Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #151
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Re: Lighten Up On Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It's good to know that there are still some people on this board who can be logically critical of Snyder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
First it was just kind of pointing out the close relationship that he has with Jerry Jones and that fact that they go on vacations with each other and share vacation homes between the families. Snyder also makes a point to sit next to Jerry Jones during the owners meetings too.

It's great that cowboys and redskins can get along but really...I possess some MAJOR distaste for Jerry Jones and the whole cowboys organization. Hearing that it's just a business that they're pals just kind of rubs salt in the wound that the cowboys are more competitive than we are.

I thought others would be disgusted by the fact that Snyder pretty much loves him some cowboys...the rivalry doesn't mean much to him at the top.

From the bottom I don't take solace in finding that out.
Back to facts...

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #152
MTK
\m/

Someone might want to start by checking the definition of "facts"
Old 09-30-2009, 10:36 AM   #153
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Snyder has been receiving a lot of negative backlash after this loss to the Lions. Everyone should lighten up because Snyder isn't such a bad guy. Though it's hard to find some things that ingratiate him right now check out this article from last year.

The cellphone trick he pulls is just hiliarious!...too funny...Snyder's not so bad.

It's a rich rivalry for Dallas Cowboys, Redskins owners: Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder are friendly rivals
I could care less if Snyder pals around w/ the Jones'. Actually this doesn't surprise me at all. They're rivals but also business partners. No big deal here. But this doesn't give him a pass. He needs to step back and completly remove himself from the football stuff and let a true football man run his football team. If I were him I'd be on the phone with Bill Polian's son. And as far as him being a bad guy none of us really know. He's done some nice things for charity. To me he seems like a thin skinned baby.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:37 AM   #154
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Someone might want to start by checking the definition of "facts"
Go back and read the posts...they don't lie...(unless you've been up to something I don't know about...if that's the case, then don't go back and read them.)
Old 09-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #155
MTK
\m/

I read what you bolded and I fail to see how they qualify as facts. It's your opinion and your entitled to it, but they're simply not facts.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #156
Miller101
Special Teams

Lighten up on Snyder? That dude is charging you to park a car in a stadium! Most stadiums don't charge and those that do only charge a few bucks. Snyder charges you a small fortune. Snyder also tells you where you can park your car in his stadium. He also leaves about 50,000 open purple parking spaces every game; just so dumbasses like us have to park in a cash lot three miles away and shuttle it to the stadium. Has anyone had to do this before? You park in the cash lot and then wait 5--10 minutes for the shuttle to leave, then you sit in traffic for 15-30 minutes, and then you finally unload, and as you walk up to the stadium...................you see a SHIT LOAD OF EMPTY SPACES IN THE PURPLE LOT! THATS BULLSHIT!!! Making us park 3 miles away for no reason...................its just bullshit! It really is!

He keeps raising the prices of tickets too. A little bit more each year, just for fun probably. He sues his fanbase for not paying up during a Recession. He gives away more tickets to the visiting team then any other team in the NFL. And to top it off, he almost always puts a losing team on the field!!!!

And you're actually saying, "Lighten up????" Are you kidding me? He's not a football owner. He's a business man, who owns a football team. He's out there to get your money and that is all. He's not trying to build a succesful team. He's over here to run a business and a very profitable business at that. Once the Redskins went 10-6 under Gibbs 2.0 (Should have been 12-4, the refs screwed us in a couple of games) You remember what he did? He jacked up the ticket prices from $79 at face value to $109 at face value. He did that, because he knew we would buy it and he wanted more money.

Look, I can go on and on and I will if you want me too. But, you need to realize the facts. And the fact is that he runs the second most profitable football team in the NFL right now. That is what he does. He makes money. He doesn't build a winner. He hasn't in ten years and he won't ever. He will only continue to build a team to make money. That is what he has done and what he will continue to do. WAKE UP!

And I want a winner here once again! And until Danny quits making money and gives me one............I WILL NEVER LIGHTEN UP ON HIM. EVER!
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Old 09-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #157
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post
Lighten up on Snyder? That dude is charging you to park a car in a stadium! Most stadiums don't charge and those that do only charge a few bucks. Snyder charges you a small fortune. Snyder also tells you where you can park your car in his stadium. He also leaves about 50,000 open purple parking spaces every game; just so dumbasses like us have to park in a cash lot three miles away and shuttle it to the stadium. Has anyone had to do this before? You park in the cash lot and then wait 5--10 minutes for the shuttle to leave, then you sit in traffic for 15-30 minutes, and then you finally unload, and as you walk up to the stadium...................you see a SHIT LOAD OF EMPTY SPACES IN THE PURPLE LOT! THATS BULLSHIT!!! Making us park 3 miles away for no reason...................its just bullshit! It really is!

