Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Player Stats: Annualized

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #1
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Player Stats: Annualized

We are officially done with a quarter of the regular season. Now's as good a time as any to take stock of how some players have performed and annualize out those stats. Obviously, I don't expect players to end up with these stats at the end of the season, I just think that annualizing the stats out gives us a good idea of just how productive players have been.

PASSING
Jason Campbell 3,368 yards, 59% completion, 16 TDs, 12 INTs

RUSHING
Clinton Portis 265 rushes, 1,196 yards, 12 TDs
Ladell Betts 152 rushes, 416 yards
Mike Sellers 44 rushes, 160 yards, 4 TDs

RECEIVING
Antwaan Randle El 72 receptions for 1,352 yards
Santana Moss 48 receptions, 796 receiving yards
Clinton Portis 36 receptions, 252 yards
Chris Cooley 40 receptions, 320 yards, 12 TDs
Mike Sellers 24 receptions, 196 receiving yards, 4 TDs

DEFENSE
Andre Carter 68 tackles, 16 sacks
Cornelius Griffin 36 tackles, 6 sacks
Rocky McIntosh 128 tackles, 8 sacks
Marcus Washington 60 tackles, 8 sacks
London Fletcher 136 tackles, 4 INTs, 4 FRs
Sean Taylor 64 tackles, 8 INTs
Laron Landry 96 tackles, 2 sacks
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-07-2007, 11:21 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Player Stats: Annualized

Those are some sick defensive numbers

Also...12-4
Old 10-07-2007, 11:35 PM   #3
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

anyone else worried how little cooley is a part of the offense until the redzone? I mean he's doing a phenominal job in the redzone, but they aren't having him stretch the middle like he's capable. but awesome stats Sheriff. I especially like the looks of those defensive stats and if Sellers gets anything close to stats like that someone's going to the Pro Bowl and getting a pay increase.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:36 PM   #4
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Also...12-4
It's hard to believe we've already won 50% of the games we won all of last year.

IMO, interesting things are: (1) Cooley's incredibly low production (aside from TDs) - the coaching staff has to get him more involved without even if that means leaving the right side of the line a little exposed; (2) ARE is going nuts; (3) Betts' ypc is pretty god-awful; and, most notably, (4) Carter looks like the beast we wanted, he's got 8 sacks in the last 9 games.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:38 PM   #5
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
anyone else worried how little cooley is a part of the offense until the redzone? I mean he's doing a phenominal job in the redzone, but they aren't having him stretch the middle like he's capable. but awesome stats Sheriff. I especially like the looks of those defensive stats and if Sellers gets anything close to stats like that someone's going to the Pro Bowl and getting a pay increase.
Well I think that is because defense just hone in on Cooley. On that huge McCardell reception they showed the play again, and they showed how Cooley cut underneath and how he took two defenders with him.

I think teams are just doubling him quite a bit.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #6
Cowell
Impact Rookie

People are starting to figure out that Cooley is good, and double teams come with that. I don't mind how we do it as long as we score, Cooley doesen't HAVE to be involved, he's involved plenty if he is drawing 2 defenders with him.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:47 PM   #7
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowell View Post
People are starting to figure out that Cooley is good, and double teams come with that. I don't mind how we do it as long as we score, Cooley doesen't HAVE to be involved, he's involved plenty if he is drawing 2 defenders with him.
If Cooley is in fact consistently getting double-teamed AND he is running routes more often than he is staying in to block, then I could care less what his stats look at the end of the season. But, I've seen Cooley stay in to block so often. I'm not really complaining (it's hard to after a game like that), but Cooley just makes plays as a receiver and it would be a shame to see that talent go to waste because the right side of our line is banged up.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:06 AM   #8
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

As we win with our other weapons, things will open back up for Cooley. What I really like about this season is that ARE has emerged. If Moss can get healthy and ARE can keep up something near what he's doing (if he keeps going at this pace I'll be pleasantly amazed!), and the right side of the o line starts to click, Cooley will have some big games for us. And his redzone play has been excellent.

Totally agree about Carter. Great to see--we haven't had that kind of a threat in a while. I really liked that he took some inside rushes today--not just that outside speed rush. On the Safety, he just THREW that 300 pound lineman out of the way with a shove. Badass.

But the schedule gets tougher. NE, at GB, Dallas twice, in NY, at Chi. etc. One game at a time! I think we are a solid wildcard team who can be more if we really hit our stride and avoid injuries in key places. But that we can win without Moss AND ARE (at least in the second half) is a good sign.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:20 AM   #9
MTRedskinsFan

Thanks to the Sheriff for the annualized stats. I'm not worried about Cooley's stats at all for reasons many of you gave above. But i'm not worried about Betts' stats either. He has to take a lot of calls to get in the groove and then he is very effecitive. Analysts have pointed this out and Betts admitted it himself. All this means is we don't have much of a two back system but still have a great back-up in case CP gets hurt (even temporarily). I think Betts could walk into a single game now if CP was out for a week and we'd see Betts break a hundred yards rushing. He's a tough guy who needs to find his rhythm. Sorry to get off topic on this post but there was mention of Betts weak stats.
MTRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:26 AM   #10
dgack
The Starter

How many Mike Sellers pancaking of defensive players does that make, projected out?
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:27 AM   #11
Kope
Special Teams

Quote:
Cooley's incredibly low production (aside from TDs)
All kidding aside, that is all the production I want from offensive players - TDs

all other stats are for madden or fantasy football.

Cooley doing pretty good this year for TDs
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #12
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Those are some sick defensive numbers

Also...12-4
thanks sgg, but this is the one that means the most. man, it would be super sweet if the skins worked their butts off, and ended up with double digit wins( and the playoffs)
Old 10-08-2007, 08:02 AM   #13
MTK
\m/

You could really see that they were keeping a close eye on Cooley yesterday especially with Moss and ARE out of the game.

His numbers will improve, he got off to an even slower start last year and finished strong. At least he's getting TDs.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:29 AM   #14
12thMan
MVP

Is it me, or does it seem like both of Taylor's int's looked like he was catching a punt? It's so funny because, you would think he'd be flying all over the place snagging them out of the air, but he's been in the right place on two terrible throws. Good job, nonetheless.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:47 AM   #15
BrudLee
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Is it me, or does it seem like both of Taylor's int's looked like he was catching a punt? It's so funny because, you would think he'd be flying all over the place snagging them out of the air, but he's been in the right place on two terrible throws. Good job, nonetheless.
From my seat at the game, it was like the throw was to him. I said to my dad that the hardest part of that interception was waiting for the ball to get there.