Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

f...gibbs

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 08:51 PM   #16
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: f...gibbs

Do you have proof that Joe is making the calls? Maybe we should ask JLC to verify. Have patience, JC is still young and getting better every week even thought you don't think so. Gibbs is using him the way he should be, who's won 3 SB you or J Gibbs?

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2007, 08:51 PM   #17
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Al calls the plays. Not Joe.
I'll tell you what...if Saunders was indeed calling all the plays, then I will publicly take this all back and put the blame on Saunders. I just know better, it smells like Gibbs to me and thousands of other Skins fans.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:52 PM   #18
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowell View Post
If we had thrown the ball though and say thrown a pick or some incompletions you guys would have been saying how we should have ran the ball. Lets face it we didn't get it done. Stop pointing fingers and just be glad we have a bye week to think this one over and hopefully work out some kinks. I'll be in FedEx to see the Skins improve to 3-1 against Detroit, and I can't wait.
When you are in shotgun you can still run the ball. The last two plays we were in some type of jumbo bullshit package. The Giants had all 11 guys on the line. Gibbs still think he can just ram it down everyones throat. Instead, why do we have JC in shotgun and have him call the play at the line??? This is what most NFL offenses do.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:55 PM   #19
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
When you are in shotgun you can still run the ball. The last two plays we were in some type of jumbo bullshit package. The Giants had all 11 guys on the line. Gibbs still think he can just ram it down everyones throat. Instead, why do we have JC in shotgun and have him call the play at the line??? This is what most NFL offenses do.
We were in the power I offense.
I have no problem getting stuffed on two run plays from the 1 yard line when our best people are on the field. I have a lot of problems with the fact that it was Betts. I would have rather Campbell ran a couple more naked boots.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:56 PM   #20
redskins5044
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm putting it mostly on the defense for losing the game for us, but the conservative playcalling didn't help at all. I hate it just as much as the next guy and it's not helping. I guess they just don't trust JC to open up the gameplan.

sorry man the defense didnt lose the game they caused turnovers. they were on the field in the 2nd half a lot. they did miss some tackles but they didnt lose the game
Old 09-23-2007, 08:57 PM   #21
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

If you guys noticed the replay, Betts was accidentally tripped by Sellers who knocked him to the ground.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:59 PM   #22
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
We were in the power I offense.
I have no problem getting stuffed on two run plays from the 1 yard line when our best people are on the field. I have a lot of problems with the fact that it was Betts. I would have rather Campbell ran a couple more naked boots.
Betts is good at short yardage. I didn't have a problem with him being in the game. I had a problem JC spiking the ball on 1st down with 50 seconds left, and then the two run plays on 3rd and 4th down.

JC could have Qb sneaked it in on 1st down if he would have just taken his freakin time.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:04 PM   #23
GMScud
Swearinger

At least one of those plays in the red zone should have been a boot action play where Campbell has run/pass option. No question. And the fact that Dallas and Green Bay TORCHED their secondary and we didn't come out trying to throw at all is f-ing sickening. I'm as mad as I've been in a long damn time about this team. SHIT.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:05 PM   #24
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Dude you should be banned for using the F word on Gibbs. How quick we turn. If you are a true Redskin fan you remember 4 SB that Gibbs brought here, give the man a chance. He'll get it done, I guarantee it!!
Ummm, Gibbs won 3 buddy. Hello.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #25
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Ummm, Gibbs won 3 buddy. Hello.
Dah, no kidding. I know he won 3 but took us to 4.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:10 PM   #26
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Dont cared who called the plays. We got fucked because this situation should have never happened.

WHY WE LOST

1. The portis fumble
2. The Springs pass interference
3. Rogers not paying attention on the Burress TD.
4. Conserative playcalling for some fucking reason.
5. Betts being in the game at the end.
6. Sellers falling down every fucking time we ran in the 2nd half.
7. Sellers dropping a TD pass on 2nd and goal.
8. Spiking the ball on 1st and goal, WTF suprise them and just go up the middle.
9. We had 25 seonds to calm down and run the 4th down play and for some reason we rushed it.
10. We always fuck up against the Giants for some stupd ass reason.
11. The offense didnt help the defense out, no defense can win you a game when they are on the field for 20+ minutes in a half.
12. 81 yards in the second half.
13. Not taking advantage of 3 good returns by Cartwright
14. The missed FG by Suisham at the start of the game. He could have kicked one on the second to last drive and kicked one on the last drive.
15. Dropped passes (Portis, Moss)
16. Not going to Cooley when the Giants have been torched by tight ends all fucking season.
17. No double moves to Moss when he has vitimized their corners with that since coming to the NFL.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:10 PM   #27
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
At least one of those plays in the red zone should have been a boot action play where Campbell has run/pass option. No question. And the fact that Dallas and Green Bay TORCHED their secondary and we didn't come out trying to throw at all is f-ing sickening. I'm as mad as I've been in a long damn time about this team. SHIT.
We just are not a very good passing team right now. Last year we had a QB who couldn't throw it downfield, now we have one who can but he is only in his 10th start. JC and the WR's need more work together. I would also like to see a 6'4 wr added in the future for the red zone.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #28
juggernaunt
Camp Scrub

i agree with the first post. we came out in thew 2nd half protecting the lead. you need to go for the damn kill. we lefty a wouynded animal backed in a corner free to come out swinging and they did. betts in on that 4th dwn dosent matter , this falls on gibbs shoulders he is the head coach with the last say..... he needs to goooooooo
Old 09-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #29
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Betts is good at short yardage. I didn't have a problem with him being in the game. I had a problem JC spiking the ball on 1st down with 50 seconds left, and then the two run plays on 3rd and 4th down.

JC could have Qb sneaked it in on 1st down if he would have just taken his freakin time.
Not to split hairs, but that's not "short yardage" that's "goal line". There is a difference.
I totally agree with you about the spike, which I feel is Gibbs fault. The sidelines told him to spike it.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:15 PM   #30
tomo366
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Dude you should be banned for using the F word on Gibbs. How quick we turn. If you are a true Redskin fan you remember 4 SB that Gibbs brought here, give the man a chance. He'll get it done, I guarantee it!!
Yeh!but WTF has he done for us lately???
That game was an Fing Joke a very large gift to a team that that had no usiness winning it!
Closed Thread