Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

peter king what a small scrotsac he is.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-20-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
redskinsfanatic

Angry peter king what a small scrotsac he is.

hear him on inside the nfl?"next year if the giants,browns,and REDSKINS want to go after bill cowher,it will cost them 8 million dollars."i do'nt expect gibbs to retire or get the ax,so WTF was that all about?i'm really starting to hate that big fat pigeyed sack of shit.
redskinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-20-2007, 11:09 AM   #2
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Re: peter king what a small scrotsac he is.

And you really feel how again?

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #3
freddyg12
Playmaker

Based on Snyder's past hirings, you certainly couldn't rule Cowher out. I can't blame King for throwing out the possibility.

However, Snyder will be in a serious bind if the team tanks this year. It doesn't look like that so far, but if we were to have another losing year, what would Gibbs' future here be? I would think that the two of them would work it out so Gibbs could leave gracefully as Spurrier did.

Granted, I hate to think that would happen. The ideal scenario (other than SB victory of course) is that we have a winning year, Gibbs is signed to a 1 yr. extension & comes back to coach a year before handing the reigns to GW & working as Team Prez. Remember GW's contract stipulates he gets a 1mil bonus if someone else is hired as head coach. That doesn't mean the Danny wouldn't hire somebody else, but I think if Gibbs is here as Team pres. he would lobby for GW.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #4
freddyg12
Playmaker

btw, I just can't picture Cowher here. Wouldnt' want him here either, though he's a proven coach.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:27 AM   #5
saden1
MVP

Cowher is a good coach, certainly better than most out there but lets not make him out to be more than he is. I would rather have GW or Saunders get the job and have the same play-book for the next few years.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
Schneed10
A Dude

Gibbs is only in his 4th year, it's kind of silly for King (and others) to think it's even a possibility that Gibbs bows out after this season.

I'm speculating here, but I think it's a good possibility that Gibbs extends and keeps coaching us after 2009.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:36 AM   #7
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Gibbs is only in his 4th year, it's kind of silly for King (and others) to think it's even a possibility that Gibbs bows out after this season.

I'm speculating here, but I think it's a good possibility that Gibbs extends and keeps coaching us after 2009.

If he wins the SB I'm pretty sure he'll bow out.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:39 AM   #8
BrudLee
Playmaker

There are two teams that could conceivably have the inside track on Cowher: Carolina (his home state) and the Browns (the team he played for). They are the teams that have a chance at going below the price tag King mentioned.

My question is this: If you want to put the Redskins on the list of teams that might hire Cowher, why not the Cowboys? After all, Wade Phillips (who might be a great guy, for all I know) doesn't have the coaching pedigree of Cowher. So what if the Cowboys are undefeated. Aren't the Redskins as well?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #9
#56fanatic
The Starter

what is wrong with some people here. It has been widely speculated that IF (big if!) Joe decides this is his last year we would go after Cowher. The only way Joe isn't here is if he decides not to be. As far as not wanting Cowher, why not. He is a winning coach. He won year after year in Pittsburg. He seems to be our style of coach, run first, play good D. Seems like he would be able to step in and win with the players that are here, without having to go through a rebuilding period.

IF Joe decides to leave, you would rather have an unproven offensive coordinator, or a defensive coordinator over a proven winning head coach?? I just dont understand that one. Cowher brings stability, someone who would stand up to Snyder/Vinny (as Joe does). do you think either of the two assistants we have now have the back bone, or resume to stand up to those two? I dont. Do you think the players would respect them as much as Cowher and do what is asked? I do, to a certain degree, but Cowher bring a championship to the table, multiple playoff appearances and wins. I will take what ever coach(s) that will bring stability and wins and multiple winning season, no just 1 every 4 or 5 years.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #10
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
what is wrong with some people here. It has been widely speculated that IF (big if!) Joe decides this is his last year we would go after Cowher. The only way Joe isn't here is if he decides not to be. As far as not wanting Cowher, why not. He is a winning coach. He won year after year in Pittsburg. He seems to be our style of coach, run first, play good D. Seems like he would be able to step in and win with the players that are here, without having to go through a rebuilding period.

IF Joe decides to leave, you would rather have an unproven offensive coordinator, or a defensive coordinator over a proven winning head coach?? I just dont understand that one. Cowher brings stability, someone who would stand up to Snyder/Vinny (as Joe does). do you think either of the two assistants we have now have the back bone, or resume to stand up to those two? I dont. Do you think the players would respect them as much as Cowher and do what is asked? I do, to a certain degree, but Cowher bring a championship to the table, multiple playoff appearances and wins. I will take what ever coach(s) that will bring stability and wins and multiple winning season, no just 1 every 4 or 5 years.
Good points except - "Cowher brings stability." Getting a new head coach from outside the organization doesn't bring stability, unless you're talking long-term. And who knows if Cowher would stay long -term, he might just want to get paid like players do here.

I think GW & AS staying here would be stability. GW deserves another chance as a head coach in the nfl & he certainly has the personality to take the job on.

Let's hope Gibbs does well & goes out on a high note - 4th SB win!
Old 09-20-2007, 11:49 AM   #11
BrudLee
Playmaker

Quote:

How would bringing in someone who has never worked here, with any of the assistants, bring "stability"? If Gibbs decided to step down after this year, I'd imagine that for the sake of stability you'd hire Williams. To me stability isn't the only concern, and you'd want to explore the best hire - which Cowher might just be (in our little hypothetical). But "stability" and hiring the most expensive guy with no ties to the current staff or organization are mutually exclusive.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:58 AM   #12
#56fanatic
The Starter

maybe I should have been clearer. Going outside of the organization is not a big deal to me when it comes to Cowher. I think he is a way better coach than GW or AS. I would imagine all would agree with that. With stability I mean that he was the man in Pittsburg for what 12-15 years? A history of winning. In no way am i saying GW doesn't deserve another shot at coaching, or AS for that matter (it would be his first, i think) My personal opinion is I would rather have Cowher than GW or AS. I see AS like a Norv Turner, great offensive mind, but not head coach material. I have nothing to base that on, but that is my vibe. GW on the other hand was not a very good coach in buffalo, that may be more to do with what he was working with there, but to me he is the same type of coach just on the other side of the ball.
either way I hope Joe stays next year and we wont have to worry about this for a while. Joe is the MAN!!
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:23 PM   #13
70Chip
Playmaker

I'm going on reord now and for all time as oppossed to bringing in Bill Cowher.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:53 PM   #14
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
maybe I should have been clearer. Going outside of the organization is not a big deal to me when it comes to Cowher. I think he is a way better coach than GW or AS. I would imagine all would agree with that. With stability I mean that he was the man in Pittsburg for what 12-15 years? A history of winning. In no way am i saying GW doesn't deserve another shot at coaching, or AS for that matter (it would be his first, i think) My personal opinion is I would rather have Cowher than GW or AS. I see AS like a Norv Turner, great offensive mind, but not head coach material. I have nothing to base that on, but that is my vibe. GW on the other hand was not a very good coach in buffalo, that may be more to do with what he was working with there, but to me he is the same type of coach just on the other side of the ball.
either way I hope Joe stays next year and we wont have to worry about this for a while. Joe is the MAN!!
GW didn't win in buffalo but had some great defenses. Who has won in Buffalo lately? Wade Phillips was the last I remember.

GW is probably too critical at times to be a good head coach, but w/age & maturity plus learning from Gibbs, I believe he will change. He will get another chance somewhere, why not here?
Old 09-20-2007, 01:13 PM   #15
irish
Playmaker

If/when the time comes for the Skins to hire a new coach I'd love to see them find a young guy like Tomlin instead of always rolling out these old retreads that will only stick around for a few years.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote