Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Throw Kurt Busch out of NASCAR

Other Sports

Old 06-06-2007, 07:19 AM   #1
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Throw Kurt Busch out of NASCAR

What a jerk. The guy has been driving like an idiot for this last year and this season the guy is out of control. He's driving around wrecking folks and even wrecked his own brother.

This last week he wrecked Tony Stewart in the #20 JGR car. Then the guy slams his car into the #20 while parked on Pit Row almost injuring a front tire changer and others.

NASCAR made him park his car the rest of the race but should suspend him a handful of races, multi-hundreds of thousand dollars and enough owner points to kill any chance of a chase position. Heck make his stupid a$$ sit out the rest of the season for all I care.

NASCAR.COM - Cross' Words: Dover - Jun 5, 2007

Advertisements
Old 06-06-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
dmek25
MVP

Re: Throw Kurt Busch out of NASCAR

this is what keeps it interesting. its ok when Tony Stewart does the same thing?
Old 06-06-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

(While I'm a Tony Stewart fan, I'll try to keep this as unbiased as possible)

Until Kurt entered pit row, this was just a case of 2 drivers trying to race. Kurt felt Tony should have given way and wrecked him, while Tony thought he wasn't clear, so shouldn't get the spot. That's racing. Happens every race. Guys spin each other out all the time...

What Kurt did was inexcusable. If he's out on the track where it's him and Tony and wants to pull that stuff, fine. In fact, I wouldn't expect anything less. But by doing it in pit road, with pitcrews running around, he put other people in danger, and that's not right. It was plain stupid. However, I don't see him sitting out any races. Fines, driver and owner points, definitely, but NASCAR would be walking a very tight line if they had him sit.

And not to say Tony hasn't done anything stupid in his career...because he's certainly no saint. But Kurt was in the wrong by pulling a stunt like that.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
FRPLG
MVP

Busch is a douche bag. While Tony is a bit of a whiner he still has a sense of likability to him. Neither of the Busch brothers seem like a guy you could sit down with and drink a beer. In fact I am pretty sure they both own plaid shorts and pink shirts with the collars popped. I hate them and so do many NASCAR fans.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #5
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Busch is a douche bag. While Tony is a bit of a whiner he still has a sense of likability to him. Neither of the Busch brothers seem like a guy you could sit down with and drink a beer. In fact I am pretty sure they both own plaid shorts and pink shirts with the collars popped. I hate them and so do many NASCAR fans.
Kurt Busch is ok, his brother not so much. Unfortunately for Kurt, most people can't separate the two of them. But Kurt will get penalized for Dover, and deservedly so.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:57 AM   #6
FRPLG
MVP

I seem to remember that Kurt was pretty disliked before Kyle ever came on to the scene.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Kurt Busch is ok, his brother not so much. Unfortunately for Kurt, most people can't separate the two of them. But Kurt will get penalized for Dover, and deservedly so.
Well, Tony doesn't seem to mind Lil Busch...
NASCAR.COM - Stewart's crew smoking after pit hazard with Busch - Jun 5, 2007
Quote:
"You don't see me have problems with Mark Martin or the guys who run up front every week. It's Kurt Busch and a select other few that do that. His brother [Kyle] figured it out and his brother and I get along great.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
Old 06-08-2007, 07:34 AM   #8
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Quote:
UPDATE 4: hearing Busch will be suspended for one race AND hearing the #2 Dodge, even after the accident, failed post race inspection and could face a fine/penalty for that infraction, being a COT, it could be substantial.(6-8-2007)
I hope they hammer him.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #9
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

He's the Paris Hylton of NASCAR it seems.

100 Driver points and $100,000 fine and probation till Dec is all he got. What a joke.

NASCAR.COM - Kurt Busch penalized due to Dover pit-road infraction - Jun 8, 2007
Old 06-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #10
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan View Post
He's the Paris Hylton of NASCAR it seems.

100 Driver points and $100,000 fine and probation till Dec is all he got. What a joke.

NASCAR.COM - Kurt Busch penalized due to Dover pit-road infraction - Jun 8, 2007
This is what is so stupid right now in NASCAR. Junior's crew chief got benched for 6 races for using spolier brackets that provided no competitive adavantge while this super douche almost kills someone out of aggressive negligence and doesn't get suspended.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #11
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Kurt Busch was pretty good lastnight on Fast Cars & Superstars...
Old 06-11-2007, 11:28 PM   #12
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
What a jerk. The guy has been driving like an idiot for this last year and this season the guy is out of control. He's driving around wrecking folks and even wrecked his own brother.

This last week he wrecked Tony Stewart in the #20 JGR car. Then the guy slams his car into the #20 while parked on Pit Row almost injuring a front tire changer and others.

NASCAR made him park his car the rest of the race but should suspend him a handful of races, multi-hundreds of thousand dollars and enough owner points to kill any chance of a chase position. Heck make his stupid a$$ sit out the rest of the season for all I care.

NASCAR.COM - Cross' Words: Dover - Jun 5, 2007
If you're gonna complain about Busch, you need to complain about Stewart too.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:54 AM   #13
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
If you're gonna complain about Busch, you need to complain about Stewart too.
No, I don't.

This is not a "I like" or "I dislike" thread this is a Kurt Busch almost killed someone thread.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #14
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
No, I don't.

This is not a "I like" or "I dislike" thread this is a Kurt Busch almost killed someone thread.
Stewart has caused SEVERAL wrecks with his wreckless driving. (funny how that works...he is wreckless, therefore he causes wrecks.) So if you're going to complain about 1, you need to complain about another. Also, Juan Pablo Montoya needs to be mentioned as well.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #15
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

I understand you don't like Stewart, but Jeff Gordon is no saint behind the wheel either. There's a reason why fans and drivers alike either love or hate Gordon. He's a helluva driver, but he doesn't get a pass as the cleanest driver out there.

But, that's how racing is. No one is just going to pussyfoot around and let other guys pass them willy-nilly. These guys nose it out week in and week out. And occasionally wrecks happen...that's part of the sport. Emotions run wild, and will get the best from time to time. Stewart, Gordon, Junior, Kenseth...they've all done stupid shit on the track.

SBF's point is Kurt Busch took it too far. He could have just as easily waited until Tony got back out on the track to let him know he didn't like what was going on, but he decided to wait until Tony was at the most vulnerable. That is more wreckless than anything done on the race track to get an edge.