Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Out Of These Players Who Will Step Up Ther Game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-05-2004, 02:05 PM   #1
jasonskin
Special Teams

Out Of These Players Who Will Step Up Ther Game

What one of these players will do better this year.
1 WR Darnerien McCants
2 WR Taylor Jacods
3 WR James Thrash
4 RB Ladell Betts
5 RB/FB Rock Cartwright
6 OG Derrick Dackery
7 C Cory Raymer
8 DE Renaldo Wynn
9 DE Regan Upshaw
10 DT Jermaine Haley
11 CB Rashad Bauman
12 MLD Kevin Mitchell
jasonskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-05-2004, 02:11 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think Dockery and Jacobs. Dockery will starting to come around at the end of last season and Jacobs should finally be healthy
Old 05-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #3
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

I agree with Smoot, those two are the youngest and didnt prove much last year so they only have room to go up. Jacobs is essentially still a rookie, and Dockery went from being horrible to being decent.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:19 PM   #4
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

I think it's likely that Jacobs and McCants will step up. Both seem to have caught the eye of Gibbs and JoeCrisp was saying some really good stuff about Taylor after the first minicamp.

As for the rest, God knows - I am pulling for Rock just b/c I think every football team should have someone named "Rock" or "Tank" on the team.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:25 PM   #5
Jamaican'Skin
The Starter

Honestly, I think all of them will. With Gibbs, there's no where to go but up.
Jamaican'Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:25 PM   #6
offiss

Jacob's, bett's, and haley.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:43 PM   #7
joecrisp
The Starter

Definitely McCants, Jacobs and Dockery. Those three figure to be significant contributors to the offensive side of the ball. Dockery should become a nasty Hog under Bugel, and I wouldn't be surprised to see McCants or Jacobs wind up with 1,000 yards receiving in the next year or two. Either one of those guys could supplant Gardner as the #2 wideout by mid-season-- if not sooner.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:11 PM   #8
Hogskin
Impact Rookie

McCants and Dockery. Look for McCants to be the #2 WR by week 4, if not at the start of the season. Gibbs loves this guy, and will very quickly tire of Gardner's drops in key situations.
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:14 PM   #9
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrisp
...McCants or Jacobs wind up with 1,000 yards receiving in the next year or two. Either one of those guys could supplant Gardner as the #2 wideout by mid-season-- if not sooner.
Why is there so much hate for Gardner? Everyone is willing to give Samuels a second chance after two bad seasons. Remember how many times Jansen jumped offsides and at times looked like a rookie last year? Up to now, Ladell Betts and Taylor Jacobs have been a waste of a high draft pick. Dockery did not look good early on and never really looked great.
I think our entire team (except for Champ Bailey) did not play well on a consistent basis. Even L. Coles and P. Ramsey, who came out great, fizzled and sputtered as the year went on.
Most of the blame has to go to S. Spurrier and his system.
Right before Spurriers first year, many football experts were saying Spurriers system does not lend itself to big possesion receivers like Gardner. Why are we suprised he did not look good?
I am willing hold back my dislike for Taylor Jacobs and Ladell Betts. I will give them a second and third chance (respectively) to prove they are not busts, if you folks give Gardner just as much of a fair chance.....

Last edited by Defensewins; 05-05-2004 at 04:19 PM.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:17 PM   #10
Hogskin
Impact Rookie

Joecrisp - just saw YOUR post - looks like we are pretty much on the same page on this one.

John Shaffer
National Fantasy Sports Leagues, Inc.
Home of "The Best Game In Town."
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:44 PM   #11
BrudLee
Playmaker

Since there has been talk of McCants seeing action at H-back in some formations, I'd expect his numbers to get a lot of attention. Dockery may see a lot of action, but until he shows Bugel what he's got, I hesitate to place him up near the top.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:55 PM   #12
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Jacobs, Cartright and Wynn I expect to see upped performance out of!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:59 PM   #13
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

i know i don't have too many problems with gardner, but he has yet to live up to his potential. if he can do that then he will secure his #2 spot, but i see someone moving up and taking it from him possibly as early as the season opener. and while i like mccants, he just doesn't pop out at me as someone who can become a consistent #2 wr. he's an incredible redzone target and maybe a chain mover but not a game breaker. I know we haven't seen much of jacobs yet, but from everything i saw of him in college and in last years training camp, plus the fact he added about 10-15 pounds of muscle in the off season, i think he has a pretty good shot at stealing the #2 spot and i think thrash could be a sleeper pick to put up decent #s since he's back to the more comfortable role of not being the main target.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:02 PM   #14
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru
i know i don't have too many problems with gardner, but he has yet to live up to his potential. if he can do that then he will secure his #2 spot, but i see someone moving up and taking it from him possibly as early as the season opener. and while i like mccants, he just doesn't pop out at me as someone who can become a consistent #2 wr. he's an incredible redzone target and maybe a chain mover but not a game breaker. I know we haven't seen much of jacobs yet, but from everything i saw of him in college and in last years training camp, plus the fact he added about 10-15 pounds of muscle in the off season, i think he has a pretty good shot at stealing the #2 spot and i think thrash could be a sleeper pick to put up decent #s since he's back to the more comfortable role of not being the main target.
I think that's pretty much a dead-on assessment. Though I think Gardner isn't going to give up that #2 spot without a fight
Old 05-05-2004, 05:39 PM   #15
squrrelco3
Special Teams

I think Gardner will step it up...he's done a good job keeping his mouth shut over the past few years and just rolling with the punches...he's taken alot of heat, some of it unjustified, and he's been a very quite, show up to work, "lunchpail" player...Gibbs likes people like that and I think some of the flak he's taken will light a fire under him to get him going...he'll work well in the Joe Gibbs system.
squrrelco3 is offline   Reply With Quote