49ers vs. Redskins Game Day Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-06-2011, 11:08 PM   #706
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: 49ers vs. Redskins Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'm actually thinking that our thought processes are ass backwards. I've argued as well as anyone that coach's need to develope players and need to utilize the talent they have on this team or rather make the scheme work around the talent on the team.

But maybe, just maybe, we are all wrong and it's more about keeping the coaching staff around long enough to get the personel on this team that fits the scheme. .... and consistancy, meaning keeping a coaching staff around longer then 2 yrs, getting a top notch QB and or developing a top notch QB and allowing him to develope, vs. switching QB's every few yrs for something greener in the next pastur that doesn't work out.
I'm fine with this if MS had started to rebuild the offense since day one instead of bringing a washed up McNabb last year.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #707
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'm fine with this if MS had started to rebuild the offense since day one instead of bringing a washed up McNabb last year.
Well, he has started the process this year, and we'd be fools to abort the project simply because he didn't implement it soon enough. Better late then never.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #708
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
You know before the game I was listening to 980am's pre game show while I was in the gym... Chris Russell came on and said he had it on authority from one the "highest ranking Redskin officials" that the team was drooling over Helu's potential in the screen game. So Kevin Sheehan's response was like- "don't give away the game plan, Chris." to which Russell sort of stammered and had no answer.

And then we have 14 completions to a RB... Curious. I guess we had the lack of a run game planned all along, and released as much to the media before the game??? I dunno....
If you listened to Shanny's press conference after the game, you'd find out exactly why they were dinking and dunking. It was the type of defense that the 49ers were running.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #709
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
mcnabb was on pace to set the skins single season passing yard record and gave us big play capabilities . . . just wish he could have been more amenable to instruction . .
Old 11-06-2011, 11:23 PM   #710
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
mcnabb was on pace to set the skins single season passing yard record and gave us big play capabilities . . . just wish he could have been more amenable to instruction . .
Yards don't win games. Scoring points does. McNabb was horrible on 3rd down conversion and killed drives on a regular with his inconsistency. The fact that a rookie is running the Vikings offense better than McDummy says everything you need to know.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:34 PM   #711
kevinjames1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Yards don't win games. Scoring points does. McNabb was horrible on 3rd down conversion and killed drives on a regular with his inconsistency. The fact that a rookie is running the Vikings offense better than McDummy says everything you need to know.
Mcnabb was a waste. Threw more balls to the worms in fed ex than he did to wrs.
kevinjames1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #712
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Well, some of us said "rebuild" and we who did were told this team couldn't afford to go rebuild.

Trust me I didn't want McNabb, didn't think he was going to work out, hated the idea that they signed him, but I started believing all the hoopla about MS being able to reinvent Elway at his old age and thought maybe McNabb would work out also. But we were duped. Clearly McNabb was the one with issue's as we have seen him being benched in Minni for not playing the reindeer games.

At this point I'm either ready to see Grossman put back in in hopes he makes better decisions or ready to see Jonathon Crompton. Crompton might be worth seeing if he can be salvaged. I mean if we are going to play like a bunch of rookies, especially at the QB spot we might as well put one in. I can atleast grasp that thought.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:24 AM   #713
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I'm just baffled that there are a ton of colleges out there that have football teams and only 32 NFL teams. I went checking and not all have QB's sitting on their PS so why can't this team look at any of the QB's that were not picked up and try them out?

I know they won't be able to step in next week and start, I'm not asking for that. What I'm wondering is if Grossman and Beck is not working out then what about Crompton and perhaps start looking into some of the Rookies not picked up. Perhaps they are crap, maybe they seem to take to this scheme.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote