Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Eli Manning vs Jason Campbell

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Eli Manning vs Jason Campbell

I was looking at some stats today and began to think. How some QBs benefit from being put in a position where they can win. Everything is base on certain situations and also team management, personel, execution and coaching..

That being said..Kudos for Eli getting over the hump. But if people think he is going to be the same without Plaxico..I doubt it. Because as you recall Plaxico was on fire at the end of their superbowl season and was one of the reasons besides a killer D-line and a awesome running game that the Giants won a Superbowl.That being said..

How many of those things are we missing
1. A tall go to receiver..Hopefully Kelly, Thomas or one of the new guys can step up and be a go to receiver
2. Ware of Dallas had more sacks than our whole D-line (hopefully Haynesworth & Orakpo will help)
3. Our running game is decent. But Our number 2 back is not as good as the Giants and our O-line keeps getting nicked up and is old..

That being said..

Compare last years stats between Eli & Jason and also take into account that Eli has been in the same system for a few years and has all of those things listed above..

stats:

Eli Manning: 289 479 3,238 21 10 86.4
Jason Campbell: 315 506 3,245 13 6 84.3
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company

Last edited by dmvskinzfan08; 07-03-2009 at 01:32 PM.
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: Eli Manning vs Jason Campbell

Good post. I have argued before that, if you look at the stats, the much-maligned JC compares favorably with Eli.

As for the Giants, I think that without Plax people will stack 8 in the box more against the Giants this year. I think the absence of Plax will harm not just the Giants' passing game but their running game as well.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
wolfeskins
The Starter

eli and jason are alot alike, imo. both are pretty good qbs, not great. neither is really gonna carry their team by themselves such as mcnabb or peyton have done.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
eli and jason are alot alike, imo. both are pretty good qbs, not great. neither is really gonna carry their team by themselves such as mcnabb or peyton have done.
True and McNabb doesn't get the credit he deserves. Its always Peyton and Brady..But McNabb has done it with no weapons besides Westbrook who can't stay healthy. I am a skins fan..But I have respect for McNabb. The best QB in the NFC East..If not the NFC!!

But the thing that is the difference between ELI vs Jason is..Last year was JC's first year as a starter and he has been in a diff offense every year..Its the opposite for ELI. So imagine if Jason Campbell had started those years when Brunell was here (stinking it up). He would be a better QB now..
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company

Last edited by dmvskinzfan08; 07-03-2009 at 01:49 PM.
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
True and McNabb doesn't get the credit he deserves. Its always Peyton and Brady..But McNabb has done it with no weapons besides Westbrook who can't stay healthy. I am a skins fan..But I have respect for McNabb. The best QB in the NFC East..If not the NFC!!

But the thing that is the difference between ELI vs Jason is..Last year was JC's first year as a started and he has been in a diff offense every year..Its the opposite for ELI. So imagine if Jason Campbell had started those years when Brunell was here (stinking it up). He would be a better QB now..
oh yea, i definately agree. i feel like if campbell could be in the same system for at least three years he would really excell and become a pretty darn good qb.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
firstdown
Living Legend

We need a new thread so we can make a list of excusses for JC play and we can check them off as they are no longer excuses.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #7
dmek25
MVP

can we please get off the " we need a tall receiver" rants?
Old 07-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
saden1
MVP

Super Bowl vs No Super Bowl.

I need to see a Super Bowl god damn it!

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #9
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
can we please get off the " we need a tall receiver" rants?
When we no longer need a tall receiver, the rants will end.
We won more with Vinny
Old 07-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #10
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Good post. I have argued before that, if you look at the stats, the much-maligned JC compares favorably with Eli.

As for the Giants, I think that without Plax people will stack 8 in the box more against the Giants this year. I think the absence of Plax will harm not just the Giants' passing game but their running game as well.
I hope everyone out there believes the same thing,they will be surprised!The Giants beat some good teams last year "WITHOUT BURRESS"...yes I said without Burress,now I'm not denying that the Giants will miss him but I think they will miss Toomer more.He was more of someone Eli could count on.People said that after (first) Tiki and then Shockey left Eli would fold...didn't happen and the same will happen this year .There will be situations you would love to have Burress and Toomer both back but I agaree it's time to see if what we have can step up and play.Lets not forget the otherside of the ball either.......games are just not lost or won by just the O only.Defense is why Eli won some of those game and is why Jason lost some of those games,it's a team sport,I still think you'll see NY go deep more often to stop the 8"in the box" theory and the run game again will surprise some people...Ware is good.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #11
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
When we no longer need a tall receiver, the rants will end.

.........how tall is Steve Smith of the Panthers?
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #12
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
No one denies that the diminutive Smith is good. But when the Panthers want to throw the jump-ball fade in the red zone, they have several other, larger targets. Leaving aside Kelly and Thomas, who are not yet proven, to whom do the Redskins throw the jump-ball fade? Moss and Randle El have both proven that they are too short for the task.
We won more with Vinny
Old 07-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #13
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
I hope everyone out there believes the same thing,they will be surprised!The Giants beat some good teams last year "WITHOUT BURRESS"...yes I said without Burress,now I'm not denying that the Giants will miss him but I think they will miss Toomer more.He was more of someone Eli could count on.People said that after (first) Tiki and then Shockey left Eli would fold...didn't happen and the same will happen this year .There will be situations you would love to have Burress and Toomer both back but I agaree it's time to see if what we have can step up and play.Lets not forget the otherside of the ball either.......games are just not lost or won by just the O only.Defense is why Eli won some of those game and is why Jason lost some of those games,it's a team sport,I still think you'll see NY go deep more often to stop the 8"in the box" theory and the run game again will surprise some people...Ware is good.
To stop the 8-in-the-box, you need not just throw deep, you need a deep threat that teams will consistently respect. Who on the Giants is that respected threat? If you say Hixon, Smith, or Manningham, you will just make me laugh.
We won more with Vinny
Old 07-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #14
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Are you saying Plaxico's height didn't help? Funny ya'll drafted Nicks 6-1 then drafted Barden 6-6 in the 3rd. Height didn't have anything to do with it? :yeahright
Old 07-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #15
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post

But the thing that is the difference between ELI vs Jason is..Last year was JC's first year as a starter and he has been in a diff offense every year..Its the opposite for ELI. So imagine if Jason Campbell had started those years when Brunell was here (stinking it up). He would be a better QB now..
Brady also did it three times with a comparable arsenal to McNabb's receiving core. Thats part of the reason he's gotten a reputation in that he not only won three Super Bowls but he did it without a top tier Reciever. Ironically when he got a top flight receiving core he lost the Super Bowl.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote