Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Sen. Clinton suspends her presidential bid

Parking Lot

Old 06-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Sen. Clinton suspends her presidential bid

She finally puts an end to her campaign. Then there where two.

Clinton endorses Obama, calls for party unity - CNN.com
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
saden1
MVP

Re: Sen. Clinton suspends her presidential bid

It's killing her I am sure to have to do it after a grueling 17 months of campaigning, but it's the right thing to do. I'll take it.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
12thMan
MVP

It was a very classy endorsement. Time to move forward and unite the party.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
It was a very classy endorsement. Time to move forward and unite the party.
What was so classy about what she did. Its not like she did it on her own after it was known he had won like everyother person has done when running for office. I think the night she lost and did not concede she felt the wrath from her party. I also think she thought she was a shoe in and then along came Obama and spoiled her walk to the White House.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
What was so classy about what she did. Its not like she did it on her own after it was known he had won like everyother person has done when running for office. I think the night she lost and did not concede she felt the wrath from her party. I also think she thought she was a shoe in and then along came Obama and spoiled her walk to the White House.
Being the big Obama supporter that I am, I initially felt the same way. But after reflecting and hearing her speech, and given the historic magnitude of her run for office, she most definitely deserved her own day. She needed that moment to put every thing into it's proper context, the millions upon millions of women that voted for her, and the hefty endorsement of Obama.

There's no one in hell she could have squeezed all of that into one emotional evening when Obama wrapped up the nomination.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Being the big Obama supporter that I am, I initially felt the same way. But after reflecting and hearing her speech, and given the historic magnitude of her run for office, she most definitely deserved her own day. She needed that moment to put every thing into it's proper context, the millions upon millions of women that voted for her, and the hefty endorsement of Obama.

There's no one in hell she could have squeezed all of that into one emotional evening when Obama wrapped up the nomination.
Thats part of my point is that she wanted the stage for herself once again it was about her and thats how she wanted it. Its the first time I can recall a person running for office wanted center stage again when it should be left for the winner. I don't like either one of them but if it was the other way around I would think Obama would not have pulled that game. The only history to it was she made a further than any other women running for president but thats about it. I'm sure she had plenty more reasons to pat herself on the back on her center stage (which she lost). Obama made the history not her and I think it is eating at her that this guy came in and in her eyes stole her run for president.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Thats part of my point is that she wanted the stage for herself once again it was about her and thats how she wanted it. Its the first time I can recall a person running for office wanted center stage again when it should be left for the winner.
What about Reagan in 1976, Kennedy in 1980, and Jackson in 1984? Didn't they all do something similar? Reagan and Kennedy challenged fellow party members who happened to be incumbent Presidents.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #8
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Thats part of my point is that she wanted the stage for herself once again it was about her and thats how she wanted it. Its the first time I can recall a person running for office wanted center stage again when it should be left for the winner. I don't like either one of them but if it was the other way around I would think Obama would not have pulled that game. The only history to it was she made a further than any other women running for president but thats about it. I'm sure she had plenty more reasons to pat herself on the back on her center stage (which she lost). Obama made the history not her and I think it is eating at her that this guy came in and in her eyes stole her run for president.
That's about it? You trivlialize her campaign as if it happens every day or every four years. She ran a very close race and uncovered some weaknesses in Senator Obama's appeal in the process.

Had her strategy not been so flawed from the start, I can almost guarantee you it wouldn't have been Hillary giving the concession speech on Saturday. She made history. If we look at this in terms of second place, we totally undervalue and miss what happened here. And I know it's hard for us men, not all, to see how much of accomplishment this really is, but monumental doesn't fit the bill here. It was fucking big, okay.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #9
Miller101
Special Teams

Yeah, it sucked seeing her concede. Even though I knew it was going to happen soon after Obama gave his big speech; it still sucked! I was really pulling for her to make it. Just because it would have made Bill Clinton the very first First Gentleman of the United States of America. And that would have pissed off Republicans like no tomorrow! It would have been funny as heck hearing Republicans bitch about it!

Okay Okay, maybe that wasn't the only reason I wanted her to get the nomination and the White House, but it still would have been hilarious hearing Fox News go nuts!

Who knows, maybe she'll be a Vice President? Time will tell.
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote