Commanders Post at The Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Commanders Post at The Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Locker Room Main Forum Commanders Football & NFL discussion

Commanders Training Camp 2024

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-31-2024, 11:50 AM   #31
MTK
\m/

Re: Commanders Training Camp 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I meant not my top choice. Not sure why my brain put "or" in there originally. That was a lazily put together OP on my part. Should have read:

I'm the same way about Quinn. I think he is the right man for the job now. But he was nowhere near my top choice originally.
Gotcha.

Maybe AP knew what he was doing after all, we'll see how it plays out on the field of course.

Advertisements
Old 07-31-2024, 11:52 AM   #32
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The scheme did him no favors either, if he can't succeed under DQ his time will be short in the NFL.
Exactly. It shouldn't take too long at all to find out him or Davis. Quinn knows what's he's looking for on defense.
WCommandersfan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 04:05 PM   #33
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCommandersfan99 View Post
Exactly. It shouldn't take too long at all to find out him or Davis. Quinn knows what's he's looking for on defense.
Quinn has said repeatedly that he wants DBs who run and hit. Hitting is not Forbes' thing because he does not have an NFL frame. It's not his fault. He may make the team but I don't like his chances of starting beyond October.

Davis is currently getting his last chance here and it requires him to change his position. I've seen this situation before in the NFL and it rarely works out; therefore, I'd say his chances of making the team are poor because we now have multiple LBs and Edges who are better than him.
Old 07-31-2024, 04:56 PM   #34
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Prediction: Dotson and McLaurin will both go over 1000 yards receiving this year if Daniels and both of them play 14 games or more.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2024/7/31/...tes-commanders
Old 07-31-2024, 06:10 PM   #35
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Source:

Quote:
Kicker Riley Patterson has landed with a new team.

The Commanders announced that they have claimed Patterson off of waivers. The Jaguars dropped Patterson on Tuesday.

Patterson was 16-of-18 on field goals and 41-of-44 on extra points while playing for Detroit and Cleveland last season. Ramiz Ahmed was the only kicker on Washington’s roster, so it appears they’ll be having a competition for the rest of the summer.

The Commanders also confirmed their previously reported signing of wide receiver Byron Pringle. They released wideouts Damiere Byrd and Dax Milne in corresponding moves to create roster space for the two new arrivals.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 07:03 PM   #36
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
Rivera draft picks gotta all be nervous as hell. Down goes Milne. I'd rather have Pringle than Milne. Small upgrade but an upgrade nonetheless. It all adds up.
Old 07-31-2024, 08:47 PM   #37
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Pringle move is solid. He is a very good KR (he should win the KR job) and ST player. Also a backup WR with good size and experience. Good bet to stick IMO.
Old 07-31-2024, 09:43 PM   #38
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Pringle move is solid. He is a very good KR (he should win the KR job) and ST player. Also a backup WR with good size and experience. Good bet to stick IMO.
I always liked him. He was reliable with the Chiefs. A good possession wr with good hands. Very happy to see a new kicker signed.
WCommandersfan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 11:10 PM   #39
ThirdEyeSquad28
Camp Scrub

Quote:
I meant not my top choice. Not sure why my brain put "or" in there originally. That was a lazily put together OP on my part. Should have read:

I'm the same way about Quinn. I think he is the right man for the job now. But he was nowhere near my top choice originally.
Reality is that ALOT of these players that have signed with us is due to DQ being here…he’s WELL liked by a lot of his former players in the league…he got the Center from Dallas, he got Bobby Wagner to come here which I believe is HUGE…Fowler, and also the PULL he has with all these coveted assistant coaches up n down our coaching staff…I doubt Ben Johnson would’ve been able to have this pull, even the new coach in Seattle…ALSO, he has inside knowledge on a division rival and that should help too…DQ almost seems like the perfect hire…in Adam Peters I trust
ThirdEyeSquad28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 11:22 PM   #40
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeSquad28 View Post
Reality is that ALOT of these players that have signed with us is due to DQ being here…he’s WELL liked by a lot of his former players in the league…he got the Center from Dallas, he got Bobby Wagner to come here which I believe is HUGE…Fowler, and also the PULL he has with all these coveted assistant coaches up n down our coaching staff…I doubt Ben Johnson would’ve been able to have this pull, even the new coach in Seattle…ALSO, he has inside knowledge on a division rival and that should help too…DQ almost seems like the perfect hire…in Adam Peters I trust
I'm hoping Bobby Wagner is our new London Fletcher, even if only for a season. We need leaders and tone-setters to get this franchise towards leaving the (snyder) past behind. I'm excited for Ekeler in the same tone. Outside of adding a good FA offensive tackle (which is obviously not easy, if even possible), I don't think we could have had a better offseason.
Old 08-01-2024, 06:17 AM   #41
ThirdEyeSquad28
Camp Scrub

Quote:
I'm hoping Bobby Wagner is our new London Fletcher, even if only for a season. We need leaders and tone-setters to get this franchise towards leaving the (snyder) past behind. I'm excited for Ekeler in the same tone. Outside of adding a good FA offensive tackle (which is obviously not easy, if even possible), I don't think we could have had a better offseason.
Yes I agree and I LOVE our approach, see what we have in our kitchen cabinets with a new chef in town before we go spending…can Coleman turn into our booked Tackle?! Maybe…would be huge! Can Jayden Daniels quick release/mobility and new offensive system make our O line’s life easier, maybe we’ll see…we didn’t spend on a WR (resigning Samuel’s or expensive free agent), or spend big other than Luvu (I love) and the center from Dallas and Dorance Armstrong (who DQ knows very well with his time in Dallas)…so safe spending and a bunch of 1 year rentals…Wilie and Jonathan can come off the books after this year with huge cap savings…MAJOR cap room coming our way and we’ll have MUCH better clarity of what we have and what we TRULY need…I mean this is down right genius…if we DO struggle, that’s fine cus we’re rebuilding and high draft picks will only help…so WIN WIN
Old 08-01-2024, 07:59 AM   #42
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
From this ESPN article:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/sto...t-acquisitions

3. Daniels may need some time to develop as a passer, but he is sure to make a major impact right out of the gate for two primary reasons: his elite rushing ability and new Washington playcaller Kliff Kingsbury, who operates the fastest-moving offense in the league. The 2023 Heisman Trophy winner led all FBS quarterbacks with 1,134 rushing yards.

8. Here's another high-impact move by Washington, as Dan Quinn's new-look defense will be anchored by a future Hall of Famer in Wagner. The 34-year-old hasn't lost a step, having led the NFL in tackles (183) last season. He and fellow newcomer Frankie Luvu (foreshadow alert) will combine forces to make up one the league's best off-ball-linebacker pairings.

29. Bobby Wagner might have the bigger name, but don't overlook the addition of Luvu to the linebacker room in Washington. The former Panther is one of only two players with 200-plus tackles and 12-plus sacks over the past two seasons (Demario Davis is the other).

The numbers next to each write up is the ranking out of 50
Old 08-01-2024, 08:32 AM   #43
ThirdEyeSquad28
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
From this ESPN article:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/sto...t-acquisitions

3. Daniels may need some time to develop as a passer, but he is sure to make a major impact right out of the gate for two primary reasons: his elite rushing ability and new Washington playcaller Kliff Kingsbury, who operates the fastest-moving offense in the league. The 2023 Heisman Trophy winner led all FBS quarterbacks with 1,134 rushing yards.

8. Here's another high-impact move by Washington, as Dan Quinn's new-look defense will be anchored by a future Hall of Famer in Wagner. The 34-year-old hasn't lost a step, having led the NFL in tackles (183) last season. He and fellow newcomer Frankie Luvu (foreshadow alert) will combine forces to make up one the league's best off-ball-linebacker pairings.

29. Bobby Wagner might have the bigger name, but don't overlook the addition of Luvu to the linebacker room in Washington. The former Panther is one of only two players with 200-plus tackles and 12-plus sacks over the past two seasons (Demario Davis is the other).

The numbers next to each write up is the ranking out of 50
Wagner is instantly the quarterback of the defense…he can read plays pre snap as there’s not much he hasn’t seen…he can keep the flow of communication between the front seven and the defensive backs, for blitzing purposes and helping a lot with allignment. We didn’t have anyone with this type of knowledge in the middle of the defense since Fletcher. He commands respect with his resume, and will show other guys how to be a professional and taking care of their bodies…Luvu is going to be DQ’s Micah parsons…except far far cheaper (once Micah resigns and breaks the market)….Jordan Magee will benefit a lot with Wagner by his side, he could be our Fred Warner, as AP seems to work some magic in late rounds finding stud LB’s
Old 08-01-2024, 02:35 PM   #44
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Much needed competition, good to hear

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 08:55 AM   #45
MTK