see game action. We don't need another sack dummy like Patrick Ramsey..

Seriously if they upgrade the line, Collins could be very, very good for 1 season with our new QB looking over his shoulder. People are worried about TC's age, but you shouldn't because he is physically like a 30 year old because he hasn't taken the pounding or abuse on the field....
Old 12-23-2009, 07:10 AM   #12
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
People are worried about TC's age, but you shouldn't because he is physically like a 30 year old because he hasn't taken the pounding or abuse on the field....
A very slow, very weak armed, 30 year old. A couple deep strikes when the D has been playing up all day because the starting QB can't go deep with any consistent success is not the measure of an NFL starter. Let's not forget the Seattle game 2 years ago, the fact that Collins is 12/23 for 144 yards on the year, and looked about the same as JC against the Chiefs and Falcons.

Collins is a career backup, get him out of here.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:28 AM   #13
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Even if the Redskins decide to tender Campbell, whatever compensation they set for him is just a starting point for discussions. Other teams wouldn't necessarily be locked into that
Old 12-23-2009, 07:32 AM   #14
budw38
Playmaker

Lets just hope Allen signs 1-2 OL in F/A and drafts 2 more in April . Maybe get lucky in rd 4 and find another RB who can make some explosive plays , that would make the QB's job much easier . BEAT DALLAS !!!!
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:45 AM   #15
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think JC will/should stay, he is really the best option by far over any vet option availible and may come availible. TC is old and time to go, so im also for picking up another QB in the draft, but not in the first two rounds (unless Colt would somehow slide to us in the second).

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote