Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Tim Brown released!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-05-2004, 03:16 AM   #1
Luxorreb
^21^

Tim Brown released!

Any chance we'll sign WR Tim Brown for veteran minimum?
Hate to add to our depth at WR, but w/ Taylor injured, Coles playing injured I think if we could get him at that he'd be a good addition for a playoff run.

Advertisements
Old 08-05-2004, 03:24 AM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I heard he's going home to the Cowboys, which is apparently becoming a retirement home what with Vinny and Eddie George already there
Old 08-05-2004, 06:48 AM   #3
PSUskinsfan11
Impact Rookie

I don't see him coming here because he said he did not want to be a 3rd maybe even 4th or 5th WR because he would more than likely have to play special teams. I could see him going to the Ravens. He might be able to be the second WR there behind Kevin Johnson, plus he has said he wants to play with a contender which the Ravens could really be with another reciever depending on Jamal Lewis status. I could also see the Vikings, Packers, and Broncos making a run at him.
PSUskinsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:16 AM   #4
MTK
\m/

He's seriously washed up.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:58 AM   #5
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
I heard he's going home to the Cowboys, which is apparently becoming a retirement home what with Vinny and Eddie George already there
LOL

Yeah, I could see him possibly going to the Ravens. Not only would he add talent to the receiving corps there, but could also teach Boller some of the intricacies to the NFL passing game.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:14 AM   #6
BrunellFan
Special Teams

Tim Brown wants to start in the NFL, thats why he left Oakland.

If he came here, he wouldnt start, so I dont think thats even a remote possibility.

Baltimore is his most likely destination, since they had the worst passing game in the NFL last year and desperately need some talent at WR. Tim Brown good be good for 1000 yards as a struggling teams #1 WR.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:38 AM   #7
Carnage
Special Teams

If I'm Mariucci or Denny Green, I would do whatever it takes to get him. It's bizarre that they have so much young WR talent and NO ONE to learn from. Also, the Bucs would obviously be a good fit.
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:42 AM   #8
MTK
\m/

Browns' best days are far behind him. He's lost a step and speed was never his game to start with. He could be a solid contributor as a #3 or #4 WR like Fryar was for us, but to expect him to start and go for 1000 yards is ridiculous if you ask me.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:42 AM   #9
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

If Brown goes to Dallas, that means it would be Meshawn & Brown as the starters. I would have to say that it would be the slowest WR tandem in the history of the NFL. On top of that you have Vinny the statue, and a old beat up Eddie George. This is great.....
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 12:31 PM   #10
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

one of the best receivers ever...kinda hard to call him washed up. considering all the crap that happened in Oakland last year, with Gannon breaking down, Brown had a so-so year (him and Rice combined for over 100 catches). he could definitely be a starter in this league still...there is so much respect for what he can do on the football field that you would still have to pay attention to him...slower or not.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 12:41 PM   #11
JoeGibbsIsBack
Camp Scrub

I'm thinking Arizona, Fernado Bryant, supposed to be the No. 3 reciever in Denny's 3 reciever heavy offense is injured and Brown would be great for the young recievers in the desert. Plus he wouldn't have to move far.
JoeGibbsIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 01:53 PM   #12
MTK
\m/

It's not just last year, Brown's numbers over the past two seasons have really tailed off, and his yards per catch have steadily decreased over the last 3 seasons.

I'm not saying he's garbage, but he's not the same 100 catch, go-to WR he used to be.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:31 PM   #13
saden1
MVP

Another player that failed to finish his career in one place. Time Brown should have retired a Raider but I guess he’s too proud to play backup. He’s a class act and I wish him the best.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:53 PM   #14
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Yea teh bucs should look into him. THeir number one guy is going to holdout for the season, their nubmer 2 guy is having back surgury and is out for an undetermined amount of time, which leaves them with a rookie.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:00 PM   #15
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

A lot of people talk about Gannon's injury last year but I think what is overlooked is Jerry Porter's injury. Two years ago a healthy Porter was able to stretch the field with his speed and that opened things up underneath for Rice and Brown.

Brown is not the same receiver he once was, and he needs help because he can't battle double teams anymore. That being said, the guy could definitely help many teams out and I've always felt he's one of the more underrated receivers of the past decade