Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Parking Lot

Old 06-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Obama Clinches Dem Nomination, As Superdelegates Fall In Line, Illinois Sen. Hits Magic Number - CBS News

History has been made...shame that still today it is historic though.

Good for him though. He's had quite a climb the past few years since being elected Senator of Illinois.

I'm glad we're finally on to the general elections. Should be a great one

Advertisements
Old 06-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination

Bout damn time lol. And while it's not necessarily a good thing, at least it finally happened. This looks to be a pretty close election, I still haven't made my decision yet so we'll see.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #3
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Bout damn time lol. And while it's not necessarily a good thing, at least it finally happened. This looks to be a pretty close election, I still haven't made my decision yet so we'll see.
Couldn't have said it any better myself.

I am afraid that unless Obama puts Clinton as VP, Clinton supporters are going to try their hardest to ruin Obama's campaign.

I wish some Clinton supporters would get off their high horse and just support the damn nominee. They may have won the battle but they lost the war. They need to go lick their wounds, come back to pick up the pieces and look ahead to the future.

The only way Obama is going to beat McCain is through complete democratic support, otherwise they might as well just hand this election over to McCain.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #4
saden1
MVP

John McCain + Supreme Court = nuff said.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:08 AM   #5
pigskinusa.com
Camp Scrub

be careful ladies Obama is a wolf in sheep clothing
pigskinusa.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:21 AM   #6
saden1
MVP

Clinton supporters aren't the only ones pissed off. I'm really agitate with the whole Hillary bullish. If their constiituent are willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces then I say f*ck'em. I'm all for compromises and niceties but Hillary camp has crossed the line so many times it hard for me to see them in positive light ever again. She isn't entitled to shit, she didn't win more delegates, she's pretty bad with math and last time I checked this country is not a monarchy.

And don't get me started on that fool Bill Clinton. They talk about sexism yet they don't mind using dog whistles and race bating. They don't mind insinuating that Obama is a Muslim and in the process relegating Muslim Americans to 2nd class citizens. They blame the media for all their troubles yet it wasn't too long ago when they chanted "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen." They don't even know when it's over...get the f*ck out and don't let the door hit you on your way out. If Obama is anything like me he would jetteson 100% their supporter has he kicks them off the stage and out the door.

F...Bill and Hillary Clinton. F'em.

Would I vote for Hillary if she was up against McCain, probably seeing how McCain thinks I'm marginaly dumber than a grain of sand.

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 06-04-2008 at 01:25 AM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #7
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Clinton supporters aren't the only ones pissed off. I'm really agitate with the whole Hillary bullish. If their constiituent are willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces then I say f*ck'em. I'm all for compromises and niceties but Hillary camp has crossed the line so many times it hard for me to see them in positive light ever again. She isn't entitled to shit, she didn't win more delegates, she's pretty bad with math and last time I checked this country is not a monarchy.

And don't get me started on that fool Bill Clinton. They talk about sexism yet they don't mind using dog whistles and race bating. They don't mind insinuating that Obama is a Muslim and in the process relegating Muslim Americans to 2nd class citizens. They blame the media for all their troubles yet it wasn't too long ago when they chanted "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen." They don't even know when it's over...get the f*ck out and don't let the door hit you on your way out. If Obama is anything like me he would jetteson 100% their supporter has he kicks them off the stage and out the door.

F...Bill and Hillary Clinton. F'em.

Would I vote for Hillary if she was up against McCain, probably seeing how McCain thinks I'm marginaly dumber than a grain of sand.
Isn't that the mindset that will ultimately bring the Democrats together in November? The party may have been divided between Hillary and Obama, but they'll be united by their opposition to a common opponent. If your (the proverbial your) candidate (Hillary) didn't get nominated, then you've already been reduced to choosing between a lesser of two evils.

Surely any sane democrat, as stauchly as they may have supported Hillary, will realize that Obama is easily the lesser of two evils in a race with McCain.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:35 AM   #8
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Isn't that the mindset that will ultimately bring the Democrats together in November? The party may have been divided between Hillary and Obama, but they'll be united by their opposition to a common opponent. If your (the proverbial your) candidate (Hillary) didn't get nominated, then you've already been reduced to choosing between a lesser of two evils.

Surely any sane democrat, as stauchly as they may have supported Hillary, will realize that Obama is easily the lesser of two evils in a race with McCain.
You're taking a big step assuming anyone in America is "sane." Some of the things I've seen in exit polls from Hillary supporters is absolutely disgusting. The fact that she has some people actually believing Obama can't be voted for because he's a Muslim who can't be trusted disgusts me.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
You're taking a big step assuming anyone in America is "sane." Some of the things I've seen in exit polls from Hillary supporters is absolutely disgusting. The fact that she has some people actually believing Obama can't be voted for because he's a Muslim who can't be trusted disgusts me.
Is that really her doing, or ignorance on the part of Americans....or 70Chip's doing?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #10
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

If the bush admin has taught us anything, its that ignorant unfounded fear campaigns are a very effective tool when influencing the american public. I know a few people who are convinced he's the antichrist and here to end the world. I always argue that if its true they shouldn't vote for mccain because obama is going to get elected anyway. Who do they think they are to try to stop the apocolypse. Don't throw your vote away...
Old 06-04-2008, 10:21 AM   #11
firstdown
Living Legend

I think we will find out more about Obama and his very liberal left leaning and McCain wins. I'm not a McCain fan but I'm not going to vote for a stunch liberal which will raise my taxes even more.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #12
dblanch66
The Starter

As long as anyone who votes for McCain is willing to explain to parents of dead American soldiers why they support a guy who extends the war in Iraq for no tangible reason and will accept the responsibility for the blood on their hands. In essence, if you vote for McCain, and ONE more soldier dies, you have blood on your hands. Sleep tight.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #13
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Is that really her doing, or ignorance on the part of Americans....or 70Chip's doing?
Classic

Old 06-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #14
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I think we will find out more about Obama and his very liberal left leaning and McCain wins. I'm not a McCain fan but I'm not going to vote for a stunch liberal which will raise my taxes even more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
As long as anyone who votes for McCain is willing to explain to parents of dead American soldiers why they support a guy who extends the war in Iraq for no tangible reason and will accept the responsibility for the blood on their hands. In essence, if you vote for McCain, and ONE more soldier dies, you have blood on your hands. Sleep tight.
"Beware the Terrible Simplifiers"

Personally, I've had enough demagoguery, no matter which side deploys it.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #15
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Skins Fan View Post
"Beware the Terrible Simplifiers"
Couldn't have put it better myself

Last edited by SmootSmack; 06-04-2008 at 12:35 PM.
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote