Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

lebron, WOW

Other Sports

Old 06-01-2007, 08:25 AM   #1
dmek25
MVP

lebron, WOW

i know alot of you guys don't like Lebron James. with that out of the way, anyone watch last nights game? Lebron made just about every kind of shot imaginable. and carried Cleveland to the win. anyone think any of Cleveland other starters could start for any other team? what a bunch of scrubs. and i know smootsmack will argue about Larry Hughes, but me being a sixer fan, think Hughes is a big bust. all i have to say about Lebon is wow. and what a cheap ass foul by Mcdyess. usually a stand up guy, but needs to be suspended for that cheap play.

Advertisements
Old 06-01-2007, 08:37 AM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: lebron, WOW

Why would say I'd argue about Larry Hughes? He has all the talent in the world but he has yet to show in his entire career that he can stay healthy, and he is not a good complement to LeBron. The Wizards are much better off without him

As for Bron Bron, I don't understand the hate toward him. Actually, I do. It's that whole "we enjoy seeing successful guys fail" mentality. But he's a great player (improving each season), he has no personal/legal issues off the court, and the NBA is better off with people like him serving as the game's ambassador.

I'm not a fan per se of James or the Cavaliers, but I certainly appreciate his talents and what they're doing. Of course, all that said I still believe with a healthy Caron and Arenas the Wizards would have beaten the Cavs in the first round.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
12thMan
MVP

As stated by the announcers, that was a very Jordanesque performance. The kid was amazaing....amazing. They will be talking about this one for a long, long time.

That being said, I think Cleveland just snatched the rug from under Detroit and will go on to face the Spurs in the championship.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #4
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Personally, I can't stand Lebron because of the Wizards-Cavs series from last season.
We won two games in the final seconds after blatantly traveling along the baseline, and yet he still has the nerve to bitch about every single call that goes against him.
Granted, I should probably hate the refs more for letting him get away with that kind of crap, but my opinion of most of them is already low enough.I really feel like Lebron is just a big baby with a tremendous sense of entitlement because people have been calling him "King James" since he was 14.
He's a spoiled brat (albeit a very good player) and I love to see him fail.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:53 AM   #5
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
That being said, I think Cleveland just snatched the rug from under Detroit and will go on to face the Spurs in the championship.
I guess the Spurs should just break out the brooms now.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:58 AM   #6
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I don't know, dude. If Cleveland gets pass Detroit....I think this series goes six games.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:58 AM   #7
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Agreed, the Spurs will wipe the floor with the Cavs.

Everyone's ready to anoint LeBron as the next great thing, and he may be. But let's not forget Tim Duncan is well on his way to a 4th title. He's unassuming, and definitely not flashy, but HE's the one we should be talking about as attempting to challenge Michael Jordan for best player ever status.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:06 AM   #8
12thMan
MVP

Duncan is great but let's not annoint them champs just yet.

Cleveland will be wise to take a couple pages from Utah's book. I think if Gibson can get going from the arc like Deron Williams did against the Spurs, Cleveland has a chance.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #9
dmek25
MVP

smootsmack, i just thought with the wizards connection you would have some good things to say about Hughes. i am also one not to follow the hype, usually. but with Lebrons ability, personality, and just the way he handles himself, I'm a fan
Old 06-01-2007, 09:50 AM   #10
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
smootsmack, i just thought with the wizards connection you would have some good things to say about Hughes. i am also one not to follow the hype, usually. but with Lebrons ability, personality, and just the way he handles himself, I'm a fan
Give me some more credit than that. I am aware of the strengths and weaknesses of various teams, including (perhaps especially) my favorite teams. Just because I choose not to piss all over the Redskins (or Wizards in this case) at every opportunity like some here are apt to do, doesn't mean I'm blind to certain realities.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:51 AM   #11
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
Do you mean the way he handles himself on the court? That's probably the biggest reason that I can't stand him.

If he misses a shot with a defender within 5' of him he'll bitch at the ref the whole way down the court saying that he was fouled. If me makes a shot and a defender is within 5' of him he'll bitch at the ref the whole way down the court saying that he was fouled.
God forbid he actually gets called for travelling (which he does a lot), because the few times that he has been called for it he reacts like his mom just took the keys to his Ferrari from him.
On numerous occasions I've seen him hold the ball while arguing with the refs about a call; he's even gone so far as to walk way from them with the ball still in his hands. If a normal player pulled something like that they'd get T'd up in a hot second but since the league already anointed him their most important player nothing ever seems to happen to him.

I understand that the NBA has been giving preferential treatment to its superstars for years but I really feel like (up until this season) he hasn't really done anything to deserve that.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:59 AM   #12
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Well, for one thing what about when LeBron does get fouled and there's no call? Such as just the other day when Rip was all over him.

I think the whole notion that he complains all the time is way overblown. Yes he argues calls, who doesn't. But I don't think he's much worse than anyone else. But because of who he is, a big deal is made out of it. When Daniel Gibson complains about a call, does anyone care?
Old 06-01-2007, 10:08 AM   #13
MTK
\m/

Do you guys like anybody in the NBA?

Is there a consensus "good guy" that everyone generally likes?
Old 06-01-2007, 10:11 AM   #14
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

You're right, everyone does argue calls. I think it's funny that they had the crack down on the histrionics at the beginning of the season but then stopped around Christmas.
Lebron just seems to piss me off more than most players when he does it because I feel like he gets away with much more than someone like Gibson would because of who he is, or rather who he's supposed to become.
Everytime I see him walk down the court with his arms stretched out, the ball in one hand, and his jaw half way to the floor because he was called for a walk I pray that the ref will actually grow some balls and T him up, but it never happens. You can't show up the refs like that!
When he pulls that crap it looks like he's doing a Harlem Globetrotters routine or something. I can't wait for the day when Dick Bravetta tries to chase after him but ends up falling because Drew Gooden secretly tied his shoe laces together while Lebron had him distracted.

Ok, new subject. Scroll down to #1 in this Bill Simmons' article for some good Lebron analysis.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:15 AM   #15
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well, for one thing what about when LeBron does get fouled and there's no call? Such as just the other day when Rip was all over him.
To be honest I didn't see the game. In fact, I've barely watched any of this round and I really doubt I'll watch the Finals.
I do understand that you're going to get pissed and complain if you're legitimately getting fouled up and down the court and the refs aren't calling it. I just hate it when that seems to turn into a player's default excuse for every shot that he misses.