He keeps raising the prices of tickets too. A little bit more each year, just for fun probably. He sues his fanbase for not paying up during a Recession. He gives away more tickets to the visiting team then any other team in the NFL. And to top it off, he almost always puts a losing team on the field!!!!

And you're actually saying, "Lighten up????" Are you kidding me? He's not a football owner. He's a business man, who owns a football team. He's out there to get your money and that is all. He's not trying to build a succesful team. He's over here to run a business and a very profitable business at that. Once the Redskins went 10-6 under Gibbs 2.0 (Should have been 12-4, the refs screwed us in a couple of games) You remember what he did? He jacked up the ticket prices from $79 at face value to $109 at face value. He did that, because he knew we would buy it and he wanted more money.

Look, I can go on and on and I will if you want me too. But, you need to realize the facts. And the fact is that he runs the second most profitable football team in the NFL right now. That is what he does. He makes money. He doesn't build a winner. He hasn't in ten years and he won't ever. He will only continue to build a team to make money. That is what he has done and what he will continue to do. WAKE UP!

And I want a winner here once again! And until Danny quits making money and gives me one............I WILL NEVER LIGHTEN UP ON HIM. EVER!
stay home. no one says you have to go over to fed ex and give him your money.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:05 AM   #158
MTK
\m/

Quote:

They haven't been raised in a few years.

Redskins Hold Line On Ticket Prices For Third Straight Season
Old 09-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #159
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
I read what you bolded and I fail to see how they qualify as facts. It's your opinion and your entitled to it, but they're simply not facts.
The fact was my original statement over Snyder and Jones being close friends...

I simply said that it irked me that he pals around with his biggest rival and he's gets along too well with Jones for a guy who has been coming up short in their competitive rivarly.

Snyder's petty enough to sue little old ladies over season tickets but he's not petty enough to be focused against his rival?

I've seen Snyder do some pretty petty things, like keep Norv Turner waiting for 3+ hours outside of his office before he brought him in to fire him, so to say that he isn't petty enough to not cavort with cowboys is not a stretch.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:33 AM   #160
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:

Coincidentally that is what our discussion has been about so far Miller...it's funny you popped in to say that.

That's what we were just debating here...whether Snyder is making money, or making champions.

You have an interesting opinion that people on this thread will probably find logically critical, Miller.

Check out the complete first page of this thread though...it's done with a satrical vein so you probably missed something : )
Old 09-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #161
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
stay home. no one says you have to go over to fed ex and give him your money.
This is a silly come back. Maybe people like going to the games. Maybe people enjoyed the Redskins PRE-Synder. Many of us have stopped going, turned in season tickets, and refuse to give the man anymore cash. Doesn't mean we are not fans, just means, we are showing our displeasure with a rather poor product.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #162
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Lighten up on Snyder? That dude is charging you to park a car in a stadium! Most stadiums don't charge and those that do only charge a few bucks. Snyder charges you a small fortune. ...
What stadium (for an NFL or MLB) team doesn't charge for parking? And if you can park your car IN the stadium for free at any NFL game, you are FREAKING amazing.

Again, all the other crud aside, when the team was being sold there were only a few buyers that were even being looked at and in MY opinion Snyder was the best of the lot.

I will maintain my fandom to the Skins and applaud Snyder and the FO for the many moves that I see where he tries to make this team a winner, and forgive him for the mistakes he has made along the way. That is not just how I treat Snyder, but most of the people I have dealt with in my life, and how I hope to be treated by people who get to know me.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #163
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
For every Washingtonian puff piece, I can find several articles about what a twerp Snyder is. If you're cool with $30 to park at FedEx Field and high ticket prices for a poor product, that's your business. I'm not cool with it. Diff'rent strokes and all.

amen! preach on brother spence!

I can see how some skins fans could think the DS is not a bad owner, but i have a hard time understanding the logic of any skins fan saying the DS is a good owner.

go skins!!
Old 09-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #164
Miller101
Special Teams

Quote:
They haven't been raised in a few years.

Redskins Hold Line On Ticket Prices For Third Straight Season
Not True..............I was a season ticket holder last year. I didn't re-up this year, because Danny rose the prices yet again. I couldn't afford it no more. This time it was on the tailgate club tickets that I had. Yeah.................I could have said I don't want the tailgate club no more and then they would have said, "We'll move you back to the top. We'll call you when we have your seats picked out." Screw that!

But hey! I'm going to the Atlanta game this year! I'm not giving Danny my hard earned money no more. I'll be going to one away game a year now. That I can afford. And it will be fun. I'll be able to see other cities and experience other stadiums.................I can't wait!
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #165
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Redskins don’t raise ticket prices - Washington Business Journal:

So how did they raise the ticket price then?