Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Now What??

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #151
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: Now What??

Just for a frame of reference around 70% of the fan base believes Zorn should be fired.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #152
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Honestly, I don't want to hear anything Gibbs would have to say in this matter. I'll just leave it at that.
I hear you, but I suspect what JG says to Dan is......somewhat different from what fans hear?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #153
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Ok, I'm trying to calm down. At this point if I was DS I would bring in Holmgren to act as an advisor to assist Zorn. If Zorn's not having it fire Zorn and let Holmgren take over the team. Keep Orakpo at DE full time, put Wilson at full time SLB and hope we have someone who can spell Wilson at LB periodically, play all our rookie WR's Thomas, Kelly, and Mitchell as much as possible so they are somewhat NFL experienced for next yr. I know Moss was not the problem but I would use him as a situational player only just to give the young guys experience.

Play Collins starting this week. JC is not getting it done. Start looking at other viable options for the right side of the O-line. Either trade out someone or bring someone from outside the team. Play Mason and Alridge for no other reason but to give them experience. Start Barnes, move Landry to SS, and bring in Moore or whoever is a true FS.

Also stop playing players out of their positions like Landry, Orakpo, and so on.
This is where having an agenda negates any credibility you may have. I'll be the first to admit that Campbell's play in the 2nd half today was not very good, but if you can HONESTLY convince any knowledgeable football fan that Campbell is largely to blame for us being 1-2 then you should be a lawyer because you can convince anyone of anything. Seriously, our problems are SO much bigger than Jason Campbell to even consider or suggest benching him for a 38 year old career backup should be enough to eliminate any doubt of your football ignorance.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #154
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinDogg View Post
Okay, so Zorn gets fired. Then what? Other than a scrub wanting to add HC to his resume and pay down some bills, who would want to coach for Mr. Snyder?
I agree.

No great, young upcoming coach is going to want to waste his first coaching opportunity and image on the Skins gig under the circumstances as they stand.

The coach that has to come in to DC cannot be easily influenced by vast amounts of money and already have excellent coaching pride.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #155
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Gibbs may have left but we had Williams. He would've made a much better head coach than Zorn. He was more qualified, he knew the team and he probably would've kept on Al S so everyone wouldn't have had to learn a new offense. Instead he wanted a guy who he and Vinny could push around. As usual it always starts at the top.
So you think a defensive coach would have helped with an offense that has trouble scoring? Please.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #156
rstone1979
Special Teams

All i want for Christmas is a winning season. Guess you cant ask for this every year? Then again it would be nice if Santa would just help me out once
rstone1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #157
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

LMAO, I know I'm going to get shanked for posting this but what the hell. It's been a crazy day already.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #158
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
I TOTALY AGREE. When you have O yards rushing in the first half. Usually its on the O-line.

Let me reiterate that. O yard rushing in the first half!!!
Amazing.

And let me reiterate too -- we did nothing to upgrade the offensive line and we are officially paying for it.

That's unless you consider the great Derrick Dockery to be an upgrade...
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #159
twinskinsfan
Special Teams

Our problem? Bad play selection, bad personell, bad time management, a high school head coach, we have no locker room presence, we have no team identity, our owner is too involved, we play slow, our team has no drive, we can't execute for shit, we dont even stand a chance in our division, and everyone knows it. London Fletcher is the only one with any drive. We paid alot of money on a player to blame our defense on. Or qb is not a starting NFL qb, our running backs suck, our receivers constantly look lost, we penalize ourselves way too much, we think we are better than we really are. I am tired of hearing that we are one play away. We are a bad team in a difficult division, and it is going to be hard to get out of it. Bottom line.... WE are a Bad team. Our coahes are not together, Zorn is a train wreck. Cambell has no idea what the hell is going on, Portis is more worried about what the media says, We are a Bad team. I love the skins' and this is going to be a difficult year, but CHANGE needs to happen. We need a Experienced Head Coach who can control the locker room.
twinskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #160
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Your somewhat correct. We have a QB who locks onto one receiver and follows him through the route. He fails to observe the whole field. He has his favorite receivers and hardly looks at anyone else (enter whatever excuse you see fit). I mean if you load the box and stop Moss and Cooley other teams know they have a 50% chance of winning.

Start Collins. Atleast he was able to get the ball out prior to the WR's making their breaks or while in stride. JC just sits back their waiting for the receivers to run their routes, stop, and look at him before he drills the ball.
i agree and all QB have things they struggle with but it's hard to correct them when you don't have time to think i'm not sure most QB's could with this line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #161
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Just for a frame of reference around 70% of the fan base believes Zorn should be fired.
Zorn can stay for all I care.

I more care about the front office being vastly altered than the coaching position.

Zorn is a first time head coach in his second year. Really...what realistic expectations were there with him to begin with. He didn't fill out the coaching ranks himself and he's never even been a OC before.

It's not so surprising that he failed. It is surprising that the biggest wallet in the NFL can't yield the personnel to beat the lions...FIRE THE FRONT OFFICE.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #162
pg86
No new threads for you

I've got 50 yard line tickets field level to Redskins @ Raiders...

I wonder how bad the Raiders are gonna thrash us that week..no what Im eager to see now is who is the the head coach gonna be
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #163
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Amazing.

And let me reiterate too -- we did nothing to upgrade the offensive line and we are officially paying for it.

What about Clinton Portis? I mean this dude is getting paid all this money, is always banged up, never practices, and does little in the preseason...he's a non-factor this season. Shit, at least the o-line is good enough to get Campbell to throw over 300 yds.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #164
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
The offense has not been good the last two games, especially in the red zone. But it was the thinner of the two units to begin with, and it's the one that took the first major injury.

And the offense did have trouble moving the football today. Campbell did not play very well. There was no rhythm to his work. Portis was a non factor in this one.

No matter who is coaching the offense, it will have it's moments when Campbell plays well and it's going to struggle mightily when he doesn't. You just can't excuse a poorly coached defense as not having the players. You might be right, but since Blache has been our DL coach and later our coordinator, we're 0-4 against rookie QBs. How can we defend that?
The offense hasn't been good since the 2nd half of last year and this whole year. It's about scoring points not yardage. We can't score points. Scoring 9 and 14 points is simply inexcusable and unacceptable against Det. and STL.

If you watched the game today closely, which I assume you did you would've saw guys LOSING their one on one battles on defense. And you would've saw some missed tackles. I'm not sure how you blame that on coaching.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #165
Miller101
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Amazing.

Dude! We only ran it four times in the first half. Just four freaking times!!! I've never seen that shit before in my life! Even Spurrier would call more running plays then that!
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote