Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Cowboys)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #76
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Cowboys)

[quote=firstdown;647100]1994 we did not win a divisional game.

I think we need to bring an end to this ganthers experiment.[/quote]

What would you have us do? We still have 1 game left. Honestly he's running better then Rock Cartwright. Mason....I might agree with you on. He's had his chance. I gave him more time then most on this site.

If he can get his blocking down he might turn out to be a great runner. Wait....I think I said that about Mason also. LOL. Maybe Shanahan with his infinite wisdom and newer updated blocking scheme will get more out of both of them. Plus Alridge.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #77
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
The team sucks period. You act like Sherm Lewis could turn things around for the long haul. You could have brought VInce Lombardi back via time machine and these bums would still suck. WE have very few bona fide stars on our team with Cooley hurt and Portis probably looking at possible early retirement. On top of that we have absolutely no depth at the skilled positions. Mr. Allen is going to blow this franchise up and start anew I think.
I think he keeps 5 guys on Offense and 7 on Defense...

1. Dockery
2. Devin Thomas
3. Fred Davis
4. M. Mitchell
5. C.Rabach

1.London Fletcher
2. AH
3. Orakpo
4. Hall
5. McIntosh
6. Horton
7. Landry (MAYBE)
Old 12-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #78
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
You know man I've been a DIEHARD skins fan my whole life.. And I can relate to what you just said.. I did watch the game because my inlaws are cowboys fans and I always watch these teams play, but I really didn't care that we were so bad, hell we have been bad for 15 years or so! I really don't know what to think about this team anymore, will the skins ever be back into the SB? I'm sure they will eventually but my god we have to rebuild yet again. I mean what happens if Shanny and Allen don't turn this around asap? How much more can US skins fans take of losing football?
It was the first Skins game I haven't watched in a long, long time. I had to be at this Xmas party, so I didn't have much of a choice anyway, but it simply didn't bother me at all that I was missing the game.

Bruce Allen is no Vinny Cerrato, thank god. Yeah, we're gonna have to rebuild, but it's better than spending an entire decade hanging on the notion that we're a player or two away. We'll be alright. I actually have faith now that Vinny is gone.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #79
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The only RB I would even consider is CJ Spiller
Old 12-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #80
GusFrerotte

Quote:
You know man I've been a DIEHARD skins fan my whole life.. And I can relate to what you just said.. I did watch the game because my inlaws are cowboys fans and I always watch these teams play, but I really didn't care that we were so bad, hell we have been bad for 15 years or so! I really don't know what to think about this team anymore, will the skins ever be back into the SB? I'm sure they will eventually but my god we have to rebuild yet again. I mean what happens if Shanny and Allen don't turn this around asap? How much more can US skins fans take of losing football?

Need to expand your horizon my friend. Keep the Skins as your fav, but start embracing the NHL. YOur Caps are a fine team. Unless they meet the Red Wings in the Cup, I cheer for the Caps and I am in Detroit. Face it, even if Bruce and Mike are successful, it might take 4 seasons to see the real results. In the meantime split the time with the Caps til that time comes. At least the Caps earn their money and show some pride!!!!!!!
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:19 PM   #81
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Hard to blame the offense for anything that happened yesterday. We're on the backups of the backups, and the defense for Dallas has been ballin' week in and week out since the first time we played them. If we were going to be in this game, we were going to have to try to win it 13-10, or 10-7 or something.

So with that said, only one smackdown for me.

The First Drive Quick change situation, and we need some sort of stop, at the very least, hold them to the field goal and see if we can't generate a big play off the kick return. Instead, we get a really poor effort, zero pass rush, poor gap responsibility, no interior line performance, and then Hall is covering no one on the TD pass. Even when Orakpo got close to a drive changing play, he couldn't seal the deal.

