f...gibbs

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #1
jsarno
Franchise Player

f...gibbs

(in honor of jamf)

What the hell is wrong with him that he STILL think conservative play calling is the way to go? The coaching lost this game for us plain and simple and it's getting to be like this week in and week out. We were all shocked last week when Campbell went deep for Moss (moss missed it) and I think Gibbs felt that was a mistake and wouldn't allow it again or something. How horrendous!

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Re: f...gibbs

Hm, this thread is going to go downhill fast.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:41 PM   #3
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
(in honor of jamf)

What the hell is wrong with him that he STILL think conservative play calling is the way to go? The coaching lost this game for us plain and simple and it's getting to be like this week in and week out. We were all shocked last week when Campbell went deep for Moss (moss missed it) and I think Gibbs felt that was a mistake and wouldn't allow it again or something. How horrendous!
Al calls the plays. Not Joe.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Joe was definitely calling plays this game.

Or so it seemed. The playcalling wasn't the type of Saunders. Which is leading people to believe that it was Gibbs calling the plays this game. Or at least the second half.

So now that we've experimented with the, "What happens if coach Gibbs calls the plays" scenario and failed spectacularly, it's time to hand the playbook back to Saunders.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #5
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Dude you should be banned for using the F word on Gibbs. How quick we turn. If you are a true Redskin fan you remember 4 SB that Gibbs brought here, give the man a chance. He'll get it done, I guarantee it!!
Old 09-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #6
holcknowsbest
Special Teams

bad call by you, not f gibbs...unless you are talking about betts being in the game and not portis. f betts man, this guy is the most tippy toe faggot man, you know i like ladell but he is a third down back at best in the nfl....1100 yards last year, 4 tds.....hes a third down back thats it, not goaline.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'm putting it mostly on the defense for losing the game for us, but the conservative playcalling didn't help at all. I hate it just as much as the next guy and it's not helping. I guess they just don't trust JC to open up the gameplan.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:46 PM   #8
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holcknowsbest View Post
bad call by you, not f gibbs...unless you are talking about betts being in the game and not portis. f betts man, this guy is the most tippy toe faggot man, you know i like ladell but he is a third down back at best in the nfl....1100 yards last year, 4 tds.....hes a third down back thats it, not goaline.
If Portis was in the game he would have gotten stuffed. The whole side of the line got caved in. We should have been in shotgun and thrown the ball.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:46 PM   #9
Redskin
Impact Rookie

yea betts was a mistake to have in there he has no push to him Portis would have ran that queermo over and went into the endzone or atleast tried to stretch the ball
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Old 09-23-2007, 08:47 PM   #10
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If Portis was in the game he would have gotten stuffed. The whole side of the line got caved in. We should have been in shotgun and thrown the ball.
Or run up the gut atleast.

We ran to the left almost everytime.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:47 PM   #11
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Dude you should be banned for using the F word on Gibbs. How quick we turn. If you are a true Redskin fan you remember 4 SB that Gibbs brought here, give the man a chance. He'll get it done, I guarantee it!!

That's the problem, I do remember it, and he does too...he still thinks that way of playing the game is the way to go. It's not.
For the love of the Redskins, please let Saunders do whatever the hell he wants with no interferance.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:48 PM   #12
Cowell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
If we had thrown the ball though and say thrown a pick or some incompletions you guys would have been saying how we should have ran the ball. Lets face it we didn't get it done. Stop pointing fingers and just be glad we have a bye week to think this one over and hopefully work out some kinks. I'll be in FedEx to see the Skins improve to 3-1 against Detroit, and I can't wait.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:49 PM   #13
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm putting it mostly on the defense for losing the game for us, but the conservative playcalling didn't help at all. I hate it just as much as the next guy and it's not helping. I guess they just don't trust JC to open up the gameplan.
See this is where the problem lies. Since Gibbs has come back he has been Mr. Conservative. Get a lead and let the defense try and win. Instead of trying to step on the other teams throat we run this bullshit offense.

I know I'm going to get some heat for this but do the Patriots do this crap? They try and blow you out when they are up 21 in the 4th q.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:49 PM   #14
PhxRedSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Al calls the plays. Not Joe.
Yeah, wtf? Gibbs relinquished control to a 700 hundred page play book mad man/dictator.

Speaking of dictators, isn't Gloria a Cuban citizen?

Out with Saunders. Portis also needs to go to a Pop Warner practice and listen to the RB coach say look the ball into your hands FIRST 10,000 times or more. That fumble....

Hail and I look forward to the Lions
Old 09-23-2007, 08:50 PM   #15
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by holcknowsbest View Post
I agree with that too...you don't put THE BACK UP in when the game is on the line! Why not bench Campbell for Brunell??? DUMB! Portis would have scored on that first play (3rd down). Betts didn't bother to try to beat that ONE guy...on the 4th down play, he tripped over his own damn player.
While of course I do blame Betts for stinking up the joint, I blame Gibbs for putting him in and going to him twice!
They stacked the line and we tried to ram them with an inferior back...not smart!