Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Official other teams NHL Playoffs thread

Other Sports

Old 04-19-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Official other teams NHL Playoffs thread

I created this thread because I didn't want to talk about the Bruins-Canadiens in the Caps thread, and I figured if nobody wanted to talk about the Pens-Sens in that thread it'd be better off making a new thread.

Anyways the Bruins came back tonight to beat the Canadiens and force a game 7. I gotta admit I was pretty suprised because I figured when the Cans went up in the series 3-1 that it was pretty much over, especially considering Montreal has dominated Boston lately. But now it comes down to one last game for them. If Montreal loses they will become the latest in a long line of #1 seeds in any sport who can't make it to the finals. I think that Montreal gets down to business in game 7 though and moves on, they are probably pretty mad that they were up 3-1 and they let Boston back in.

And how about the Red Wings-Preds? I know the Wings are up 3-2 but it's been a pretty even series so far. I'd like to see the Preds move on simply because I think of them as the underdog, and I always have a soft spot for the underdog. Besides the Red Wings are in the playoffs every season.

Advertisements
Old 04-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Official other teams NHL Playoffs thread

Good idea.

Preds are probably my second favorite team so I'd like for them to advance as well. But my bracket in the office pool says otherwise
Old 04-22-2008, 10:31 PM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Official other teams NHL Playoffs thread

Well now that the Caps have been eliminated I'm going to turn my attention to other teams in the postseason. As of now if I had to choose one team to come out of the East, I'd probably pick Montreal. I'm not a fan of the Rangers, I hate the Penguins, I'm definitely not rooting for a team from Philly so that pretty much leaves them. Montreal does have the #1 seed so they've got a good chance because nobody can really take home ice away from them. I don't care who comes out of the West but I do like San Jose, provided they win tonight against the Flames.