QB Prospects Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-28-2024, 11:35 AM   #166
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: QB Prospects Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
I have a feeling there are a going to be a lot of disappointed people on here.... simple is relative. The people making the decisions have far more expertise than the increasing group of fans who have convinced themselves that JD is the best QB ever. This site is going to be unbearable if they don't pick JD.
I don't think I'll be disappointed with the pick on April 25th. Maybe by November 25th I'll be disappointed...who knows.

The armchair GM that I am wants Jayden Daniels, but I'll be happy with whoever they pick - knowing that they had a process, stuck to it, and picked who they think is the best QB, and the best fit.

But yeah, you're not wrong. No matter who it is, there are plenty who won't be happy.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-28-2024, 12:55 PM   #167
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
There is talk of six QBs going in the 1st round. That in and of itself would be unprecedented. It's possible we get four franchise QBs out of this draft, similar to the 2020 draft (Tua, Herbert, Burrow, and J Love...(the jury is still out on J Love maybe?)). However, it's more likely that four of the six will be Blake Bortles, Mitch Trubisky, Zach Wilson & Trey Lance.

As much as I like the idea of adding more draft picks, I think by April 24th they have to be locked in on who their guy is once the Bears draft Caleb Williams, and they have to stay at #2 and pick him. Doing anything else would be too risky.

If their pick at #2 ends up being Zach Wilson...so be it. Rinse and repeat next year.

They will certainly know who they prefer. No doubt. Just saying if that preference is slight and the Pats offer us a sweet deal who knows. Id imagine they entertain the choice of their 1 guy vs their 1A+ guy and another second, third and say next years first. I know I would.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 01:18 PM   #168
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Finlay going to be on Sirius NFL pretty soon discussing our number two pick.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:00 PM   #169
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 11:06 PM   #170
mredskins
Gamebreaker

no drake maye pro day feedback?
Old 03-28-2024, 11:30 PM   #171
nonniey
The Starter

Did the Skins meet separately with Daniels prior to his pro day like they did with Maye?
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 01:50 AM   #172
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Did the Skins meet separately with Daniels prior to his pro day like they did with Maye?
As I understand it Daniels didn't have any meetings before his work out so he met a number of teams afterwards but it can't have been for too long as they all would have had to move on to Carolina for Mayes workout. They will have them all in for visits so I don't think it is that critical one way or the other
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 08:11 AM   #173
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The great thing is either Maye or Daniels will be in WSH
Old 03-29-2024, 09:39 AM   #174
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The great thing is either Maye or Daniels will be in WSH
I would say great depends on how the journey ends, not how it begins. Good if we draft a top 3 QB, great if he turns out to be the answer.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:44 AM   #175
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Commanders offer No. 2 to the Chargers for Justin Herbert, Harbaugh then uses the No. 2 pick to get his guy J.J. McCarthy.

That would be wild!

Note - This didn't actually happen, just something that popped in my head reading an article that includes the Chargers.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 11:28 AM   #176
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I'm not sure I'd take Herbert with a straight swap for the #2. Great 1st 2 seasons, but last 2 were average. OK, that's likely not all on him, but with a new contract on the horizon where he'll be expecting top money, I think the Chargers could end up with the much better side of that deal.
Old 03-29-2024, 12:09 PM   #177
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Commanders offer No. 2 to the Chargers for Justin Herbert, Harbaugh then uses the No. 2 pick to get his guy J.J. McCarthy.

That would be wild!

Note - This didn't actually happen, just something that popped in my head reading an article that includes the Chargers.
I have thought about this as well and would be happy as hell with it
Old 03-29-2024, 02:23 PM   #178
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
I'm not sure I'd take Herbert with a straight swap for the #2. Great 1st 2 seasons, but last 2 were average. OK, that's likely not all on him, but with a new contract on the horizon where he'll be expecting top money, I think the Chargers could end up with the much better side of that deal.

That’s crazy talk - if this were an option, of course we should do it. Herbert is a proven commodity and the draft has no sure bets (see, eg, RG3 and Chase Young, also picked at the 2 slot). There are many other examples. And we have a good cap position now too so we would make it work.

Having said that, I don’t imagine it would be an option. Harbaugh talking up his former QB is one thing. Trading Herbert for a draft pick is another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2024, 03:37 PM   #179
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
That’s crazy talk - if this were an option, of course we should do it. Herbert is a proven commodity and the draft has no sure bets (see, eg, RG3 and Chase Young, also picked at the 2 slot). There are many other examples. And we have a good cap position now too so we would make it work.

Having said that, I don’t imagine it would be an option. Harbaugh talking up his former QB is one thing. Trading Herbert for a draft pick is another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't say I wouldn't take the trade, just that I'd look for more value. It may be coaching/scheme/surrounding talent, but Herbert hasn't been elite level last 2 seasons. You're talking about swapping the 2nd pick in the draft, not a 2nd rounder. If (and yes its a mighty if) the Chargers came in with that offer off the bat, I'd be looking for something to sweeten the deal.
Old 03-29-2024, 05:27 PM   #180
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
I didn't say I wouldn't take the trade, just that I'd look for more value. It may be coaching/scheme/surrounding talent, but Herbert hasn't been elite level last 2 seasons. You're talking about swapping the 2nd pick in the draft, not a 2nd rounder. If (and yes its a mighty if) the Chargers came in with that offer off the bat, I'd be looking for something to sweeten the deal.
yeah, it would be a "no but keep talking" type conversation. Of course if we had Herbert, we could parlay the fourth pick Into Minnesota's 11th and 23 and still get the first or second tackle off the board.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote