Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

trent williams turning over a new leaf?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #46
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Re: trent williams turning over a new leaf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
because half the college players smokes coming into the league
You know this to be true or are you just assuming so to support the use of Marijuana? I mean, me personally, I don't care either way. I don't use the stuff, can't stand the odor of it for one thing. But, realistically, the NFL would never lift the ban on pot, and I seriously doubt this would be an issue the players union would strongly champion.

/Side note...thinking about it, I'm not sure if there's any current players who are endorsed by beer companies. I've seen retired coaches on beer commercials, but no current players that I'm aware of. I might be wrong on that, but none come to mind currently. With that said, I'd think the NFL would probably feel it would be in its best interest to not condone its players to smoke pot.

Advertisements
Old 05-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #47
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I heard on TheFan that Shanny has put in place a strict team policy to ensure the incident between Trent Williams and Fred Davis doesn't happen again. He sounded very confident that they've cleaned up their act, so much that they decided to franchise Fred Davis without reservation. Shanny seemed unfazed by the possibility that David and Trent could get booted from the league, saying he went through something similar with players in Denver there were no repeat offenders.

Naming Philip Daniels as Director of Player Development was also step in that direction.
Ditto on the Daniels job. If the first part is accurate and the doobie duo are on track for good, kudos to Mike and the FO for their handling of the situation.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #48
The Goat
Pro Bowl

When marijuana is legalized the league will maintain the ban-language but never test for it, because yes, many people enjoy the herb...many.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #49
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
When marijuana is legalized the league will maintain the ban-language but never test for it, because yes, many people enjoy the herb...many.
i hope that's true. no major proven side effects for adult users, safer than drinking beer or eating junk food.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:30 AM   #50
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Thc is stores in fat cells. The length that pot stays in your system is dependent upon how much water you drink, how much you sweat, and some other factors. A professional athlete who is working out and working on his craft should be able to get pot out of their urine in the matter of a couple of weeks. It is also dependent on how much you smoke. If he only smoked a joint then in reality it should not take 30 days to get it out of your system. If you are daily smoker it can take 30-45 days. BUT like I said before an athlete who has quit should be able to get their system clean quicker. Just my 2 cents.
As a person who went to boarding school...I got this topic. The very best urine tests max out at around 21 days (average is around 7) for even the heaviest of pot smokers with the worst metabolisms. There are other ways to test (like hair) that can pick up traces that have been there for months.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #51
los panda
Pro Bowl

i have no idea how long it would show in saliva or in blood
Old 05-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #52
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Turning over a new leaf. Lol, I see what you did there. Lol.

Marijuana only lasts approximately 2 wks in your system. I'd have to look it up again because I haven't dealt with those much but the stronger drugs if I'm not mistaken usually doesn't even last that long. As another example the date rape drug stays I the system only 24 to 48 hrs which is why they encourage women to go to the hospital immediately if they think they might have been drugged.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #53
firstdown
Living Legend

All this talk about NFL players using drugs in the NFL brings back some great memories of Dexter. He had his best games while snorting coke. They didn't hand him gatoraid they handed him a mirror and a straw and sent him back out on the field. I think I even saw him trying to snort the 50 yard line once.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #54
SBXVII
Franchise Player

This is what I found for drugs staying in your system:

Quote:
Alcohol - 3-5 days in urine (eTg), up to 90 in hair and around 10 - 12 hours in blood.

Amphetamines - 1 to 3 days in urine, up to 90 in hair and around 12 hours in blood.

MDMA (Ecstasy) 3-4 days in urine, up to 90 in hair and 1 - 2 days in blood.

Barbiturates - 2 to 4 days in urine, up to 90 in hair and 1 to 2 days in blood.

Phenobarbital - 2 to 3 weeks in urine, up to 90 in hair and up to a week in blood.

Benzodiazapines - 3 to 6 weeks in urine, up to 90 in hair and 2 - 3 days in blood.

Marijuana - 7 to 30 days in urine, up to 90 days in hair, two weeks in blood.
Methamphetamine (crystal) - 3 to 6 days in urine, up 90 in hair, 24 - 72 hours in blood.

Cocaine - 3 to 4 days in urine, up to 90 days in hair, 1 - 2 days in blood.

Codeine - 1 day in urine, up to 90 days in hair, 12 hours in blood.

Fentanyl - 1 day in urine, up to 90 days in hair, 4 hours in blood.

Morphine - 2 -3 days in urine, up to 90 in hair, 6 - 8 hours in blood.

Heroin - 3 to 4 days in urine, up to 90 in hair, up to 12 hours in blood.

LSD - 1 to 3 days in urine, up to 3 days in hair, 2 - 3 hours in blood.
Methadone - 3 - 4 days in urine, up to 90 in hair, 24 - 36 hours in blood.

PCP - up to 30 days in urine, up to 90 days in hair, 2 - 4 days in blood.

Dilaudid - 2 to 3 days in urine, up to 90 days in hair, up to 22 hours in blood.

Suboxone - 2 - 5 days in urine, up to 90 days in hair, up to 3 days in blood.

Read more: How long do drugs stay in your system
However there also was the answer that if using marijuana every day for an extended period then suddenly stop, yes the drug will stay in your system for about 30-40 days. The other drugs will be in your system longer as well. presumably because you have built it up in your system.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #55
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Also for those who like to drink and drive... the AA meetings are now urine testing their clients to see if they have drank anything. I always thought they did it to see if you had just before the meeting but looking above it makes sense that they are seeing if you have had at all since it stays in your system 3-5 days. and that is a violation which will get you kicked out of the AA class... and back into court as a violation of your sentence.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #56
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
All this talk about NFL players using drugs in the NFL brings back some great memories of Dexter. He had his best games while snorting coke. They didn't hand him gatoraid they handed him a mirror and a straw and sent him back out on the field. I think I even saw him trying to snort the 50 yard line once.
ROTFL!!!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #57
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Also for those who like to drink and drive... the AA meetings are now urine testing their clients to see if they have drank anything. I always thought they did it to see if you had just before the meeting but looking above it makes sense that they are seeing if you have had at all since it stays in your system 3-5 days. and that is a violation which will get you kicked out of the AA class... and back into court as a violation of your sentence.
aa clients?!? do you mean drug/alcohol education programs? or drug/alcohol counseling programs?

i took this test this past thursday. i had never seen, let alone taken, a saliva test before. it was cool to watch the results appear almost instantly
Old 05-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #58
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I wonder how many combined games LT and Dexter played coked up??? Id set the over/under at 50?????

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #59
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
I wonder how many combined games LT and Dexter played coked up??? Id set the over/under at 50?????
I did a double-take here. My first reading had me "translate" LT into LaDanian Tomlinson and I had never heard or read anything to make me think he was a druggie.

Then I focused on the "original LT" and now that I have Dexter and the "original LT" in mind, I'll take OVER.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #60
los panda
Pro Bowl

in their day, was coke frowned upon, or was it more acceptable? (thinking more from a teammates perspective)