There were a lot of good things that the defense did in that game (excellent on short yardage, as usual), but ultimately, it's a unit that hasn't had much of an injury list all year. They strive for mediocre. It's just too pathetic an effort from a superior group of players.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #82
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:

1. Dockery
2. Devin Thomas
3. Fred Davis
4. M. Mitchell
5. C.Rabach

1.London Fletcher
2. AH
3. Orakpo
4. Hall
5. McIntosh
6. Horton
7. Landry (MAYBE)
Why would we keep so many of our worst players?
Old 12-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #83
GusFrerotte

Quote:

1. Dockery
2. Devin Thomas
3. Fred Davis
4. M. Mitchell
5. C.Rabach

1.London Fletcher
2. AH
3. Orakpo
4. Hall
5. McIntosh
6. Horton
7. Landry (MAYBE)

Good list Okie. Definitely keep the LBs. AH isn't going anywhere with that contract and he has produced enough to warrant him staying here. Orakpo never should have been placed at OLB, and he will be a beast in 2 seasons. Fletcher is the only guy that is a total gamer on D. McINtosh and Horton are solid. Marko still is a question mark, and Rabach is a keeper if not just for depth,as is Dockery.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #84
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
Don't explode ... I hear it hurts ? I agree with the OL , but .... we are probably 3 years away of being good = yr in & yr out .... so if we go BPA with one of our 1st 2 picks , I can live with that . I hope they sign 2 F/A OL as we need a guy or two that we KNOW can start from day one .
I'm....so....tired....of the same BS about us being just 1 or 2 picks away from a SB. 1 or 2 years away. I mean if we are finally going to do it right....finally going to get a GM (as we did) and finally going to build a front office like it's supposed to be done....and finally getting a whole new coaching staff, we might as well "Rebuild" the team.

Let the new staff build the team to their style. Instead of trying to put square pegs in round holes. Can they do what the Caps did....shed all their old dead wood and bring in new young healthy talent?
Old 12-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #85
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
First of all, I would put our needs as OT, QB, then RB.
Second of all, RB's can be found anywhere in the draft so don't worry, I have a feeling Shanahan will bring in a good RB here that doesn't have to be a 3rd rounder.
Well Shanahan could not talk enough about Alridge to DS. Apparently our coaching staff could not do anything with him but I'm betting Shanahan will know how to use him...which is why we picked him back up and put him on the PS.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #86
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Why would we keep so many of our worst players?

Still need depth GTripp. The offensive line sucks all around, but you have to keep some folks for depth. Landry is questionable, but the thing is still about depth.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #87
RMSkins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
im laying the smack-down on anyone that says the skins need to draft a quarterback, or best player available. if they don't draft anything but linemen, my head will explode. and if they bring any of the current guys back, except with the intention of using them as back ups, someone needs their head examined
You don't just take an o-lineman for the mere fact that we need one. You have to make sure it's a quality pick for where you're drafting and not reaching for a player just because he's an o-lineman.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #88
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Did you notice that Kareem Moore whiffed on at least 3 as well?

I think I can say I saw all the CB and Safties atleast once play Superman and try to fly right by the player with the ball.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #89
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'm....so....tired....of the same BS about us being just 1 or 2 picks away from a SB. 1 or 2 years away. I mean if we are finally going to do it right....finally going to get a GM (as we did) and finally going to build a front office like it's supposed to be done....and finally getting a whole new coaching staff, we might as well "Rebuild" the team.

Let the new staff build the team to their style. Instead of trying to put square pegs in round holes. Can they do what the Caps did....shed all their old dead wood and bring in new young healthy talent?
Even with everyone healthy we're still the 4th best team in the division. It's time to blow it up and start over. Next year should be all about rebuilding while trying to stay competitive.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #90
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post

I never said we were 1-2 picks from a SB , nor did I say we're close to a SB . I just hope we bring in some F/A OL so we can keep our qb alive next year .... Allen can cut most of the " stars " on 1-4-2010 for all I care ... I do not lose sleep over the Skins or any other team .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote