Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Defensive line..Stop the man crushes..

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 04:37 AM   #1
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Defensive line..Who should be cut?

Looking at the other teams in the NFC East I must say that their D-Lines are impressive. Something we have lacked since forever. We get no pash rush and something has to change. The addition of Jason Taylor and Andre Carter elevating his game brings optimism. But to be honest. We need some new blood in here.

We must stop our man crushes on guys that aren't producing. IF they can't stop the run or rush the passer effectively they need to go. No matter if they are the topic of man crushes for unknown reasons. What i've seen of Rob Jackson he should make the team. Hopefully Erasmus James can show some flashes of pass rushing ability if he gets in this preseason. In an interveiw he also said he can play against the run also which is yet to be seen... saying that. The guys that have been on this team. Who have been a part of a line that has been at the bottom of the NFL as far as sacks need to go. Because obviosuly they are not producing. If anything needs to be tweaked in the pass rushing schemes on defense. That needs to happen also. But if players are not producing we need to find players who do or give one of these new guys a chance.

The Giants defense line helped them win a Superbowl. Because a pass rusher breathing down your neck is a solid equalizer to a pro-bowl QB..Ask Tom Brady...

Last edited by dmvskinzfan08; 08-19-2008 at 09:34 PM.

Advertisements
Old 08-19-2008, 04:58 AM   #2
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Re: Defensive line..Stop the man crushes..

Who exactly are you talking about? You do realize we gave up less than 3 yards per carry on Sat. night? The D-line played great against the Jets and Bills. The Colts game left alot to be desired but since then they have really picked up.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:19 AM   #3
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

The skins finally did something along the Dline. Lets wait till the regular season gets going to say we have no rush. Jason Taylor is a bit older but still an absolute stud.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:44 AM   #4
SkinzzFan
Special Teams

It's preseason guys. Let's wait until Game 1 when Blache unleashes hell. Jason Taylor is still trying to find his way in our system. Let's be patient. My biggest concern right now is situational play calling on offense. That's been this teams achilles heel over the last 2-3 seasons but that's not the topic so I'll stop there. The Defense is going to be straight nasty this year and it starts with the d-line...collectively as a UNIT!

HAIL!!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:19 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

Huh??
Old 08-19-2008, 07:32 AM   #6
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I guess you're saying Daniels, Griffin, Boschetti, Evans, Golston, Wilson, Alexander, and Montgomery need to go?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:02 AM   #7
GoSkins!
The Starter

This is like saying "buy low... sell high".

Yes, if it were that easy everyone would do it. We can get rid of guys that are not producing. That is easy. Now replacing them with better guys... how exactly do we do that with our salary cap? Do you have some defensive studs identified that we can grab?

Maybe what your saying was relevant on draft day. Or maybe its groundhog day....
Old 08-19-2008, 08:25 AM   #8
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

dmv just forgot to turn off his sarcasm font.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:32 AM   #9
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSkins! View Post
This is like saying "buy low... sell high".
Yes, if it were that easy everyone would do it. We can get rid of guys that are not producing. That is easy. Now replacing them with better guys... how exactly do we do that with our salary cap? Do you have some defensive studs identified that we can grab?

Maybe what your saying was relevant on draft day. Or maybe its groundhog day....
Wait... I'm supposed buy low, sell high?? I thought it was buy low, get high?? Wow... No wonder all my investments are in the snack food industry.

Seriously, what man-crushes are we talking about? I thought it was confined to Brennan and Mason (ohhh, I am all atwitter at the mention of their names!!). I haven't heard an inordinate amount of praise for anyone along the line. In fact, I thought it was one of the more heavily criticized units in the offseason.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:33 AM   #10
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I've been watching Taylor and so far I haven't seen much. I would say that even with the addition of Taylor, we are not going to have the pass rush that the Giants do. The Giants just abused a very good Cleveland offensive line last night.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:34 AM   #11
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Just one note,
on one of the sacks Saturday, where we did blitz, Taylor was being double team, Carter was coming off the edge. This defensive front, once they start playing packages and with gameplans is going to be our best in years. What change, that is plausible, would you want to make?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #12
Soup's Uncle
Special Teams

Debbie Downer...jk

Incorrect Wade...the Burgundy and Gold just ran all over you.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:39 AM   #13
Jamaican'Skin
The Starter

I'm not sure exactly what D line man crushes you are refering to because I haven't heard any. Looking at the past few games, the D line has appeared to step up. Granted you can't expect JT and AC to be in for 2 series and make 37 and a half sacks, but the D line has looked improved. For instance, against the scrubs, Ryan Boschetti knocked down several passes. Last year, that wasn't happening at all. I have to believe that it has to do with an increased interest in the 'Skins D line improving.

Plus its just preseason. Lighten up DMV baby
Old 08-19-2008, 09:42 AM   #14
JLW428
Special Teams

I personally feel good about the way our d-line is performing so far this PREseason.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #15
hesscl34

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I've been watching Taylor and so far I haven't seen much. I would say that even with the addition of Taylor, we are not going to have the pass rush that the Giants do. The Giants just abused a very good Cleveland offensive line last night.
I saw that too. I really think the Giants are going to have a decent season.
Closed Thread