Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Quarterback

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #31
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Re: Quarterback

In the latest NFC east huddle on ESPN John Clayton reports that in a uncapped year with Campbell as a RFA he believed Campbell will be tendered with a 1st and 3rd compensation set up as I stated earlier.

Washington Redskins News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - NFL - ESPN

Advertisements
Old 12-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #32
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
if he is tendered a contract, does that guarantee him a certain pay? or is just if someone signs an offer sheet?
Don't quote me on this dmek, you may have to ask our cap guru.

Acording to reports there will be four different tender offers for RFA's for 2009.

Low Tender - Right of first refusal & origional draft pick $1.01 mil

Middle Tender - Right of first refusal & 2nd round pick $1.545 mil.

High Tender - Right of first refusal & 1st round pick $2.198 mil.

Highest Tender - Right of first refusal 1st & 3rd round picks $2.792 mil
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #33
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Don't quote me on this dmek, you may have to ask our cap guru.

Acording to reports there will be four different tender offers for RFA's for 2009.

Low Tender - Right of first refusal & origional draft pick $1.01 mil

Middle Tender - Right of first refusal & 2nd round pick $1.545 mil.

High Tender - Right of first refusal & 1st round pick $2.198 mil.

Highest Tender - Right of first refusal 1st & 3rd round picks $2.792 mil
The other thing is: Campbell can't be tendered at a level less than 120% of his 2009 salary.

120% of this year's salary is $3.43 million. Whatever the RFA tenders end up being next year, we have to offer him at least that much. So it looks like any team that matches would have to give us a first and a third (At very least, a first).

Basically, anyone who wants Campbell is going to have to engage in some sort of a sign and trade with Bruce Allen, where they will agree on the compensation.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #34
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
The other thing is: Campbell can't be tendered at a level less than 120% of his 2009 salary.

120% of this year's salary is $3.43 million. Whatever the RFA tenders end up being next year, we have to offer him at least that much. So it looks like any team that matches would have to give us a first and a third (At very least, a first).

Basically, anyone who wants Campbell is going to have to engage in some sort of a sign and trade with Bruce Allen, where they will agree on the compensation.
Yep, and that's why I'm hoping Jason will draw the highest tender which will enable us to have the best leverage in any proposed negotiation.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #35
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Yep, and that's why I'm hoping Jason will draw the highest tender which will enable us to have the best leverage in any proposed negotiation.
Exactly right.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #36
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post

I'm glad the Skins have Bruce Allen now. That schmuck Vinny would've given another team our draft picks to take Soup off our hands. At least the Skins will not get raped this year.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:52 PM   #37
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Yeah the one thing where I think Bruce Allen will offer instant improvement is where we will get fair market value on our trades. None of this Jason Taylor for a second rounder, TJ Duckett for a third, or even with the Pete Kendall trade, great trade for us but we managed to take a team desperate to dump him and give them a conditional pick that appreciated into a fourth.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #38
Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
As I stated earlier We will sign a tender on Campbell maybe for a 1st and 3rd if a team takes a chance on that they can have him. Otherwise he holding the spot for Bradford
Bradford!!!!! OMG some of you still dont get it.......... Bradford is damaged goods.... is not a franchise QB, he played well in the NCAA....... so did Andre Ware and Ryan Leaf.........Jeez, Jason can make it with the right line around him..... even Jaws said so.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:23 PM   #39
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Bradford!!!!! OMG some of you still dont get it.......... Bradford is damaged goods.... is not a franchise QB, he played well in the NCAA....... so did Andre Ware and Ryan Leaf.........Jeez, Jason can make it with the right line around him..... even Jaws said so.
When I post something it's not a matter of what I want but what I think the team will do. Think about what I am saying in the post. If Bradford falls in the draft because of his shoulder and after we use our first round pick on the best tackle available, I could see us go back into the first to pick up Bradford. Hopefully only in a trade giving up next years 1st and 3rd
Old 12-23-2009, 05:24 PM   #40
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
I'm glad the Skins have Bruce Allen now. That schmuck Vinny would've given another team our draft picks to take Soup off our hands. At least the Skins will not get raped this year.
Or would have signed him to the lowest tender virtually giving him away, and making it easy for any other team that showed interest.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #41
saden1
MVP

We must keep JC. You can draft a high round QB or whatever but keep JC by all means necessary.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #42
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Wow...I'll have to say I expected a little more love for Collins...he's done nothing but play well every time he's been called on...and the Todd gets no love...if Campbell ends up going elsewhere, I really think he could bridge the Redskins until the next young QB is ready to go.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #43
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
Wow...I'll have to say I expected a little more love for Collins...he's done nothing but play well every time he's been called on...and the Todd gets no love...if Campbell ends up going elsewhere, I really think he could bridge the Redskins until the next young QB is ready to go.
while collins has come in and made a couple good passes this year there is absolutly no way in hell he could have taken a beating like jc has this year, no way in hell

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:20 PM   #44
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
while collins has come in and made a couple good passes this year there is absolutly no way in hell he could have taken a beating like jc has this year, no way in hell
Yeah I agree.....It's one thing to come in the game in relief when nothing is expected of you and having to prepare for, and be the starter. It's a different kind of pressure. Collins would be on IR had he been forced to take the beating Jason has taken.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #45
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
In the latest NFC east huddle on ESPN John Clayton reports that in a uncapped year with Campbell as a RFA he believed Campbell will be tendered with a 1st and 3rd compensation set up as I stated earlier.

Washington Redskins News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - NFL - ESPN
Hope you didn't get offended by what I said earlier.. but wtf, who would give that up? We couldn't even get a single 2nd for him last year.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote