Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

A soldier's perspective on last season

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
rugged d
Camp Scrub

A soldier's perspective on last season

I was on here as before as 3rd id soldier before but changed my info. Because of my job as an engineer in the army i have deployed alot i have recently just gotten back from my 5th tour combined between iraq and afghanistan but i have 8 deployments total. I try to follow the skins as much as i can whenever im deployed or not I actually watched painfully as our beloved redskins got that ass whooping I was the only person in the tv room that day everyone else was a patriot or anti redskin fan I was so angry iIwanted to punch someone.

I also got on a computer one day and went to my usual sites redskins.com, the warpath, myspace, etc. and saw when initially sean taylor had been shot he wasnt reported dead at the time and I felt really low, then a report came out he was gonna pull through I got excited and then there was a report that he was dead. I had gotten cruel mean remarks from cowboys fans, eagle fans I actually cried and couldnt watch his highlights for awhile.

I'm just getting around to it now but the redskins last year represented something that soldiers deal with on a daily basis while deployed losing fellow soldiers and rallying and carrying on finding motivation to win for that person and that motivated me when i saw the REDSKINS beat the breaks off the cowboys in the rain and win the games needed to get into the playoffs even though they didnt win it all alot of my fellow soldiers respected that because Sean Taylor is a once in a lifetime player that went way too young.

You guys on this post helped me get through deployment alot and I wanted to post comments but I can't do it on computers while I'm deployed!

I have a good feeling about this year we have a coach that will always be PREPARED thoroughly week in and week out and I watched his introductory press conference on a remote patrol base that took 45 minutes to load it up and it was worth it ESPECIALLY WHEN HE SAID "I WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN". well let me end this and say thank you all for being loyal fans and I wanna think the WASHINGTON REDSKINS for representing and never quitting!

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

Last edited by SmootSmack; 08-13-2008 at 10:38 PM. Reason: good post, but needed to be broken into paragraphs so it's easier to read
rugged d is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-14-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
Dogtag
Special Teams

Re: A soldier's perspective on last season

Hooah Army
Dogtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
firstdown
Living Legend

Thanks for all your service and the sacrifices you make everyday serving our great nation. I'm sorry to hear that you got all that negative stuff from other fans when ST passed. I'll have to say here on this site that other team fans where very supportive and very kind. The Dallas franchise and players I think where very kind to the Skins Nation when ST passed.You will always have a few who will do things like that and it makes it even easier when you can post on a site unknown.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
budw38
Playmaker

Thumbs up Re: A soldier's perspective on last season

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Thanks for all your service and the sacrifices you make everyday serving our great nation. I'm sorry to hear that you got all that negative stuff from other fans when ST passed. I'll have to say here on this site that other team fans where very supportive and very kind. The Dallas franchise and players I think where very kind to the Skins Nation when ST passed.You will always have a few who will do things like that and it makes it even easier when you can post on a site unknown.
I agree , nice post firstdown . Yes thank you for the service ,,, wishing you all the best for the USA's BEST !
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:46 AM   #5
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Great to have you back. I have the same good feeling about this season. Even if somehow we don't win as many games as we look capable of right now, it WILL be an extremely fun season to watch with Zorn running the show.

Thanks for your sacrifices to keep us free.

Hail to the Redskins and God Bless America.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:54 AM   #6
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Glad we were a help to you! But whatever we did is peanuts compared to your sacrifice for us (speaking for those who aren't in the services, of course). Thanks, man, and glad you can see the skins and get on the web with more regularity!

(They do have internet up there in Alaska, don't they? )

Hail and thanks for helping to keep us safe.