Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I hope this is a wake up call

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-23-2007, 07:34 PM   #1
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I hope this is a wake up call

The offense was flat in the second half, the defense gave a lot of critical 3rd down conversions. Overall not a good game, my man Rocky had an off game, Landry looked like a rookie at times. GW didn't adjust to all the runs to the left till it was too late. After this loss I hope they are extremely pissed, never underestimate your opponent. Kudos to the G-men D. One more thing, Betts needs to watch tape of how Marion Barber runs the ball, WITH AUTHORITY!! Run the ball like the cops are chasing you!!!
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Re: I hope this is a wake up call

yeah I hope so too. Terrible play calling on our part.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:40 PM   #3
Smooter
Impact Rookie

I saw this coming from a mile away. Gibbs kept saying that they cant be underestimated and what happens. We handle them fairly well in the first half and got cocky and they turned around and fucked us over.
Smooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:43 PM   #4
MTK
\m/

Not sure if a 2-1 team needs a wake up call, but they will definitely have something to think about over the bye and will hopefully come back ready to rock.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:48 PM   #5
GusFrerotte

Back to reality is all I can say. Look at clubs like Pitt, NE, and Indy. These teams put away opposing teams and dominate from the get go. We have all of these offensive weapons and get nada in the second half. How can we get 4 shots on the one at the end and not get it in? Should have been 4 shots up the gut by CP or Sellers and wham probable tie game. Most guys in this forum could have called a better offensive game than what Saunders did in the second half. 3 turnovers and we still lose. WTF!!!!!!
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:49 PM   #6
Skins fan 44
Impact Rookie

What a difference a half makes. I was feeling really good and thought we had a chance to do some good things this season. I still think we can but we can not keep choke like that.
Skins fan 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #7
Cowell
Impact Rookie

That has to be the worse football I have seen in my life during the 2nd half. We blew it. No excuse.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #8
Defensewins
Playmaker

If the Skins had won they would have been the worst 3-0 team. The skins look vulnerable and we have not played any of the powerful teams. The Dolphins are terrible. The Eagles were a week late before they found their game. The Giants are not a very good team and we lost to them.
It looks like Gibbs does not have a ton of confidence in Campbell. We are not playing smart football. We are making too many mental mistakes.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #9
GusFrerotte

We better beat the hell out of the Lions!!!!!!!! They have virtually no running game to speak of, check their rushing stats, they totally suck, but have the studs at WR to do great damage. We need a pass rush desperately to win this game. Kitna will kill us via the air unless he is hurried. THe Lions don't have the greatest O line. The Lions have not beaten the Skins at home since before I was born(1970, last time Detroit won in Wash was 1967) We lose to the Lions we will be a joke. We need to cream these guys!!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #10
GusFrerotte

If we don't get it together soon look for Gibbs to pull JC for Collins or even his "buddy". Not saying I agree with it, but knowing past history he might yank JC.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:57 PM   #11
Cowell
Impact Rookie

That is ridiculous. Why would Gibbs pull JC? I think he played fine, we just didn't have good play calling and we couldn't get our defense off the field.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:00 PM   #12
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
If the Skins had won they would have been the worst 3-0 team. The skins look vulnerable and we have not played any of the powerful teams. The Dolphins are terrible. The Eagles were a week late before they found their game. The Giants are not a very good team and we lost to them.
It looks like Gibbs does not have a ton of confidence in Campbell. We are not playing smart football. We are making too many mental mistakes.

Mental mistakes by both players and coaches, which inevitably points to the coaching. Danny paid a ton of money for these fools and we don't get squat. GW is a solid coach, but Saunders sucks. Jury is out on Gibbs II. I still think we should have gone after Fassel with a ton of $$$$$$$ and giving him a free hand in running the show. Why do I say that? Fassel overachieved with the players he had and even wound up in the SB against the Ravens the one year. We are stacked with talent and can't score from the frigging one. I want us to beat the living shit out of Detroit now. Only thing that will give me any hope of us contending for anything.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:00 PM   #13
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Not sure if a 2-1 team needs a wake up call, but they will definitely have something to think about over the bye and will hopefully come back ready to rock.
I think it should need a wakeup call if the team wants to be a contender.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #14
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
If we don't get it together soon look for Gibbs to pull JC for Collins or even his "buddy". Not saying I agree with it, but knowing past history he might yank JC.
Oh boy here we go again

JC is not going to be yanked.

Sorry but that's just a dumb thought.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:08 PM   #15
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowell View Post
That is ridiculous. Why would Gibbs pull JC? I think he played fine, we just didn't have good play calling and we couldn't get our defense off the field.
So should the Broncos bench Cutler cause he had a bad game today? C'mon, remember these guys are young! This is a team effort, you knew it was going to be a bad day when Suisham missed the 39 yard field goal, Carlos Rogers whiffed on the Plexiglas tackle that he scored on and so on....
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote