Lito Sheppard is still out there

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #31
MTK
\m/

Re: Lito Sheppard is still out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRed View Post
Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Rogers is who we have. I agree that Rogers has not played up to where he was chosen, but it does nothing to look back at what we coulda done. I also agree with you to pick the best player available, but only of up to say 3 or 4 positions of need. Grade the player, grade the need, add it up and draft accordingly.

I also find myself doin the shoulda, coulda, wouldas. It only brings heartache, headachs, and hand fulls of hair. My biggest one is if only we coulda kept Stephen Davis long enough to play with Gibbs 2.0. Imho, hes the type of RB Gibbs has needed all along. But I digress.

I say bring Lito Sheppard in. Bring him in for a 4th or lower if hes not going to be released this year. I dont know where Philly stand if they can keep him on the roster or release him.

If what "Defensewins" says is true, we need that type of baller who can change the direction of a game. We lost our last one and need to find a replacement.
Good post.

I hate the shoulda, coulda, woulda scenarios.

I say shoulda, coulda, woulda... who cares. You have to live with your decisions. You can learn from them, but obsessing over what could have been is a waste of time.

Also a good point when you said "Grade the player, grade the need, add it up and draft accordingly."

You can't draft by need alone or by best player alone. You have to consider both accordingly.

Regarding Davis he was already a shell of his former self by 2004. He wouldn't have helped much and he certainly was not feature back material by then.

Advertisements
Old 04-10-2008, 05:51 AM   #32
mauiRedskinbarn
Camp Scrub

getting lito for a 3rd would be ideal. We've got the money for him, and would give our cornerback position much needed depth. I don't know if this is the type of shut-down corner Blache particularly wants, but would overall help the team out, and would create compitition.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:48 AM   #33
JDub21
Camp Scrub

no thank you
price tag would be too high, and corner isn't as big a need as people are making it out to be

look what investing top dollar in the cornerback position got the Broncos
Spend the money somewhere else and try developing young DB talent through the later rounds
JDub21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #34
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Vinny should offer Philly our #3 and see if they bite. As the draft nears or on draft day itself, I would anticipate Reid dropping his asking price.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #35
Stuck in TX
Impact Rookie

he would be great at dime or nickel, and would complement a first or second round draft pick, but only if the price is right.

REMEMBER VT
Go Hokies
Stuck in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #36
marius
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinmania View Post
Think how many teams are sick about passing over Tom Brady.
That would be every team, wouldn't it?

I like Sheppard but don't think CB is our biggest need so would be loathed to give up more than a 4th round pick.
marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #37
MTK
\m/

Sheppard is pretty solid but I wouldn't go higher than a 3rd for him. He definitely has some durability concerns.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #38
GTripp0012
Living Legend

In any other year, I'd do a third for Lito, but the draft is so deep at CB this year, I'd rather grab a CB in the third who I could expect to develop into Lito.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:12 PM   #39
mauiRedskinbarn
Camp Scrub

Lito was a first rounder who developed into a very solid(Not great) corner. To draft a cb in the third would be neccesary to say the least for the team, but that player might not pan out, it's a gamble. Lito is proven, fast, and clutch. He has ended a lot of ball games with his ability. Of course if a quality cb falls into our lap in the 1st couple rounds then do that. If we don't get lito, and don't get a cb on the 1st day then yes, pick up a CB in the 3rd, of course; but don't draft a 3rd round question mark over a quality corner.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #40
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Just a guess here, but if the Eagles' asking price for Lito Sheppard is a #2 pick - just to use as an example here - then the price for the Redskins and the Giants and the Cowboys will be higher. I believe the Eagles would trade him out of the NFC East for a lower price than within the NFC East.

Lito Sheppard is not a great player, but he is capable starting CB - one who has been a contributor to a team that has been very good during his tenure with it. I'm not sure there is a CB in the draft who could step in and play as well as Sheppard in 2008. Sure, some will play and develop into better players than Sheppard, but not next year.

I don't think the Eagles have to trade him. The Eagles have to be looking to find safety depth because Brian Dawkins is getting long in the tooth. Dawkins isn't finished, but he's not a kid any more. Maybe Sheppard would get a shot there if he stays in Philly???
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #41
chrisl4064

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Vinny should offer Philly our #3 and see if they bite. As the draft nears or on draft day itself, I would anticipate Reid dropping his asking price.
I would have no problem with this except for the fact that philly seems to never budge with anything.
chrisl4064 is offline   Reply With Quote