Now What??

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #286
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Now What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
We trade Moss for Michael Bush and he singlehandedly wins the rest of the games. LOL.
Yeah, kind of like the 53 million dollar man D. Hall.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2009, 08:27 PM   #287
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Can't fire Zorn unless you are ready to toss in the towel on the entire season.
not if you hire holmgren. he could take over and within a week be running this team better than zorn
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #288
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Yeah, kind of like the 53 million dollar man D. Hall.
Dude, just let it go with D. Hall, he's far from being the problem for this team. Well I'm sure in your eyes he is the sole reason we lost this game.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #289
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I guess there are about three different lenses at which you can look at Campbell's development. In one light, he hasn't progressed as well as he probably could have under ideal conditions. On a second hand, the improvement has been steady and consistent. On a third, nothing Campbell has done could overcome overall offensive ineptitude.

And yeah, Campbell contributed to the problems today. He also had the kind of day throwing a football against the Lions defense that you would expect from a good QB.

But I wonder, if we can't win with Jason Campbell, exactly how do we win without him? Draft a quarterback and hope to get lucky? It's not like Sanchez would be anything but 1-2 here.
That was a good explaination with out going into detail. I don't know what the team should do QB wise. Honestly I doubt any team would have picked him up during the draft he came out of. We just happened to be looking at Carlos and the team pointed out JC. Gibbs or ASaunders saw something in JC. but having said that he's not a Manning, Brees, Sanchez, or any of the other top named top ranked QB's. I don't care about the numbers and statistics. There all happy and pretty to look at but it fails to show the character, ability, and smarts of the QB.

So in the end yes maybe drafting a top named QB that is trainable and put in the best possible situation would be nice. Like what Baltimore, Atlanta, Jets, and Detroit has done. Instead we pick up Ramsey and let him be the punching bag for a few yrs. Then we pick up JC and change offenses every other yr and thats just two, I didn't mention all the other prior. We always seem to hope for the diamond in the rough cause they are cheap.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #290
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

we can hope the Cowboys lose tomorrow night so we are both 1-2. Thats all i can look forward to. I am dreading tomorrow at work, I work with 5 Giants fans.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #291
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
not if you hire holmgren. he could take over and within a week be running this team better than zorn
Holmgren's not a miracle worker. Any HC needs a reasonable amount of time to install his system. Head coach transitions aren't that easy in this league.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #292
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Dude, just let it go with D. Hall, he's far from being the problem for this team. Well I'm sure in your eyes he is the sole reason we lost this game.
It's definitly not Halls fault. We go from one of the most confusing defenses to lets get as simple as possible. Well now you see the results of lets get as simple as possible. or maybe it's the 4-3 that a lot of teams are getting away from.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:36 PM   #293
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
we can hope the Cowboys lose tomorrow night so we are both 1-2. Thats all i can look forward to. I am dreading tomorrow at work, I work with 5 Giants fans.
Not a good time to be a Skins fan.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:37 PM   #294
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Bring Marty Back as President

The myth is that Snyder was upset that Marty wouldn't let him get involved in player personnel decisions. The reality is that Snyder thought being coach and general manager was too much for Marty to handle and wanted him to just focus one area. Back then Marty didn't want that, but now he has said he's only interested in a front office position. Plus, the Hall of Famers that had issues with Schott before are gone now. Snyder and Marty get along pretty well now, and I wouldn't be surprised if they reunited. I'd move Cerrato out of football operations immediately and bring in Marty as "consultant" now (thought about Carl Peterson because he's available) and then official name him President (aka "Bill Parcells") as soon as the season is done.

I don't think VC is the satanic buffoon many think he is, or that Snyder is "micro-managing." In fact, things won't be much different in terms of Snyder's involvement whoever is the new person in charge. But perception is reality, and if the fans perceive that Snyder isn't involved because Cerrato isn't there, then they'll believe that's true

Hire Reggie McKenzie or Bill Kuharich as General Manager

Reggie (Raleigh's twin) has done a good job in Green Bay and Bill Kuharich did a nice job with the previous few drafts in KC before he was let go when Pioli came on board. There are other good candidates but I'd look to these two guys first. I'd let Scott Campbell and Mo Brown go as well, again because of the connection to Cerrato and the whole perception is reality thing. I think both are strong talent evaluators but they will have to find their success elsewhere.

Hire Russ Grimm as Head Coach

Zorn is a lame duck, to be sure. But I wouldn't just jump at someone like Shanahan right away. Just finish the season with Zorn, and then do what some team should have done long ago (but has been afraid to for various reasons), name Russ Grimm as head coach. Good public relations move, and he's a strong head coach candidate. When you look around the NFL you see so many players/front office people from the Redskins glory decade of the 80s-Mayhew: GM Lions, Doug Williams: Front Office Exec Tampa, Mark Murphy: President Packers; Billy Devaney: GM Rams and so on-that it's a shame our only connection is Joe Bugel (and I guess Don Warren)

Name Bob Bratkowski Assistant Head Coach

The coaching problem isn't isolated to just Zorn, it's that his support staff (Smith, Stump, Meidt, Watchamacallit) is woefully inexperienced as well. Grimm has experience that even Zorn didn't have but he could benefit from having an experienced play caller to support him. Look at other first time coaches-Harbaugh (has Cam Cameron); Sparano (has Dan Henning); Mike Smith (Mularkey)-all have proven coordinators

Name Kirk Olivadotti Defensive Coordinator

Why not?

Last edited by SmootSmack; 10-01-2009 at 10:02 AM.
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:37 PM   #295
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Holmgren's not a miracle worker. Any HC needs a reasonable amount of time to install his system. Head coach transitions aren't that easy in this league.
Agreed, but Holmgren's(Gruden's IMO) short work would still equal ALOT more than Zorn has accomplished here in the last 2 years. Picking another coach with WCO background could help speed up the process as well.

6 win talent + 2 win coaching = 4-12 season.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #296
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Which is why I would only use him to advise DS and Zorn. Now if Holmgren gets things changed around then maybe offer him the job or at the least fire Vinny and hire Holmgren in that position. He can bring in people who would work well in the WCO and still advise Zorn. If it doesn't straighten out shit can everyone and start rebuilding.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:39 PM   #297
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Seriously. Look how discombobulated the Jets, Falcons and Ravens are. We don't want that mess around here. Oh wait, I almost forgot about the Dolphins last year. What a disaster that was. And let's not forget about the abysmall Sean Peyton/Drew Brees experiment. What a train wreck that was.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:39 PM   #298
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

Why not?
Because like you just said....he lacks the necessary experience. Why would we want another guy learning as he goes? F that!

6 win talent + 2 win coaching = 4-12 season.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #299
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Bring Marty Back as President

The myth is that Snyder was upset that Marty wouldn't let him get involved in player personnel decisions. The reality is that Snyder thought being coach and general manager was too much for Marty to handle and wanted him to just focus one area. Back then Marty didn't want that, but now he has said he's only interested in a front office position. Plus, the Hall of Famers that had issues with Schott before are gone now. Snyder and Marty get along pretty well now, and I wouldn't be surprised if they reunited. I'd move Cerrato out of football operations immediately and bring in Marty as "consultant" now (thought about Carl Peterson because he's available) and then official name him President (aka "Bill Parcells") as soon as the season is done.

I don't think VC is the satanic buffoon many think he is, or that Snyder is "micro-managing." In fact, things won't be much different in terms of Snyder's involvement whoever is the new person in charge. But perception is reality, and if the fans perceive that Snyder isn't involved because Cerrato isn't there, then they'll believe that's true

Hire Reggie McKenzie or Bill Kuharich as General Manager

Reggie (Raleigh's twin) has done a good job in Green Bay and Bill Kuharich did a nice job with the previous few drafts in KC before he was let go when Pioli came on board. There are other good candidates but I'd look to these two guys first. I'd let Scott Campbell and Mo Brown go as well, again because of the connection to Cerrato and the whole perception is reality thing. I think both are strong talent evaluators but they will have to find their success elsewhere.

Hire Russ Grimm as Head Coach

Zorn is a lame duck, to be sure. But I wouldn't just jump at someone like Shanahan right away. Just finish the season with Zorn, and then do what some team should have done long ago (but has been afraid to for various reasons), name Russ Grimm as head coach. Good public relations move, and he's a strong head coach candidate. When you look around the NFL you see so many players/front office people from the Redskins glory decade of the 80s-Mayhew: GM Lions, Doug Williams: Front Office Exec Tampa, Mark Murphy: President Packers; Billy Devaney: GM Rams and so on-that it's a shame our only connection is Joe Bugel (and I guess Don Warren)

[B}Name Bob Bratkowski Assistant Head Coach[/B]

The coaching problem isn't isolated to just Zorn, it's that his support staff (Smith, Stump, Meidt, Watchamacallit) is woefully inexperienced as well. Grimm has experience that even Zorn didn't have but he could benefit from having an experienced play caller to support him. Look at other first time coaches-Harbaugh (has Cam Cameron); Sparano (has Dan Henning); Mike Smith (Mularkey)-all have proven coordinators

Why not?
I like the idea of Grimm as HC and have for a while. Or Cowher. I don't like Shanny. The NFC East requires someone who knows how to play smash mouth football, and I don't think Shanahan fits that bill. Besides, he only won with one of the greatest QB/RB tandems in NFL history. Don't see that kind of talent walking through the door hear anytime soon.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #300
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Seriously. Look how discombobulated the Jets, Falcons and Ravens are. We don't want that mess around here. Oh wait, I almost forgot about the Dolphins last year. What a disaster that was. And let's not forget about the abysmall Sean Peyton/Drew Brees experiment. What a train wreck that was.
I think those teams had new coaches put in during the offseason, not in the early part of the regular season.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote