Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I like What I see out Jason Campbell

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
D'BOYZ
The Starter

I like What I see out Jason Campbell

Hey guys I know I'm not a constant blogger anymore but I wanted to post that what I've seen so far since last year and this first 2 pre-season games is that your young QB has shown a lot of improvement.

He has look good in the pocket accurate on the deep balls and pretty good putting the ball in the receiver hand in traffic, he has looked poised and good work deceiving the secondary on where he's going to throw.

He has shown huge improvement from last year and has shown that he can lead this team.

I have to tell I thought before training camp started you where the worst team in our division not in the conference i really thing any of the teams in our division could easily win the division in any other of the conference but I thought because of the new coaching staff, another OC for Campbell, secondary problems you were the weakest of the 4 but after watching the past two game, even if we all know it's preseason i don't think that anymore.

I still think you guys huge problems in the secondary but other than that you look like a very solid team now if you guys can get your rookie's wr on the field we might know more. But you have looked good and right now I really don't know how our division is going to end up but it's sure going to be a great season.

I feel like we're back in the80's early 90's when our division was the best in the NFL and we were in the SB....

Hope for a great season....

PS... Tell 55 to bring Eli's head on a platter

Last edited by D'BOYZ; 08-13-2008 at 05:37 PM.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Re: I like What I see out Jason Campbell

Thanks for the classy post D'Boyz. I'm not really concerned with our secondary, although Doughty is a liability in coverage. Between Springs, Landry, Smoot, and Rogers (who should be good to go for the regular season), I think our secondary is fine. I'm more concerned with our depth at linebacker. Our starters are all good to go, but we lack decent depth.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Do we really need to say classy post by D'boys anymore? Every post he has is well thought out. Hell, Im starting to think he'd like to be a skins fans but will lose his inheritance or something
Old 08-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #4
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

I think JC is going to surprise a lot of people..!!
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Something we won't see until the regular season will be JC's (and the offense) ability to close out a game. All of last year we saw the offense doing good things at the beginning of the game, and then just deflating in the second half with only our defense to keep us in the game. I know that this may have had to do with the way the game was called, but I'd like to see our team be able to score that extra touchdown that puts the game away.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:53 PM   #6
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Ruhskins, I don't see this coaching staff pulling back the reins until the final whistle blows. Zorn seems like an attack type guy rather than trying to put the game on an exhausted defense.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #7
hesscl34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Something we won't see until the regular season will be JC's (and the offense) ability to close out a game. All of last year we saw the offense doing good things at the beginning of the game, and then just deflating in the second half with only our defense to keep us in the game. I know that this may have had to do with the way the game was called, but I'd like to see our team be able to score that extra touchdown that puts the game away.
This will be key - closing the game. I won't be a JC believer until the does this consistently.
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:05 AM   #8
hesscl34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesscl34 View Post
This will be key - closing the game. I won't be a JC believer until the does this consistently.

Ohhhhh looky!! MY VIP is there!!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:49 AM   #9
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Campbell WILL be a great NFL QB sooner than later. He looks so comfortable in this system and with the physical skills he brought to the new system (cannon arm, great runner, toughness), it looks like a recipe for success.

Campbell will finish the year and his career with better stats than Romo (the new poster child of folding under pressure).
Old 08-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #10
firstdown
Living Legend

Dboys, I also think Romo has looked very smooth and poised and has shown allot of patients when making his choices. He looks strong this year and I saw one of his balls fly forever. He also putts well for such a big guy. Oh, we are talking football. I have not seen him play football but he has been on TV a bunch playing in these celeb. golf things.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #11
hesscl34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Campbell WILL be a great NFL QB sooner than later. He looks so comfortable in this system and with the physical skills he brought to the new system (cannon arm, great runner, toughness), it looks like a recipe for success.

Campbell will finish the year and his career with better stats than Romo (the new poster child of folding under pressure).
You think ROMO folds under pressure and JC doesn't?? I think not. JC can have all the talent in the world but he really needs to build his confidence and not blow it at the end of the game.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:18 AM   #12
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
You think ROMO folds under pressure and JC doesn't?? I think not. JC can have all the talent in the world but he really needs to build his confidence and not blow it at the end of the game.
He also needs receivers who can catch a ball that's not necessarily thrown right to them. Hopefully the Skins found that in Kelly/Thomas, but the pick against Dallas probably could have been prevented if we had a receiver who could have gone up to get it. Calling a fade route to Santana Moss is asinine.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #13
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
He's "blown it" at the end of two regular season games; against Tampa and Dallas. Do two throws in two games really amount to some big trend?

Also, what makes you think he's lacking in confidence?
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #14
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

D'BOYZ your comments are much appreciated. Campbell and the offense looks much improved and we are very optimistic that we can give the Cowboys a run for the money. The NFC East is the best conference in the NFC, quite possibly the best in the league. The competition is going to be unbelievable. The Cowboys are the favorite, but the Giants, Redskins and Eagles are hot on their heels and no one can really predict how its all going to fall out. I'm rooting for the Skins!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #15
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

Of the quarterbacks that have played in the two preseason games this year, Jason Campbell looks the most poised. The way he's playing, it makes you glad that the Redskins didn't trade for Favre.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote