Domestic terrorism

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-03-2015, 03:53 PM   #1
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Not really sure why some are so intent on rushing to judgment in this thread as to the motivation. Just let the investigation run its course and let all the facts come out.
How dare you try to confuse the issue with facts!
Old 12-03-2015, 07:16 PM   #2
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
How dare you try to confuse the issue with facts!
So ,it's full blown terrorism not just some wacko with a gun.....oh wait, so tell me what the difference is again? (SARCASM ALERT)

Can we stop everything , no we can't and I do understand that but can't we just make it harder for these people to do what they do ?
Old 12-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #3
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So ,it's full blown terrorism not just some wacko with a gun.....oh wait, so tell me what the difference is again? (SARCASM ALERT)

Can we stop everything , no we can't and I do understand that but can't we just make it harder for these people to do what they do ?
What are your thoughts on that issue?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Obama: US safe against ISIS attack - CNNPolitics.com

oh realllllly
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #5
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Unfortunately, the US is not safe against mass shooting. We can't have a grown up conversation about gun control because some people pay a lot of money to keep their toys.

ISIS doesn't need to attack the US, our stupid gun-totting population is already doing the job for them.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:54 PM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Unfortunately, the US is not safe against mass shooting. We can't have a grown up conversation about gun control because some people pay a lot of money to keep their toys.

ISIS doesn't need to attack the US, our stupid gun-totting population is already doing the job for them.
Or using Pressure Cookers like the Muslim boston bombers from Dagastan.

Are you saying ISIS needs to save their plane money and let our own Islamic terrorists kill us?
Old 12-03-2015, 04:14 PM   #7
Hijinx
The Starter

Quote:

Are you saying ISIS needs to save their plane money and let our own Islamic terrorists kill us?
Real quick, go look up the number of people killed by pressure cookers vs the number of people killed by guns. I'd imagine they are quite different.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:15 PM   #8
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

I think we have plenty of Christian terrorists (Planned Parenthood shootings) and heavily armed nuts (Sandy Hook, Aurora, etc., etc.) that cause plenty of terror in this country.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:25 AM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think we have plenty of Christian terrorists (Planned Parenthood shootings) and heavily armed nuts (Sandy Hook, Aurora, etc., etc.) that cause plenty of terror in this country.
So that nut was a Christian? Some part of a radical Christian group? Yeah that's not true or no investigation has proven it. That sounds like" well he is white and anti arbortion so he must be Christian" this logic doesn't make sense....

christian terrorists? Yeah, this is a well known terror movement or something I haven't heard about...I'm lost on your statement.

White folks who maybe anti abortion, anti government, or flat out racist like the kid in charleston doesn't mean they are some sort of violent pro-Christian movement.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:24 PM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

San Bernardino shooting: Gunman appears radicalized - CNN.com

Syed Rizwan Farook -- who along with his wife, Tashfeen Malik, carried out the San Bernardino shooting massacre -- apparently was radicalized and in touch with people being investigated by the FBI for international terrorism, law enforcement officials said Thursday.

Farook's apparent radicalization contributed to his role in the mass shooting of 14 people Wednesday during a holiday party for the San Bernardino County health department, where Farook worked, sources said.

Still, it wasn't necessarily the only driver behind the carnage, as workplace grievances may have also played a role. President Barack Obama hinted as much Thursday when he said that the attackers may have had "mixed motives."

David Bowditch, assistant director in charge of the FBI's Los Angeles office, told reporters Thursday that Farook had traveled to Pakistan.

And two government officials said no red flags were raised when he'd gone to Saudi Arabia for several weeks in 2013 on the Hajj, the annual pilgrimage to Mecca that Muslims are required to take at least once in their lifetime. It was during this trip that he met Malik, a native of Pakistan who came to the United States in July 2014 on a "fiancée visa" and later became a lawful permanent resident.

Officials had previously said neither Farook and Malik were known to the FBI or on a list of potentially radicalized people. Nor had they had any known interactions with police until Wednesday.

Yet Farook himself had talked by phone and on social media with more than one person being investigated for terrorism, law enforcement officials said.

The communications were "soft connections" in that they weren't frequent, one law enforcement official said. It had been a few months since Farook's last back-and-forth with these people, who officials said were not considered high priority.

Interesting, CNN spinning the contact with terrorist as "soft contact" and "work grievances" as split motives. We are good with soft contact with terrorists?

pay attention folks...media/government are making excuses all ready.

Were the same excuses made the nutcase in Colorado?

So workplace violence and gun laws will be the excuses and not Muslim terrorist?

You know, we need to probably arrest someone at the office for being too mean to this guy...
Old 12-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #11
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

France has a terrorist attack and they killed how many(130)? and what are their laws?

We have one that kills 14, and our gun laws are to blame?

Evil people wanting to do evil things will do them with pipe bombs, ied's, or planes.

We should be giving due recognition to the systems we have in place that repeatedly minimize the damage these types of evil acts attempt to inflict, instead of going for the happy happy joy joy solutions that far too often actually beget bad laws.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 04:23 PM   #12
Hijinx
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
France has a terrorist attack and they killed how many(130)? and what are their laws?

We have one that kills 14, and our gun laws are to blame?

Evil people wanting to do evil things will do them with pipe bombs, ied's, or planes.

We should be giving due recognition to the systems we have in place that repeatedly minimize the damage these types of evil acts attempt to inflict, instead of going for the happy happy joy joy solutions that far too often actually beget bad laws.
Most of the deaths in Paris were from the guns not the bombs. The guns were result of no border between France and countries with lax gun laws, not France's own laws. Just like many guns used in California crimes are the result of Nevada's non-existent gun laws.

Gun nuts love to point to Chicago and say that tough gun laws don't stop gun crime. That isn't because of Chicago's laws, it is because of other states' shitty laws. For example when I lived in Mississippi there were 3 pawns shops there that had sold the guns that were used in dozens of murders and at least 1 shot police officer.

Gun crime isn't caused by tough gun control laws it is allowed by weak gun control laws.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:47 PM   #13
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
Most of the deaths in Paris were from the guns not the bombs. The guns were result of no border between France and countries with lax gun laws, not France's own laws. Just like many guns used in California crimes are the result of Nevada's non-existent gun laws.

Gun nuts love to point to Chicago and say that tough gun laws don't stop gun crime. That isn't because of Chicago's laws, it is because of other states' shitty laws. For example when I lived in Mississippi there were 3 pawns shops there that had sold the guns that were used in dozens of murders and at least 1 shot police officer.

Gun crime isn't caused by tough gun control laws it is allowed by weak gun control laws.
look how well his type of philosophy has served us worked in the "War on drugs".........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:19 PM   #14
Hijinx
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
look how well his type of philosophy has served us worked in the "War on drugs".........
Drugs have a physiological and physical addiction, these make people crave them and thus willing to break the law to get them. Treatment is a much better option. Although GOP lawmakers do not wish to spend money of fighting addiction because they feel that it looks "weak on crime" and prefer to spend money on for profit prisons that kick money back to them as political contributions.

Guns only have physiological addictions. OH AND THERE IS THAT THING THAT DRUGS ONLY KILL PEOPLE WHO TAKE THEM, NOT OTHERS. The next time someone is killed by someone wielding a joint, your comparison may make sense.

Last edited by Hijinx; 12-03-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Hijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:55 PM   #15
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
Drugs have a physiological and physical addiction, these make people crave them and thus willing to break the law to get them. Treatment is a much better option. Although GOP lawmakers do not wish to spend money of fighting addiction because they feel that it looks "weak on crime" and prefer to spend money on for profit prisons that kick money back to them as political contributions.

Guns only have physiological addictions. OH AND THERE IS THAT THING THAT DRUGS ONLY KILL PEOPLE WHO TAKE THEM, NOT OTHERS. The next time someone is killed by someone welding a joint, your comparison may make sense.
Well if you take an arc welder to someone's joints you are going to maim them at the very least.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote