Bradford 35 41.67%
Cutler 33 39.29%
Locker 12 14.29%
Sanchez 4 4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #46
GusFrerotte

Re: Which QB Fits Best?

Bradford for sure, as he is the only one that shows real promise, just build a team around him ala Peyton Manning and the Rams will be very good. I do like Cutler, but to me he is sort of like Grossman in he can be inconsistent at times. He is head and shoulders above Rex, but still can have crappy games once or twice a month during football season.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #47
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think Bradford is the best overall QB of the group. But I think Locker would have been very intriguing with his ability to run
Old 11-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #48
Big C
Mr. Brightside

locker and cutler are the best fits for our system.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #49
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Ok then some one refresh my memory....

Didn't Denver and Chicago trade QB's because they were not happy with their performances? ie; too many INT's, Fumbles, not scoring. and wasn't Cutler apart of that trade? To me.... his stats are only slightly better then Grossmans.
Seriously? You don't remember that soap opera with McDaniels taking over Denver, and flirting with his former protege Matt Cassel? That's why they traded Cutler, because he demanded it.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #50
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't quite know who I would choose.

But I do find it kind of interesting we've had weeks of "Mike needs to take the offense back from Kyle." "Mike's offense runs the ball, Kyle's doesn't." Etc

And yet the rationale a lot of people have here for Cutler is his experience in Mike's offense. Do you assume then that if Cutler were here Kyle wouldn't be the OC?
this is a good point... I think the distinction is between the fundamentals of the offense and the actual game day play calling. KS clearly is a pass first OC, but when they do run, it's stretch and zone blocking. In the pass there is an emphasis on getting the ball down the field and moving the pocket. Those are both characteristics of MS' offense. You could probably say they're looking for the same archetype at QB, with KS not placing quite as high of a premium on mobility.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #51
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Given that the QBs of choice would be playing behind this OL, the best choice is probably Usain Bolt - - but since he is not on the list, my pick would be Cutler.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #52
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Wait a min. I'm only throwing out the site because some one mentioned that Cutler has better stats then Grossman. I've been proven wrong. I'll happily take my lump, but don't decide because the stats don't make you happy or prove your point then they list should be thrown out.

I don't like the list either, but those are this years stats. I'll presume your not a stat driven person like me. I like to think there is a lot more to look at in a QB then stats and I can understand if thats the case why you'd think the list is junk but it is what it is.
My bad man, i was just kidding. I thought it was hilarious Tebow wasnt on the list because his passes dont average out to 14 per game or more.... I mean even Beck is included. I guess all the more credit to both John Fox and the Shanahans.

Im not a big stat guy either. The only things that matters to me are winning and how a QB performs in the clutch. I was originally thinking Bradford would be the best for our team, but after reading everyones post ill concede to the fact that Cutler may be better suited. Either way i dont think we could have gone with either. And i think for Locker i think its just WAYYY too early to tell what tell become.

Last edited by mlmpetert; 11-19-2011 at 11:15 AM.
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #53
skins89moss
Playmaker

None of these QB's fits us because we wont be getting any of them. Lets draft our very on Rookie QB and build the offense around him for once.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #54
rocnrik
Playmaker

RGIII,RGIII...................He would be the QB I would target ..we dont have a good o line...well with RGIII it doesnt matter..he can scramble around..till we get a better o line..HE WILL BE A GREAT NFL QB!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #55
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Cutler has run this offense successfully. And don't cite his mediocre record as a starter in Denver - that was a function of Shanahan's weak defense during that period.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #56
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Jay Cutler. He already knows the offense having been drafted by Mike Shanahan and playing in his system in Denver. He would be best suited to run a Mike Shanahan style offense.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #57
Terpfan76
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Jay Cutler. He already knows the offense having been drafted by Mike Shanahan and playing in his system in Denver. He would be best suited to run a Mike Shanahan style offense.

This isn't really Mike's system though, it's Kyle's. While I imagine there are similarities, it's not the same offense.

Personally, I would have liked us to have gotten Jake Locker.
Terpfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote