Hogs Haven chats with Redskins LB Robert Henson

Good stuff

Hogs Haven chats with Redskins LB Robert*Henson - Hogs Haven

Advertisements
Old 06-30-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
53Fan
Franchise Player

Re: Hogs Haven chats with Redskins LB Robert Henson

Yeah, great interview. Interesting observations on the QB's and receivers too. I hope Henson makes it. I believe he will. Good stuff! This young man might surprise some people.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
wilsowilso

I hope this guy can really play! Seems like an interesting and funny guy.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
SBXVII
Franchise Player

He seems to have great character. for his age to already realize how people get into trouble is a plus for him. Knowing his business is football and family is also a plus.

What I liked that stood out in his interview:

Sugar: Who is the fastest man on the team?

Robert: Keith Eloi. 4.21 or 4.23. Alridge is another fast one. I like little guys that. They make a wrong cut and you can knock em out though. Marcus Mason is another fast one.

I guess I should not have been supprised to hear that a WR was one of the fastest men on the team, we kinda knew Alridge was fast which is why the team brought him in but either I forgot or failed to know Mason was one of the fastest. I think I would have picked Moss, Portis, or Thomas.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Could you guys see a line up of Moss, Thomas, Eloi, and either Alridge or Dorsey out of the back field in play action. Talk about match up problems according to speed for other teams.

Honestly though...I have no idea which new WR I like best and the problem is we can't keep everyone. Marko Mitchell at 6-4, Keith Eloi who I thought was tall is only 5-10 and fast, and Jason Williams at 6-5. I know its not all about being tall but we have lacked the height for several yrs and it's nice to have several to possibly pick from. Maybe Eloi can be the one to spell Moss periodically in order to keep a WR with speed on the field.

Then theres all the talent at RB and to be honest there the only person I would have a heart ache losing would be Portis. I doubt any of the ones on the squad will take over his duties unless he gets hurt so I think I'm safe there but if the rest of the RB positions are open to everyone (which I doubt happens) I'll be more excited. Betts is a good #2 but he just doesn't excite me. Rock (in my opinion) fills only one roll, KR. I would prefer the player taking on that roll to be able to fill several rolls like RB, KR, and PR. I guess if we had to get rid of either Betts or Rock then I would let Rock go and fill his roll with a change of pace back who is shifty and speedier then Betts and Portis and give him the crap rolls since he is a rookie, ie; KR, PR duties.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
MTK
\m/

Mason might be one of those guys that is quicker than fast, or plays faster than he is. His 40 time coming out of college was a pretty ordinary 4.65.

Marcus Mason*|*Youngstown State,*RB*:*2007 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile
Old 06-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
an23dy
Special Teams

I liked everything he said, but it's tough to take too much stock in everything, because he's positive about everybody. It's what you're supposed to do, can't criticize your teammates, but if we're as good as he says it looks like we'll be 19-0 easy. I don't like that Vinny is picking the guys that go to his church, you'd think he could travel a little further to scout guys than the church parking lot. I like Henson though and I hope he can be as good as he says he wants to be.
an23dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #8
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by an23dy View Post
I liked everything he said, but it's tough to take too much stock in everything, because he's positive about everybody. It's what you're supposed to do, can't criticize your teammates, but if we're as good as he says it looks like we'll be 19-0 easy. I don't like that Vinny is picking the guys that go to his church, you'd think he could travel a little further to scout guys than the church parking lot. I like Henson though and I hope he can be as good as he says he wants to be.
I can't knock what they have done. Pulling in local talent. Why not? If they weren't drafted and other teams fail to pick them up then give them a shot.

If the team turns out to be 19-0 then DS and Vinny are geniuses, right. If we are 8-8 again guess who the fall guys are....again.

I don't have a problem with their last two yrs drafts. My only complaint would be that we did not pick up O-lineman, but we seem to have done a decent job picking up Dockery, and Williams I think will supprise, Bridges is a nice addition, last yrs drafted O-lineman is stepping up as well as Heyer. I also like the Center we picked up this yr. So basically if they perform well ...no complaints from me.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:19 PM   #9
freddyg12
Playmaker

it's easy to get excited about players that are virtually unknown to us at this time. That said, at least the guy seems to speak well & have a good head on his shoulders. We'll see what he can do this summer as he'll get plenty of work at LB. (which position I don't know?)

We really need one of these late round picks to become a starter at some point. If he & Glenn can both crack the lineup in a couple years that's above & beyond expectations. I just hope at least one of them can make the team.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #10
an23dy
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I can't knock what they have done. Pulling in local talent. Why not? If they weren't drafted and other teams fail to pick them up then give them a shot.

If the team turns out to be 19-0 then DS and Vinny are geniuses, right. If we are 8-8 again guess who the fall guys are....again.

I don't have a problem with their last two yrs drafts. My only complaint would be that we did not pick up O-lineman, but we seem to have done a decent job picking up Dockery, and Williams I think will supprise, Bridges is a nice addition, last yrs drafted O-lineman is stepping up as well as Heyer. I also like the Center we picked up this yr. So basically if they perform well ...no complaints from me.
I'll agree, I don't really have a problem with the last 2 years as of now, but there's still a lot to be determined with those guys, especially the receivers from last year. I was more joking about Vinny, but in terms of pulling local talent and giving them a shot. If this guy were undrafted then yeah, but we took him in the sixth so it's a little different. Not saying that a 6th round pick means much and I doubt Vinny put much stock into it, but it's just a lil weird.
an23dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #11
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
it's easy to get excited about players that are virtually unknown to us at this time. That said, at least the guy seems to speak well & have a good head on his shoulders. We'll see what he can do this summer as he'll get plenty of work at LB. (which position I don't know?)

We really need one of these late round picks to become a starter at some point. If he & Glenn can both crack the lineup in a couple years that's above & beyond expectations. I just hope at least one of them can make the team.
According to the Colts' Bill Polian, even the best NFL talent evaluators seem to have about a 50% success rate.

Given this, Vinny's draft strategy appears to be to draft two players at a position of need, with the idea that one of them will work out. If they both work out then that is just gravy.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:25 AM   #12
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Robert: ...even in OTAs I was doing a good job in special teams. I can't wait. I'd give ANYTHING to be on the opening kickoff of the Super Bowl. I would have been screaming down the field! It'd be crazy.

Sugar: They outlawed the wedge you know?

Robert: Doesn't matter. I'll run down there and knock people out.

aahhahahahaha
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote