Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

QB Prospects Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-27-2024, 06:38 PM   #151
rocnrik
Playmaker

Re: QB Prospects Thread

i like JD followed by DM and would draft JJ only if it was part of a trade down that we got a lot in return.. I mean a lot!!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-27-2024, 07:27 PM   #152
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
i like JD followed by DM and would draft JJ only if it was part of a trade down that we got a lot in return.. I mean a lot!!

Agree
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 07:36 PM   #153
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I don't think they will risk trading back unless it's with the Patriots, and that is highly doubtful. They need to come out of round 1 with a potential franchise QB. While nothing in the draft is a guarantee, moving out of the top 3 would decrease the odds significantly.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 08:42 PM   #154
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I don't think they will risk trading back unless it's with the Patriots, and that is highly doubtful. They need to come out of round 1 with a potential franchise QB. While nothing in the draft is a guarantee, moving out of the top 3 would decrease the odds significantly.

Well if you include JJ there are 4. There is a scenario where we could move back one spot with the Pats and still guarantee we get one of the 3(4 if you include JJ). Depends on whether we have our mind made up about someone and whether the Pats do. If they wanna throw us picks to have first choice and we like two or three of those guys equally than we would take the picks and give them first choice.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 08:51 PM   #155
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Just draft Jayden Daniels. Keep it simple. Sure, he might bust, but he has lowest possibility at No. 2 of busting. He can pass the ball, he can run the ball, his teammates love him. Just draft him.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 09:50 PM   #156
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YbLa3niHKo

Here is Chris Spielman commenting on Jaylen Daniels' pro day. Enjoy!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 02:38 AM   #157
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well if you include JJ there are 4. There is a scenario where we could move back one spot with the Pats and still guarantee we get one of the 3(4 if you include JJ). Depends on whether we have our mind made up about someone and whether the Pats do. If they wanna throw us picks to have first choice and we like two or three of those guys equally than we would take the picks and give them first choice.
There is talk of six QBs going in the 1st round. That in and of itself would be unprecedented. It's possible we get four franchise QBs out of this draft, similar to the 2020 draft (Tua, Herbert, Burrow, and J Love...(the jury is still out on J Love maybe?)). However, it's more likely that four of the six will be Blake Bortles, Mitch Trubisky, Zach Wilson & Trey Lance.

As much as I like the idea of adding more draft picks, I think by April 24th they have to be locked in on who their guy is once the Bears draft Caleb Williams, and they have to stay at #2 and pick him. Doing anything else would be too risky.

If their pick at #2 ends up being Zach Wilson...so be it. Rinse and repeat next year.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 07:58 AM   #158
mredskins
Gamebreaker

my breakdown of the workout was okay, it was interesting i've had the most notes from his so far. his motion is butter, it's green light, and he has the most automatic trigger we've seen in years, he liable to get the ball off in tight areas smooth. it's a lil bradyish. that's the good part. he does specific things really well, effective with deep balls, highly potent, dare i say prolific throwing back shoulder, literally never overstrides. it's been most interesting to see him alternate his stagger foot. you see it on film, you see it in game, it was surprised to see it in a workout its a rare tendency you don't see with other QB's. it speaks to #1. his versatility in different systems. his coordinators will be interchangeable. #2. on the negative side, if he starts getting out of Wack it spotlights, his inconsistency with his lower body. but its very like tiny detail. the most interesting thing I SAW. He alternated his break foot. #1. the positive of that is, he showed a lot of ease and comfort off platform. it's almost like his stays on balance even when he's off platform, that's how balanced he is on his feet. #2. the negative is no one really wants you driving off ur back foot and his arm strength is already not most ideal but yeah. it stands out. he has an inconsistent break foot, that's a big issue. all that being said, for the most part, he's just really good with the footwork. overall, it's all very cute, its very fancy. he does all the flashy stuff well. i wish he was more consistent doing the easy stuff. his anticipation is off, you wish his ball placement was better, the ball finished behind the receiver a few times and if i'm a defender and they run crossing stuff, short to mid, i'm jumping it. Those are my big takeaways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReDRu_SMwZo

the above critique was a YT commenter; i thought it was a good assessment
Old 03-28-2024, 08:47 AM   #159
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Good breakdown, agree with most of that. He's def QB2 and some even say QB1
Old 03-28-2024, 08:52 AM   #160
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I hate to be so simplistic about Jayden Daniels but I just love everything I know about the young man. I think he has all the makings of an NFL star. We are lucky to have the #2 pick. Now all we have to do is wait until it's time to hand in the card with his name on it.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 09:01 AM   #161
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I hate to be so simplistic about Jayden Daniels but I just love everything I know about the young man. I think he has all the makings of an NFL star. We are lucky to have the #2 pick. Now all we have to do is wait until it's time to hand in the card with his name on it.
Agree, he's still my top guy at 2 and it won't change. His film was stupid good.. Their is nothing he can't do at the QB position. His arm is just as good as Most of the top QBs in the league.. Maye has a stronger arm but he's no where as accurate
Old 03-28-2024, 09:10 AM   #162
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

How to handle Pick No. 2:

Keep it simple, stupid (KISS) is a design principle which states that designs and/or systems should be as simple as possible. Wherever possible, complexity should be avoided in a system—as simplicity guarantees the greatest levels of user acceptance and interaction.

Pick Jayden Daniels (KISS).
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 09:18 AM   #163
mredskins
Gamebreaker

JD> CW

CW is just the media's darling
Old 03-28-2024, 09:56 AM   #164
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
How to handle Pick No. 2:

Keep it simple, stupid (KISS) is a design principle which states that designs and/or systems should be as simple as possible. Wherever possible, complexity should be avoided in a system—as simplicity guarantees the greatest levels of user acceptance and interaction.

Pick Jayden Daniels (KISS).
I have a feeling there are a going to be a lot of disappointed people on here.... simple is relative. The people making the decisions have far more expertise than the increasing group of fans who have convinced themselves that JD is the best QB ever. This site is going to be unbearable if they don't pick JD.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 11:21 AM   #165
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'll be fine with Maye at 2 as well but prefer JD...