Mark McGwire admits to using steroids

Other Sports

Old 01-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #16
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: Mark McGwire admits to using steroids

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
5 years too late. Should have come clean during the Congressional Hearings. I would have had more respect then. Now, it's just a side note as he is bailed out by the last guy in baseball that would hire him.
from my understanding he would have told the truth if he was given immunity from the then atty gen. alberto gonzales.

he waited the 5 years for the statute of limitations to pass before telling the truth.

gonzales should have given him qualified immunity against prosecution if they really were interested in investigating the steroid manufacturers and distributors. instead all they got was the one guy form balco, who to my understanding is not in jail and balco is still a company.

(this info i heard on the sports reporters last night bout 5 ish)

Advertisements
Old 01-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #17
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

IMO all of the guys that were juicing need to have their HOF and records taken back. If Mac had done it over an injury that's one thing, but he said he was doing it for years. I know of a couple guys that had accidents that went on a cycle under a doctor's supervision. That is legal. Mac was getting an edge, and he's lying if he says that wasn't his intention.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:00 AM   #18
Chevy13
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
IMO all of the guys that were juicing need to have their HOF and records taken back. If Mac had done it over an injury that's one thing, but he said he was doing it for years. I know of a couple guys that had accidents that went on a cycle under a doctor's supervision. That is legal. Mac was getting an edge, and he's lying if he says that wasn't his intention.
The only thing that shocked me from his "admission" was when he said that it gave him no edge and he feels he still would of hit all those homeruns without the steroids, Yeah and being rich won't help you get laid... I'm sure Hugh Hefner would have all the girlfriends he has without the money and fame....:cool-smil
Old 02-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #19
bdubin
Camp Scrub

LOL! Please Mark!
bdubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:14 PM   #20
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
I personally could care less about steroid use in baseball or it's effect on those players chances of landing in the HOF. How can they call it a HOF without Pete Rose, Alex Rodriguez, Roger Clemens, Big Mac, and Barry Bonds?