Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Carlos Rogers calls out ownership (PFT)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #16
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Carlos Rogers calls out ownership (PFT)

Glad somone is calling out the top. Too bad about Carlos, we will let him go most likely. There is a real garbage heap of corners in the FO class coming out next year. Im sure our FO will overpay one of those guys, and instead of complaining about drop interceptions and pass defended, we will be complaining about why we guarenteed some piece of crap 15-25 million and why he gets beat constantly. If he goes we may move Smoot back into the starting lineup and go with Tryon or Barnes in the nickle, which will be horrible as well. I sure as hell dont want to draft another corner.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #17
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Carlos is right. He might not be the best CB we have but he's not the worst. I blame a lot of our defensive woes on Blache. How do you play WR so far off? How do you play our best DE as a LB?
Old 10-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #18
celts32
Playmaker

As for not resigning Carlos...he's clearly the best CB on the roster in spite of how much money they gave to Hall. With the uncapped year coming I believe those rules will make Carlos a restricted free agent so at least the redskins should be able to get a draft pick if they don't resign him. I bet those remarks were in some way calculated because he wants to sign with a new team in the off season for huge money.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #19
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Carlos has hands of stone, but he is a very good in coverage and excellent in run support. Unfortunately, with these latest comments, I am sure we won't re-sign him and we'll have yet another hole to fill in the starting lineup.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #20
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Carlos speaks the truth, nor does he care. I think he realizes when his contract is up, he will be elsewhere anyhow. Whether calling out ownership is a smart move for him personally, in the realm of being signed as a free agent, we will see.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #21
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
As for not resigning Carlos...he's clearly the best CB on the roster in spite of how much money they gave to Hall. With the uncapped year coming I believe those rules will make Carlos a restricted free agent so at least the redskins should be able to get a draft pick if they don't resign him. I bet those remarks were in some way calculated because he wants to sign with a new team in the off season for huge money.
Pretty sure he's a RFA anyway.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:33 PM   #22
53Fan
Franchise Player

His remarks are being played up on sports shows and Jason Reid said the FO remembers things like this and Rogers will likely be gone. Doesn't surprise me..Danny's a petty little man.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #23
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Yeah he just basically said the blame starts at the top and goes all the way down. I didn't take it as a call out necessarily, he was just stating the obvious. As for him not interested in staying I'm sure the feeling is mutual.
Really? Say what you want about his pass catching skills, but I'd hate to see what our D would be like without his coverage abilities.

If he goes, we might as well blow up the whole damn team.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #24
Son Of Man
Impact Rookie

Carlos isn't interest in remaining in Washington and by all indication, the FO is not interested in retaining him. Hopefully we get as much as we can for him by tagging/then trading him to a willing team (low 1st round or high 2nd round pick would be nice). If we are serious about rebuilding...and yes we are in a rebuilding mode....exiting players like Los in exchange for picks is a great way to go.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #25
GusFrerotte

Could you blame any vet for wanting to leave this madhouse? Another HC will again mean at least 2-4 seasons of "rebuilding" mode. It is funny how our Fo just about resembles that of the Lions, but it seems the Lions at least make real attempts at trying to build something. Snyder just thinks he can buy some hot FA's and automatically become a winner. All of these wasted draft picks have come to haunt us, especially with the O line and depth.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #26
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Carlos has hands of stone, but he is a very good in coverage and excellent in run support. Unfortunately, with these latest comments, I am sure we won't re-sign him and we'll have yet another hole to fill in the starting lineup.
Maybe we can trade Rogers to San Diego...and finally get Merriman!

Seriously though, we tried to trade Rogers, Moss, and Campbell this past year for a 2nd. Too bad we couldn't pull off any those deals
Old 10-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #27
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Carlos speaks the truth, nor does he care. I think he realizes when his contract is up, he will be elsewhere anyhow. Whether calling out ownership is a smart move for him personally, in the realm of being signed as a free agent, we will see.

He wants out if this crap continues, unless he already has his mind made up. I would too. Unless you get Snder to get a GM and/or fire Vinny, it isn't going to matter who the HC is. Snyder could bring in Dungy, Holgrem, Shanny, or even Cowher, and the team would still underperform. Our lack of depth, giving up draft picks, and lousy drafting have hampered any efforts at building a solid winner. Kelly and Thomas were darkhorse studs in the preseason mags, and they are like invisible, non existent. Rogers and Landry are our best draft picks since Cooley and Sean Taylor, and although I like them they are nothing compared to when we had both Champ and Smooty together in terms of production .
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote