Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Excellent Game............

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:28 PM   #1
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Excellent Game............

Look I see alot of the whining going on and all I want to say is that this was a very good game ....AS A FAN. Look we were pretty bad in the first half you guys we almost perfect and in the second half things turned around. You have some nice young talent and we finally played as a team,relax it's only game 3.

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2007, 10:30 PM   #2
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: Excellent Game............

we have been here before we were 2-0 in 2003 lost to the Giants in OT in heart breaking fashion and our who season was gone after that.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:42 PM   #3
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Look I see alot of the whining going on and all I want to say is that this was a very good game ....AS A FAN. Look we were pretty bad in the first half you guys we almost perfect and in the second half things turned around. You have some nice young talent and we finally played as a team,relax it's only game 3.
I can't relax when we have 50 offensive coaches and that is the best playcalling we can come up with? It's almost comical.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #4
Frost
Special Teams

Quote:
why dont you make like a tree and f.... off
Old 09-23-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
why dont you make like a tree and f.... off

class...............
Old 09-23-2007, 10:54 PM   #6
Twilbert07
Impact Rookie

It really wasn't a good game. The Giants played like crap in the first half, and the Skins looked pathetic in the second half. I have to give the Giants credit for turning the game around while we sat on our hands and did nothing till the final, last-minute drive. With the Cowboys winning tonight, we'll all be looking up at them.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:54 PM   #7
DSNYderville
Camp Scrub

Hey, I'm new to this forum - but I think the problem starts with the Team Owner. Dan Snyder may have been a fan as a kid, but he has created a marketing platform, whilst destroying The Redskins (and for that matter, many other NFL teams that follow his lead). Too bad we can't trade the owner. Until he's gone, the Skins will remain: lot's of Sizzle, NO STEAK.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:46 PM   #8
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYderville View Post
Hey, I'm new to this forum - but I think the problem starts with the Team Owner. Dan Snyder may have been a fan as a kid, but he has created a marketing platform, whilst destroying The Redskins (and for that matter, many other NFL teams that follow his lead). Too bad we can't trade the owner. Until he's gone, the Skins will remain: lot's of Sizzle, NO STEAK.
WTF does Snyder have to do with what happened on the field?? Nothing.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:47 AM   #9
wilsowilso

Quote:
relax it's only game 3.
Tell me about it. I sure hope this loss will be good for us. Something about the offense has been off in all of the first three games and the Giants obviously figured out our weakness almost completely and they flat out embarassed our offense. I hope we can figure out the flaws because we have lots of potential this year and like Giantone said it's early.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:01 AM   #10
Luxorreb
^21^

Quote:
You will probably not be at this site long.

Let's engage.

Owner not the problem.

Gibbs is back.

Wanna talk problems; Tiki quit on Coughlin. Coughlin back next season? Not a chance...

I'll take an owner that brings in a HOF coach over a NYG owner that hires a guy he doesn't even want. And all the players hate. It's frustrating being in the NFC East cause anyone can win any game at anytime any year...
Old 09-24-2007, 07:19 AM   #11
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxorreb View Post

Wanna talk problems; Tiki quit on Coughlin. Coughlin back next season? Not a chance...

I'll take an owner that brings in a HOF coach over a NYG owner that hires a guy he doesn't even want. And all the players hate. It's frustrating being in the NFC East cause anyone can win any game at anytime any year...

.......ok and this has what to do with the game Sunday?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:56 AM   #12
dmek25
MVP

giantone, congrats on your win on Sunday. and don't forget to come back when the skins win in new york
Old 09-24-2007, 09:05 AM   #13
onlydarksets
Playmaker

Quote:
.......ok and this has what to do with the game Sunday?
Lemme break it down for you:
  • DSNYderville said "We lost because of the owner".
  • Luxorreb said "No, we lost because of the team. Snyder has finally gotten to the point where he is not making whimsical decisions counter to the team's best interest, unlike Mara and Tisch, who did just that by choosing a marginal coach that the players don't like over one of the best RBs in the league and a locker-room leader."
  • Giantone said "What?"
Anyhow, it was not really a "good" game, not just because of the result, but for the reasons pointed out above. The Skins barely showed up in the second half, and it wasn't due solely to the Gints defense (although your D did look better than it had all season).
Old 09-24-2007, 09:06 AM   #14
BrunellMVP?
Impact Rookie

Quote:
I would hardly call our first half "almost perfect"- the stats weren't impressive at all- we didn't run well and we didn't pass well,...we scored a TD on a short field...the only thing impressive about the first half was the D and the scoreboard.
For the game, we forced 3 turnovers and only scored 17 points...
bottom line, we lost to a bad team (we may be bad as well) and we shouldn't have...we got too conservative. we should have tested a VERY suspect Giants secondary. Either way, you won, so bravo...we are just very bitter
in writing these daily letters and trying to make them interesting it is always possible that some sentiment may occur which has not received the severe and deliberate scrutiny and reconsideration which should attach to a State Paper.
- Churchill
Old 09-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #15
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
So he buttered the players' gloves at halftime? I was blaming that on Gibbs!
Closed Thread