Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

f...gibbs

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:19 PM   #46
TampaDude
Camp Scrub

Re: f...gibbs

Yeah, it sucks...we should have won this game, but we're still on pace for 10-6...that's all I really expected at the beginning of the season. We'll be fine.

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2007, 10:31 PM   #47
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Maybe on this day the Giants just wanted it more,it was a hell of a good game.Relax it's a long season.

or the skins just didnt want it at all.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:34 PM   #48
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
or the skins just didnt want it at all.
I hope thats not true at all. If I was playing on a 2-0 team more than anything I'd wanna pick up that 3rd win.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:58 PM   #49
bertoskins2
Special Teams

see the problem lies on the disloyal banwagon fans who lost trust in gibbs while the season is still beggining
Old 09-23-2007, 11:13 PM   #50
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Dude you should be banned for using the F word on Gibbs. How quick we turn. If you are a true Redskin fan you remember 4 SB that Gibbs brought here, give the man a chance. He'll get it done, I guarantee it!!

Gibbs II has been a dismal failure so far dude, what are you going to say about that? Last SB was 15 years ago. You can't rest on past laurels in anything. I respect Coach Gibbs, but as the naysayers did say when he came back, the game is fundamentally different than when he won all of those SBs. Also, just look at our drafts and FA acquisitions since the Turner era. Most of them have been busts, and our drafts since the Spurrier era have sucked. Rocky has turned out to be a good solid pick, Rogers is ok, Blades might turn out to be solid, and JC is shaky at the moment. Other than those guys, the other picks were wastes of space. Never have we dealt with our most pressing need since the end of the Turner era, the pass rush. We got Landry at the expense of getting a top DE. Sure Landry looks like a ST clone, but we need to sack the qb so he doesn't even get a chance to pass. Our D made Eli look like a great QB, when he is only half the QB of his older brother. Our offense did OK in the first half today, but sucked the second half. Just OK is not going to get us to the playoffs. You think going to Foxboro, Tampa, Dallas, are going to end up wins for us playing like we did today? Hell the Jets might pull out a win against us if they get their qb situation under control if we keep playing like we did the second half. To be a champion you need to put teams away period, we can't do that yet. My question to you is what are you going to think of Gibbs if we do end up 6-10 or 7-9? No more MB to blame. The D is pretty tight, and we have on paper at least some nice WR's. Gibbs is going to have to take the heat sometime anyway.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:16 PM   #51
skinsfan0201
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Gibbs II has been a dismal failure so far dude, what are you going to say about that? Last SB was 15 years ago. You can't rest on past laurels in anything. I respect Coach Gibbs, but as the naysayers did say when he came back, the game is fundamentally different than when he won all of those SBs. Also, just look at our drafts and FA acquisitions since the Turner era. Most of them have been busts, and our drafts since the Spurrier era have sucked. Rocky has turned out to be a good solid pick, Rogers is ok, Blades might turn out to be solid, and JC is shaky at the moment. Other than those guys, the other picks were wastes of space. Never have we dealt with our most pressing need since the end of the Turner era, the pass rush. We got Landry at the expense of getting a top DE. Sure Landry looks like a ST clone, but we need to sack the qb so he doesn't even get a chance to pass. Our D made Eli look like a great QB, when he is only half the QB of his older brother. Our offense did OK in the first half today, but sucked the second half. Just OK is not going to get us to the playoffs. You think going to Foxboro, Tampa, Dallas, are going to end up wins for us playing like we did today? Hell the Jets might pull out a win against us if they get their qb situation under control if we keep playing like we did the second half. To be a champion you need to put teams away period, we can't do that yet. My question to you is what are you going to think of Gibbs if we do end up 6-10 or 7-9? No more MB to blame. The D is pretty tight, and we have on paper at least some nice WR's. Gibbs is going to have to take the heat sometime anyway.
one loss and here is the response
Old 09-23-2007, 11:17 PM   #52
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan0201 View Post
LOL yep, the season is done!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:23 PM   #53
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I say be patient, the puzzle pieces are in place. Injuries don't help and yes we are short on the DE position, we need someone to go after the QB. Gibbs in second year took this team to the playoffs with an over the hill QB who wore out in Seattle. Last year was a wash, yes I blame Gibbs for sticking with Brunnell a little too long. Campbell is only in his 10th game and shows very promising flashes. Talk to me at the end of the season. You and all the doubters will be kissing his behind. If he has a losing season, I'll still love the man. "Joe Gibbs is the Redskins". If Gibbs never came to Washington we would be just another pathetic franchise. Show some loyalty or go root for the Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, etc.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:27 PM   #54
twinskinsfan
Special Teams

Maybe Gibbs needed this shot to the groin so that in the future he will be more aggressive. And let the offensive cor. do his job.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #55
TampaDude
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
LOL yep, the season is done!
Yup...2-14 season...might as well pack it in now...
Old 09-23-2007, 11:32 PM   #56
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

The season will be done if we continue playing like we played in the second half tonight. You never know what you're gonna get with this team. There are no assurances that we are gonna fix these problems of ours.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:33 PM   #57
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan0201 View Post
Hey dumbass check out the overall record of Gibbs II and tell me if I am mistaken about dismal. A guy(guy who started the thread) is pissed about how the play calling blew the game and criticizes Gibbs about it and gets hammered. Gibbs isn't God and just because Gibbs I was phenomenal, doesn't assure us that Gibbs II will end up that way anyway. And where the hell did I say in my post the season is toast? The point of my post was to say the guy has a right, based on performance the past few seasons with regards to criticizing Gibbs. The part about going 6-10 or 7-9 was hypothetical you moron, not a prediction!!!!!! Read the friggin post again.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:39 PM   #58
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Ok everyone, are we Redskins fans or not? Then show it by not whining over one loss, everyone has a right to their opinion but to bash Gibbs... Maybe a new forum should be created for Redskins doubters.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:43 PM   #59
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I say be patient, the puzzle pieces are in place. Injuries don't help and yes we are short on the DE position, we need someone to go after the QB. Gibbs in second year took this team to the playoffs with an over the hill QB who wore out in Seattle. Last year was a wash, yes I blame Gibbs for sticking with Brunnell a little too long. Campbell is only in his 10th game and shows very promising flashes. Talk to me at the end of the season. You and all the doubters will be kissing his behind. If he has a losing season, I'll still love the man. "Joe Gibbs is the Redskins". If Gibbs never came to Washington we would be just another pathetic franchise. Show some loyalty or go root for the Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, etc.
Skins have a very nice history actually pre Gibbs, maybe no SB victories, but a proud tradition of making the playoffs and pre SB titles. I like Gibbs, but I think he isn't untouchable with regards to criticism. All HCs are criticized, even legends, that is my major point. Gibbs I never played it safe or throttled back for anything, why does Gibbs II have to?
Old 09-23-2007, 11:45 PM   #60
Redskin
Impact Rookie

Gussy wussy needs to take a chillaxin pillzors
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Closed Thread