Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Fan day on Saturday...

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-09-2004, 03:01 PM   #1
SkinsRock
Impact Rookie

Fan day on Saturday...

Was anybody else there on Sat? I was one of the estimated 25,000! At least it wasn't real hot, but it was PACKED! Here are some of my observations/complaints...

- Gibbs is the man. He came out and was straight and to the point when he addressed the fans. Smiled when cut off by chants of "We want Dallas!".
- I haven't read anything about him being injured or anything, but Gardner was doing passing drills, but did not participate in the O vs D scrimmage with the other "starters". Seemed like McCants was usually in there opposite Coles. Hmmmm....
- I was impressed with Thrash....like LC, he seems to catch anything near him!
- After hearing they were held out of practice on Friday, I was very happy to see Portis and Arrington practicing. Also, Taylor made a couple of nice plays including an INT.
- The autograph lines were WAY long, but I was happy when I got my jersey signed by Ramsey And there was a bonus when Bugel was hanging out signing autographs by the back fence after we got through the line!
- The PA they had set up was not near loud enough...it was hard to hear people speaking, esp. around when the cheerleaders performed...they had turned a couple speakers around for them to hear their music, so depending where you were, you couldn't hear what people were saying until they turned them back around. Come on Danny, get a bigger/louder PA next time!
- The walk through practice for offense and defense was canceled, but there was no announcement....at least that we heard. It sucked cause no one knew what was going on.
- There was no "real food" being sold....which really surprised me. There were snacks like chips, peanuts, ice cream, etc., but no hot dogs, burgers, etc. Seems to me Danny could have made a lot more money, especially on fan day when many people were there all day, as opposed to just a few hours for a practice (obviously, we didn't bring any food in and would have eaten a hot dog or something).

I'm going back Wednesday morning to catch the last open day....and to see what a difference it is with about 1/5 the people there!!!
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-09-2004, 03:35 PM   #2
schafer7
Camp Scrub

In cased you haven't seen the posting. Wedsnesday morning practice is cancelled. The final open practice will be Wednesday afternoon @ 4:30.

:headbange
schafer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 03:43 PM   #3
PSUskinsfan11
Impact Rookie

Good call with the PA not being loud enough and no real food. I did have a great time though. The lines were veryyy long but I was happy to get my PSU 11 jersey signed by LaVar and my friend looked out and got my Portis jersey signed for me. Also got to go through Samuels line, seemed like he was hated on a bit. Player's were all great about autographs even after the huge lines. Me my uncle and 3 of my friends even snuck into the V.I.P. area and got about 20 autographs after the lines including future rookie of the year Sean Taylor and Regan Upshaw who was one of the coolest player's I have ever met.
PSUskinsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 03:43 PM   #4
SkinsRock
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schafer7
In cased you haven't seen the posting. Wedsnesday morning practice is cancelled. The final open practice will be Wednesday afternoon @ 4:30.

:headbange
No, I hadn't seen it. DAMN! I can't go to the afternoon one due to other plans. That sucks!

Actually, for some reason, I had a feeling they would do that.....
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote